Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala maintains silence on abduction, rape and forceful conversion of minority girls in Pakistan

Gollum

4 hours ago, gattaca said:

I think people don’t like her hypocrisy. Don’t think she will go against pak army.

I get that but is her hypocrisy that worth for people to lose their sleep over?

This is same as one Pakistani lady questioning Priyanka Chopra about her stand on Kashmir... 

9 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I agree with you personally. There should be no Islamic Kashmir. It is much better that Kashmir is ruled by the Secular Indian Constitution. It would have also been ok if article 370 should have been amended and Indian central government should have not to invest more in Kashmir than other states. 

Please look it this way that Pakistani Secularists could have supported India much better if Indian BJP Government would have done more for Secularism than Hindutva system. 

This is my sole criticism. BJP should come in the center from extreme right. This is very necessary for the development of India. 

The part in bold is true. Per capita the GoI spent a lot more on Jammu & Kashmir than on other Indian states/UTs. Doubt that is going to change any time soon.

Also, why should India really care about support ( whatever that means) from Pakistani secularists (whatever that means :p:)?

2 hours ago, veer said:

I get that but is her hypocrisy that worth for people to lose their sleep over?

This is same as one Pakistani lady questioning Priyanka Chopra about her stand on Kashmir... 

She is a Nobel winner, not just any other 25 year old.

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/how-close-should-an-activist-icon-get-to-power-an-interview-with-malala-yousafzai

What do you think about the Pashtun movement [a human-rights movement among Pakistan’s second-largest ethnic group]?

MALALA: I think it is needed. It is crucial. In Pakistan, the Balochistan area and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa especially have suffered from violence for a very long time. There has been the issue of missing people. There has been the issue of killings of local leaders. It’s important that we recognize them as equal citizens of Pakistan. Those people did not even have equal rights with the rest of Pakistanis. It’s important that they’re listened to, that their voices are heard. It’s important for the stability and progress of Pakistan. Celebrating the diversity that we have is crucial, and treating everyone equally is also important.

Big Big difference. She is saying what any liberal is "forced" to say. There is no option for her left as person interviewing her has asked her out of syllabus question. She can not say that people are treated equally. Can she. That will expose her even more. But she is NOT URGING Human Rights orgs, UN , west.

Also even there, she has desisted herself from criticising Pakistani army or establishment for the predicament of Balochs. She is also answering the question as if Balosh issue is because of some past inequality and now its allmost settled and Pakistani establishment is as if now very inclusive and just

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

Difficulties, inconvenience yes, atrocities highly doubtful.

When agencies take  thousands of people with them, and they become "missing", then these are atrocities while we all know how people are tortured by the agencies. Off course Indians deem it to be a necessary step, just like Pakistanis deem it a necessary step in Baluchistan. 

Liberals in both countries could not do much without being blamed for being traitors, except to ask for no usurpation of basic human rights in name of emergency and media blackouts.  

Let us stick to Malala, topic of this thread. I will never put Malala in the same league as Gul Bukhari or Naila Inayat who I deeply respect. If Naila criticizes India I won't mind because she is fair and yes, a true liberal in every sense of the word.

Did the young Nobel laureate ever speak about

• Balochistan
  • Waziristan 
  • Blasphemy law, Asia Bibi
  • Condition of Pak's minorities, rapes/forcible conversions, desecration of temples, destruction of property
  • LGBTQ rights

I have posted the views of Malala about Baluchistan/Waziristan above.

I feel there is a very BASIC difference between Malala and people like Gul Bukhari which makes it impossible to compare them both. 

Malala is on a difficult and dangerous mission and she has to achieve a success in her mission in Pakistan (i.e. the female education in her Pashtoon area specially and in whole Pakistan generally).  While Gul Bukhari has no such commitment and she is totally free of any blackmailing. 

We are not living in a perfect world. This is a reality. I have not followed Malala a lot, but little what I have seen of her, then this young lady has a beautiful liberal mind on her shoulders. 

Most of our RW doesn't care about Balochistan or have knowledge about issues there.

It does not make any difference if most of the Indian RW does not have knowledge about Baluchistan. 

The situation is very similar in Baluchistan and Kashmir. And RW of both countries are behaving in exactly the same way, i.e. they want to criticize the other country for human rights violation, but want themselves to be above any criticism. 

And the LW of both countries too is behaving the same. We care for the innocent humans first. We may not be perfect, we may make mistakes, but our hearts are on the right place. 

Most of our RW folks empathize with ordinary Kashmiris going about their daily business, may their tribe grow. We feel sad when terrorists kill/maim them, when separatists threaten them, when their businesses are closed down due to hartals, when their day to day lives are affected, rising unemployment etc. When this phase (harsh but necessary) is over you will see how average Kashmiris benefit with more investment and goodwill flowing into the state. Kashmiris who pelt stones, pick up arms, cover/hide terrorists, burn orchards and schools, rob banks, cause mayhem in hospitals.....our boys will take care of them.

These are the same arguments which we hear from the Pak RW where they are telling us to watch the development in Baluchistan once insurgency is killed. 

It may be true for both Kashmir and Baluchistan, but still Secular values should be so much evident from the behaviour of State Institutions that people could show confidence in the Secular Constitution and in the Judiciary and in the Police and whole Justice system. 

I am talking about this lack of whole Justice system. 

Ever cared to know how Ladakhis and Dogras managed all these years when Srinagar discriminated against those regions (politically, economically) and people/culture/religion? How many minorities are left in the valley? Heard about the Pandit genocide/exodus? Know about the discrimination against women, Dalits, minorities, rest of Indians, Union of India embedded in 370/35-A?

These arguments hold value against RW Pakistani.

But I am already of opinion that Kashmir should not be ruled by Islamic System, but it should be ruled through Indian Secular Constitution. 

Or how special that state was compared to rest of India, how much more it received than what is par for course? How militants/politicians/lobbies/separatists/journalists/activists got excess funds and freebies from national reserves, without giving up or ending support to violence? How Kashmiris could purchase property and live anywhere in India without favor being returned? How migrant workers from Bihar/Bengal/UP were systematically cheated and threatened by folks there? Why no industry or IT park or quality private university/hospital could come up there after so many decades? Why Kashmiri youth had to travel 2000 km far to get admission in colleges or apply for jobs? How 3 political dynasties and few prominent separatists looted the state dry? Why the Muslim youth got radicalized to such an extent so as to raise IS/AQ flags and banners? Why children of separatists study and work in Delhi, Mumbai, London, Dubai, Sydney, NY while other youth are brainwashed into leaving education/jobs instead pelting stones, joining terror groups at great risk? 

Again these arguments have nothing to do with me while I am already of this opinion. 

My criticism is this that normal Kashmiri person could not believe in all these things if he fears the lack of Justice system, fears the BJP led far right  system instead of true Secular system, fears the intentions of BJP where it wants to change the demography of Kashmir and then make them 2nd class citizens as in other parts of India where Muslims are unable to get flats in modern societies, where Muslims face discrimination in getting jobs, where Muslims are hated for being Muslims. 

Indian State Institutions like Police and even CBI and Taxation office and anti-corruption offices, or even the lower judiciary all are under heavy influence of BJP. It should not be the case, but they should be totally Free of any political/religious influence so that every Indian citizen could believe in them. 

She is 22 years old, an adult, staying/traveling in West and studying in a top college? Does she not have independent thinking? Or is she a fraud? Closet Islamist? Why is she so selective? Why did she lie about that Kashmiri girl missing an exam when 12th was national holiday all across India? Whose script was she reading? 

It may be she was told false by someone about 12th, or it may be she made a mistake at her own. But harsh reality is this that educational institutes were close in name of emergency for long period of time and many students may have missed their exams too. Off course Indians will keep on making 12th the main crises and keep on discrediting her for this so that the real issue could be avoided. But I am not a fan of such tactics and propaganda. For me humanity is sacred and I want steps which could help to avoid misery upon the people as much as possible. 

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The part in bold is true. Per capita the GoI spent a lot more on Jammu & Kashmir than on other Indian states/UTs. Doubt that is going to change any time soon.

Also, why should India really care about support ( whatever that means) from Pakistani secularists (whatever that means :p:)?

LOL. Then they should also not bother if Secularists in Pakistan are criticizing India for Kashmir. :p:

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) we are not living in an isolated community system any more, but we as humans have started standing above the level of tribes, language, race, nationality, religion ... and we have started feeling ourselves as Human First. 

Off course we are still not perfect and need much more time to fully overcome the evil sides of religions/nationalism/racism/language, but we are moving in the right direction (more or less). 

Pakistani Secularists need a better System as an example, in order to challenge the Islamic System in Pakistan. The only system is the Secularism which could challenge the Islamic System. And Indian Secularism should be a beacon of light in this region. If Secularism goes down in India, then Secularism in Pakistan will also die automatically. 

Edited by Alam_dar

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Big Big difference. She is saying what any liberal is "forced" to say. There is no option for her left as person interviewing her has asked her out of syllabus question. She can not say that people are treated equally. Can she. That will expose her even more. But she is NOT URGING Human Rights orgs, UN , west.

Also even there, she has desisted herself from criticising Pakistani army or establishment for the predicament of Balochs. She is also answering the question as if Balosh issue is because of some past inequality and now its allmost settled and Pakistani establishment is as if now very inclusive and just

I read the dairy of Malala, which was published in BBC Urdu, during the War of Swat. This diary was initially published without the name of Malala. 

That diary brought a little revolution in the minds of people. Really impressive. Taliban felt themselves so much threatened from that diary, that they had to kill little Malala. 

In that Diary, Malala was openly criticizing not only Taliban, but also the Pak Army, and also the Politicians. That was the real Malala, way before the Malala with any noble prize and any task of educating the girls in her area. 

In Pakistan, there are two strong forces. One are religious fanatics, and 2nd is Army.  You have to make friendship with one of them in order to survive in Pakistan. 

In Pakistan, SILENCE does not mean that you support Army/Jihadists. 

I request you to be not so hard to Malala. World is not ideal, while her world is especially very dangerous and difficult. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, Alam_dar said:

LOL. Then they should also not bother if Secularists in Pakistan are criticizing India for Kashmir. :p:

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) we are not living in an isolated community system any more, but we as humans have started standing above the level of tribes, language, race, nationality, religion ... and we have started feeling ourselves as Human First. 

Off course we are still not perfect and need much more time to fully overcome the evil sides of religions/nationalism/racism/language, but we are moving in the right direction (more or less). 

Pakistani Secularists need a better System as an example, in order to challenge the Islamic System in Pakistan. The only system is the Secularism which could challenge the Islamic System. And Indian Secularism should be a beacon of light in this region. If Secularism goes down in India, then Secularism in Pakistan will also die automatically. 

Hey man simple question. 

Kashmir Land territory belongs to India.  India will use all its might and kill all pak to get it back if it has to.  What part of this is not clear.  ? 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:26 AM, Alam_dar said:

I read the dairy of Malala, which was published in BBC Urdu, during the War of Swat. This diary was initially published without the name of Malala. 

That diary brought a little revolution in the minds of people. Really impressive. Taliban felt themselves so much threatened from that diary, that they had to kill little Malala. 

In that Diary, Malala was openly criticizing not only Taliban, but also the Pak Army, and also the Politicians. That was the real Malala, way before the Malala with any noble prize and any task of educating the girls in her area. 

In Pakistan, there are two strong forces. One are religious fanatics, and 2nd is Army.  You have to make friendship with one of them in order to survive in Pakistan. 

In Pakistan, SILENCE does not mean that you support Army/Jihadists. 

I request you to be not so hard to Malala. World is not ideal, while her world is especially very dangerous and difficult. 

So what ever she says means jack **** as she is not impartial what ever her reasons are to be that.