Indian media !!!

velu

36 minutes ago, someone said:

So with US elections today, Arnab has been assaulted and arrested same day.

This is what fascism really looks like. You do the crimes, and there is no noise about it.

Why was he arrested? I saw some of the clips ... So many cops to arrest just one man. 

1 hour ago, diga said:

Why was he arrested? I saw some of the clips ... So many cops to arrest just one man. 

Charges of abetment to suicide.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/abetment-to-suicide-case-maharashtra-police-arrest-republic-tv-editor-in-chief-arnab-goswami/articleshow/79033535.cms

Looks like Vendetta politics. This is what we are stuck with in 2020. No governance, just drama.

3 hours ago, someone said:

So with US elections today, Arnab has been assaulted and arrested same day.

This is what fascism really looks like. You do the crimes, and there is no noise about it.

apparently held my hair and assaulted. wtf. But then this is mumbai so par for he course i guess.

Mumbai police played it smart and arrested him on the day when all news channels and social media is busy with US election. No channel (except republic ofcourse) is reporting this news. On a normal day it would be all over the tele.

I hope center intervenes as its gross injustice. I also dont agree with all the things that Arnab does in the name of journalism but dragging someone from home without proper warrant is against law.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Vilander said:

apparently held my hair and assaulted. wtf. But then this is mumbai so par for he course i guess.

The courts which does mid night hearings, is very silent. Where is the suo moto action?

Its fascism, where Arnab isnt one of their own, and thus no rights nor protection. 

36 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Mumbai police played it smart and arrested him on the day when all news channels and social media is busy with US election. No channel (except republic ofcourse) is reporting this news. On a normal day it would be all over the tele.

I hope center intervenes as its gross injustice. I also dont agree with all the things that Arnab does in the name of journalism but dragging someone from home without proper warrant is against law.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Abetment to suicide IPC 306 doesn't require an arrest warrant.

Edited by Mariyam

BJP wont do anything because Arnab's arrest giving BJP free publicity and exposing Congress/Shiv Sena in front of entire country. #ArnabGoswami is trending no.1 in India on an US election day says it all. Shiv Sena shooting on its own feet and congress is supporting him in scoring own goal.

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Charges of abetment to suicide.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/abetment-to-suicide-case-maharashtra-police-arrest-republic-tv-editor-in-chief-arnab-goswami/articleshow/79033535.cms

Looks like Vendetta politics. This is what we are stuck with in 2020. No governance, just drama.

Abetment to suicide due to not paying dues and a case which is an year old...hmm . 

Only if the Maha Police were as efficient in dealing with other issues in the state ..smacks of vendetta 

This tells a different story... that most dues were paid and the remaining wasnt paid due to incomplete work and further the complainint is demanding payment to third parties. No company will do that

More muck might come out 

^ Issue is not just about Arnab, or that beureucrat who has to apologise to Pawar after new SS CM took office or hundreds of partyworker who are being lyiched or killed allmost everyday.

Why party workers may stick with BJP as they are young and motivated, Issue is, the matured people with influence are looking at what is happening to people like Arnab or Bureaucrats. They will not wholeheartedly support and work for nationalist agenda as there is a huge risk that they may meet the same fate because BJP is ready to throw the people under bus

Ass much as I hate Arnab for his over the top anchoring and one-sided views, I despise the police for high handedness. But so much halla bulla because he is a known journalists when it is routine to misuse the police from the rich and powerful, no one would give a hoot if an ordinary man was wronged. 

6 hours ago, diga said:

Abetment to suicide due to not paying dues and a case which is an year old...hmm . 

Only if the Maha Police were as efficient in dealing with other issues in the state ..smacks of vendetta 

These charges won't stick. This is Mumbai (actually Raigad) Police being vindictive. Nothing else. *You* are taking notice now, only because it has happened to someone who is from your side of the political spectrum. This kind of brazen boorish behaviour by Mumbai Police under the Aegis of Bal Thackeray and his family has been the norm for the last 30 years. 

Let us for a minute assume that there is some truth to the allegations of abetment of suicide. Asianet News have been funding republic TV from its inception. Earlier under its own name, later by floating another company which did nothing but fund the channel. Arnab claims to be a majority stake holder in the channel. Zauba corp says otherwise. If there is indeed some non payment of dues, the entire board is to be held liable, which includes the bosses at Asianet also and the newly floated ARG Media. So far, the police have *only* arrested Arnab from Republic TV.

Furthermore, this case was closed by Alibaug Police two years ago. Now they cite the deceased's wife's who alleges that Arnab pressurized the cops to close the case. So in effect the cops are claiming that they allowed Arnab to pressurize them!!  LOL.

Edited by Mariyam

2 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Arnab should remember Sarvjeet or Rohtak Boys whom he abused and wanted to Punish without any trial. Why should Arnab be given fair trial. Karma is bitch. Rot in jail. This is you always propagated.

Come on. As much as we dislike Arnab, there is a difference between the judiciary and a total sell out like Arnab. He may have wanted to punish the Rohtak boys without any trial. That's his infantile wish. They did get a trial and were declared innocent after 4-5 years. Arnab should also get a trial.

22 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Come on. As much as we dislike Arnab, there is a difference between the judiciary and a total sell out like Arnab. He may have wanted to punish the Rohtak boys without any trial. That's his infantile wish. They did get a trial and were declared innocent after 4-5 years. Arnab should also get a trial.

What about their behazati . They were declared demons in front of millions. Rohtak boys wanted to join army they were barred from taking exam . Sarvjeet also suffered enormously because of people like Arnab .The same media never showed their innocence.