Hinduphobia In Secular India

SecondSlip

2 minutes ago, VT87 said:

That tweet about our deity Kali was so bitter in taste that I feel very sad. I can abuse these peacefuls on and on but would never imagined in my wildest dream to abuse Allah  or Quran even if I tried  I won't. Deep down in  my mind I think , the supreme power who created us  is same .How filthy and callous are these vermins to attack  other's faith .

He is an Iranian Canadian Atheist Ex-Muslim , not a peaceful. That is his super-power to abuse all religions 

22 minutes ago, VT87 said:

That tweet about our deity Kali was so bitter in taste that I feel very sad. I can abuse these peacefuls on and on but would never imagined in my wildest dream to abuse Allah  or Quran even if I tried  I won't. Deep down in  my mind I think , the supreme power who created us  is same .How filthy and callous are these vermins to attack  other's faith .

Much worse images on SM. I don't post them out of respect to our religion. 

I have seen many murtis of Kali where she has breasts exposed......even in a temple near my residence in Yeshwanthpur (Kalika Parmeshwari Dakshineshwari) constructed by a Bengali couple in the 80s/90s. Not in bad taste, this one definitely is. 

Edited by Gollum

To libbus who call Hindus violent, intolerant, uncultured, barbaric etc...how come no Hindu group burns down cities in UK, France, USA over these kind of incidents? For monkey balancing and PCness, parallels are drawn between Hindus and Muslims, please explain how we are mirror images. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Assam: One Rafiqul Ali desecrates a 16th century Vaishnava Satra in Barpeta, burns the Holi Guru Ashan

Last year, the idol of Goddess Lakshmi at the historical temple in the Keotkuchi area in Barpeta was damaged by the same Rafiqul Ali

Same guy last year

Assam: Muslim man caught vandalising, looting and torching Lakshmi Temple in Barpeta

Replace Rafiqul Ali with Ghaynsham Prasad, Geeta with Quran, temple with mosque...

- at least 10 people would have been killed in riots in some city (or cities) in the country

- After arson/rapes/stabbings some elements would do that human chain drama, followed by moral science lecture to 1 billion Hindus

- 100 policemen injured, few killed, few police stations and vehicles set on fire

- 10 million tweets by usual gang, 15000 op-eds about evil Hindus in foreign publications, Rana Ayyub one hour special on BBC/CNN

- 10000 crores public property damage

- curfew for 1 month

- 1000 arrests, then blame on system which is Islamophobic by design

- 2 years down the line, Mr Prasad hacked to death by some new Ghazi

Stupid Hindus believed in legal route here, so we are taken for granted in secular India. 

Edited by Gollum

Former CM Chandrababu Naidu slams the YSR government for the recent spate of attacks on Hindu temples in Andhra Pradesh

The furore on the temple attacks in Andhra Pradesh was stirred after unknown miscreants barged into the historic 12th century Kasi Visweswara Swamy temple last Wednesday and damaged a portion of the Nandi idol

Many such attacks being reported in the state, that too ancient temples are the targets. 
Edited by Gollum

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not in India, but couldn't find appropriate thread. Attack from all directions, British Hindus stay strong.

British Indians raise hue and cry as schoolbook ‘links Hinduism to terrorism’; publisher withdraws it

Income wise and interest wise, Hindus were always closer to Conservative voters slab, but they kept siding with Pakistanis when it came to voting pattern on the name of false brotherhood. The time, behaviour and views of Pakistanis and actions has made Hindus realise that its not about white and non white any more. Removal of article 370 and hostile violent reaction to it by Pakistani Muslims and their reaction in media, have made us realize, Pakistanis in UK have brought Pakistan in UK.

https://swarajyamag.com/world/big-tech-is-behaving-like-big-brother-in-the-us-election-india-needs-to-cut-down-twitter-and-facebook-to-size-before-its-too-late

Big Tech Is Behaving Like Big Brother In The US Election; India Needs To Cut Down Twitter And Facebook To Size Before It’s Too Late

Worth a full read. And this is the next biggest problem. The platforms which have given rise to Modi, exposed Hinduphobia, are now publishers who will selectively influence anything and everything.

Lesson From Tanishq Flop Show: Focus On Customers, Not Unsustainable Virtue Signalling

by Ganesh Arnaal - Oct 17, 2020
  • The reaction of Tanishq brand managers has been elitist and reeks of snobbery.

They appear to be angry that their customers are not able to appreciate their 'finer' sensibilities.

The Ekatvam product range advertisement by Tanishq depicting a Hindu girl in an inter-faith marriage with a Muslim had to be hurriedly withdrawn after being severely criticised in social media by many Hindus for promoting one-sided secularism. The ‘wokes’ and the liberals are angry that an advertisement promoting amity and love between communities is being criticised. They are upset that Titan is bending to appease the majority community.

The Tanishq episode raises important questions. What kind of advertising works? Should brands stick to celebrity endorsements highlighting just the product qualities? Should advertisers stay clear of social messaging? If they do want to comment on social issues, what are the boundaries?

All advertisements should pass the dharmic test.

Before the left liberal bigots start fuming, let me explain dharma.

Dharma is not about right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral. Dharma is that which upholds, that which sustains. And adharma is that which is not sustainable. One may ask why should advertisements pass the test of dharma?

Advertisement is a tool used by the producer to communicate with the public at large. Through the advertisement the producer seeks to inform, entertain and cajole the unsuspecting public to pay money to buy her product. Once an advertisement is released and is in the public domain, it becomes public property. The advertiser must be prepared to face the consequences of her communication. It may be met with appreciation, hostility or indifference.

The aim of every advertiser should be to avoid generating hostility among the audience. No advertiser would want to hurt or upset his audience, even inadvertently, as it is unsustainable. It will only lead to an inevitable pushback and diminution in brand value. Hence, every advertiser should ensure that his communication passes the dharma test.

Successful brands use advertisements over an extended period of time, to build a narrative around the core values of the product. Some brands get celebrities who are supposed to embody certain values to endorse their brands. Other brands use social messaging to promote sales.

While celebrity endorsements are reliable, they tend to be predictable. Tedium sets in fairly quickly forcing the advertiser to either change the advertisement or the celebrity or both regularly. There are very few celebrity endorsements which have succeeded over a long period of time.

In the 1980s, the Thums Up brand relied heavily on the larger than life persona of Sunil Gavaskar. With the advent of Gavaskar, India had shed its losing streak and started to win a few matches. The brand started showing Gavaskar playing his glorious cover and straight drives with the jingle, ‘Happy Days Are Here Again – Thums Up’.

After a precipitous loss of form when Gavaskar made his famous comeback, the brand came up with ‘ Sunny Days Are here Again – Thums Up’ which was an obvious play on Sunny, Gavaskar’s pet name. Over the years Thums Up had so closely identified itself with Gavaskar that when he went past Don Bradman’s 29 Test centuries, it was just sufficient to say ‘Thums Up Makes It Great’.

The social messaging approach to advertising is very exciting and is a very high-risk, high-reward game. There have been some extraordinary successes and some spectacular failures.

That adorable little girl won a million hearts with ‘I Love You Rasna’. HMT watches had a great tag line, ‘If You Have The Inclination, We Have The Time’. LIC got it so right with ‘Zindagi Ke Saath Bhi, Zindagi Ke Baad Bhi’. I wonder if the last one will ever require to change. ‘India Comes Home In A Maruti Suzuki’ and ‘ Amul - The Taste Of India’ are other examples of brilliant copy writing.

While the above are examples of stellar successes, we have several social message advertisements which had to bite the dust because of wrong or indifferent messaging.

Sometimes, a product fails to deliver on the promise made by the endorsing celebrity. MS Dhoni had endorsed Amrapali real estate. When Amrapali cheated thousands of home buyers, it was not just the real estate developer who was sought to be punished. People raised questions on the responsibility of the celebrity before endorsing a brand. As a result, MS Dhoni’s brand image did suffer.

Pulling out its Ekatvam campaign, Tanishq issued a statement saying, "The idea behind the Ekatvam campaign is to celebrate the coming together of people from different walks of life, local communities and families during these challenging times and celebrate the beauty of oneness. This film has stimulated divergent and severe reactions, contrary to its very objective. We are deeply saddened with the inadvertent stirring of emotions and withdraw this film keeping in mind the hurt sentiments and well-being of our employees, partners and store staff."

An obviously incensed Tanishq needs more time to introspect and to understand what went wrong with its campaign - why emotions were stirred and sentiments hurt. The bland statement is not an apology.

Tanishq appears to have been baffled by the reactions its advertisement triggered. The inability of Tanishq’s brand managers to comprehend negative sentiments is only to be expected. The brand managers at Tanishq and the advertisement agency handling the creative of Ekatvam product range are alienated from the ground reality of Hindu-Muslim relations. Their reaction is elitist and reeks of snobbery. They appear to be angry that their customers are not able to appreciate their finer sensibilities.

We have been fed with this nonsense of ‘all religions are the same’ for far too long. The elite among us have imbibed the idea of sameness. The sameness theory needs a reality check.

Discussing sameness, Rajiv Malhotra once famously asked Mark Tully, “do you want me to be same as you or will you be same as me?” While the elite believe in the sameness of all religions, the common man is only too aware of one-sided sameness. While a Hindu will readily accept the divinity of Jesus or Mohammed, no Muslim or Christian will ever accept the divinity of Krishna or Rama. The best offer so far is that Rama is Imam-e-Hind. Mind you Rama is not even a prophet to them, leave alone an avatar.

The Quran [2.221] requires a woman marrying a Muslim man to convert to Islam, while a Muslim woman marrying a Hindu man is not required by any Hindu shastra to convert to Hinduism. In the perverted Nehruvian Idea of India, it is the inherently liberal Hindu who must prove his secular credentials every day by accepting the false equivalence between Hinduism, Christianity and Islam.

Till 2019, yes surprisingly even between 2014 and 2019, Hindus had to accept the Nehruvian Idea of India. Now that the New Idea of India is slowly finding expression post-May 2019, the essentially liberal Hindu is refusing to accept one-sided sameness. She is now refusing to accept sole responsibility to keep India secular. She has started demanding mutual respect in inter-faith matters.

Muslims and Christians have a historic opportunity to reassess their relationship with Hindus. They can either openly acknowledge the differences and stop claiming minority benefits under the idea of sameness, or reform and accept mutual respect as the founding principle of New India.

The elitist and essentially ignorant brand managers working for large corporates should desist from venturing into the inter-faith domain. Their ekatvam is unsustainable and hence represents an adharmic worldview. In the New India, all are equal, so long as they are able to accord mutual respect to each other.

^^^^ Irrespective of who is in government, the breaking India forces are getting more viscous, aggressive and hostile. It a matter of time, where their numbers reaches the critical mass. It's inevitable, and that day will come. With a favorable government, at least, the preparation and alertness can be there.