Indian media !!!

velu

Republic far far ahead among the English new channels ..

Republic bharat comfortably ahead of other hindi news channels ..

obviously republic doing the RIGHT thing :p: 

republic bharat has 40x more views than republic is a shocker to me .. clearly we overestimated our angrez news channels 

https://www.barcindia.co.in/statistic.aspx

16 minutes ago, velu said:

Republic far far ahead among the English new channels ..

Republic bharat comfortably ahead of other hindi news channels ..

obviously republic doing the RIGHT thing :p: 

republic bharat has 40x more views than republic is a shocker to me .. clearly we overestimated our angrez news channels 

https://www.barcindia.co.in/statistic.aspx

It’s cult of personality. I don’t remember any journalist in India having the following of Arnab Goswami. Before all the libbus attack that statement, I will add the disclaimer for good or bad but that’s an undeniable fact.

The guy is a whole institution on to himself :hatsoff:

To assign more %’s Just to add to the above, as a sanghi, right wing, overseas, proud Chaddi dhaari Hindu I lap up every word of Arnab’s 90% rant and love it. In fact 95% I feel great when he takes down these bozos and may be 4% I do feel bad once in a while if he is too harsh and trust me there has been the odd occasion or 2 when I also felt he wasn’t as harsh as he should have been :)

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

It’s cult of personality. I don’t remember any journalist in India having the following of Arnab Goswami. Before all the libbus attack that statement, I will add the disclaimer for good or bad but that’s an undeniable fact.

The guy is a whole institution on to himself :hatsoff:

Maybe he has a method to his madness, he changed from left to left of center to right of center. When he started R , I thought he had high expectation like being an RW Al-Jazeera. Not there in international arena, At least he should be like WION TV/Gravitas. I guess he wants to conquer domestic market first before going after Internation liberal media. I am not complaining as long as Lutyens media has their knickers in a wad 

@Gollum @coffee_rules @velu Just checked out the original video. The 22 member panel are all republic journalists just there to welcome back the reporter  who was arrested a couple of days back . It’s not exactly a debate. I am sure some libbu will give it a comic spin but it is not as outlandish as I originally thought it was.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Gollum @coffee_rules @velu Just checked out the original video. The 22 member panel are all republic journalists just there to welcome back the reporter  who was arrested a couple of days back . It’s not exactly a debate. I am sure some libbu will give it a comic spin but it is not as outlandish as I originally thought it was.

all liberals , liberal media and their cronies hates republic and their reporters .. 

more than the ideology , republic took away their business  .. ndtv is still in green qoq , but they are in decline for  the last few years .. 

ndtv profit last quarter was 7/8 crore , but sun tvs profits were 270 crore kind ..

33 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sorry, I didn't know. Yes, it is a big moment win for R/Arnab to get their reporter back. Notice, that the Editor Guild of India and PTI and Shekar Gupta have gone AWOL on a reporter being arrested. Otherwise they will be whining about Press freedom.

From Twitter: Justice Chandrachud: We are of the opinion that we appoint a committee of five distinguished citizens who can come up with certain standards for the electronic media. We don't want any politically divisive nature and we need members who are are of commendable stature

So this point said today, is very important. The big challenge is not the fake news, but this idea of regulation and gatekeepers...

Media need to self regulate with Door Darshan /PTI journos sitting at top of hiearchy. However, this is not wven imaginable to our media who wants their own group owners  to be sitting at top.

Solution is, GOI to pump more money and make DD as defacto channel for journalism cream of India. Exactly opposite to it happened at launch of NDTV.

13 minutes ago, mishra said:

Media need to self regulate with Door Darshan /PTI journos sitting at top of hiearchy. However, this is not wven imaginable to our media who wants their own group owners  to be sitting at top.

Solution is, GOI to pump more money and make DD as defacto channel for journalism cream of India. Exactly opposite to it happened at launch of NDTV.

GOI should make an equivalent global channel like BCC, RT, Al-Jazeera which are respectively funded by state governments. There needs to be a Indian prospective on global issues.

Next, on regulation, we already see with Wikipedia which is highly controlled and moderated. We don't want the same thing to happen to social media, or our local online news. There is a level-playing field today, where nobody holds a monopoly. Obviously, those elites of the past, want their monopoly and control again...

58 minutes ago, someone said:

GOI should make an equivalent global channel like BCC, RT, Al-Jazeera which are respectively funded by state governments. There needs to be a Indian prospective on global issues.

Next, on regulation, we already see with Wikipedia which is highly controlled and moderated. We don't want the same thing to happen to social media, or our local online news. There is a level-playing field today, where nobody holds a monopoly. Obviously, those elites of the past, want their monopoly and control again...

Sadly, It can not happen now. Some mistakes can’t be corrected. Killing DD for NDTV is one of them. 

Private corporations in Indian media is way too strong even for a democratic Indian Government to take them on. So Circus is not going to end.

PS: Its acts like above is why I can’t take Congress anymore. They have effed up everything that was or could have been India

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Sadly, It can not happen now. Some mistakes can’t be corrected. Killing DD for NDTV is one of them. 

Private corporations in Indian media is way too strong even for a democratic Indian Government to take them on. So Circus is not going to end.

PS: Its acts like above is why I can’t take Congress anymore. They have effed up everything that was or could have been India

Yet, the private corporation of India are so weak, scared to challenge the global media. The best bet is still the gov to create its own international news agency like the other countries.

Although, on private sector, Arnab is an ambitious guy, and certainly he has the potential ability to create a global news network based in India.