India TV Serials

Alam_dar

80s had a lot of mainstream turd movies but also had a fantastic bunch of parallel and  "middle of the road" cinema. In fact, the top 20 Hindi movie list of the 80s would demolish the one from the 90s. Folks like Nihalani, Paranjpe and Benegal were in their prime whereas a lot of whiz kids like RGV, VVC, Rahul Rawail, JP Dutta, Mukul Anand and Shekhar Kapur made strong starts in the mid to late 80s. Unfortunately though it seems people only associate the decade with its shlock films. Which is weird because for all the hullabulloo about Andhadhun, VVC had already made arguably the GOAT Hindi suspense thriller Khamosh way back in the bad old 80s.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

I find Ramayan boring, no matter who tells the story but will check out the others time permitting :thumb:. Current Indian serials are rubbish, unwatchable. 

Have you seen some of the shows by TVF? Shows like Tripling and Yeh Meri Family are pretty good. And TVF Pitchers is borderline world class.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Have you seen some of the shows by TVF? Shows like Tripling and Yeh Meri Family are pretty good. And TVF Pitchers is borderline world class.

Seen the standalone videos of TVF, not the shows you mentioned. Saw the Bachelors one, that counts as show I guess. Will check the others out :thumb:.

Edited by Gollum

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Seen the standalone videos of TVF, not the shows you mentioned. Saw the Bachelors one, that counts as show I guess. Will check the others out :thumb:.

Bachelors is pretty good but that is still pretty derivative as they are spoofing popular movies post 2000. Tripling, Permanent Room Mates, Yeh Meri Family and Pitchers are their best known original series and are all worth watching.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I watched Delhi crime. Its absolutely brilliant. Entire focus on investigation, bare minimum on crime which i felt was the highlight. 

Ok, thanks. I was hesitant to watch it because the crime is so harrowing to read through, let alone watch it. Will watch it now.

Edited by coffee_rules

Bachelors is pretty good but that is still pretty derivative as they are spoofing popular movies post 2000. Tripling, Permanent Room Mates, Yeh Meri Family and Pitchers are their best known original series and are all worth watching.
Yeah, I watched all of them except Yeh Meri Family. Pretty good content.

Pitchers has some awesome moments. Loved it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok, thanks. I was hesitant to watch it because the crime is so harrowing to read through, let alone watch it. Will watch it now.

I had the exact hesitation. One warning though. Testimony of victim is just heart breaking.

6 hours ago, nikred said:

Yeah, I watched all of them except Yeh Meri Family. Pretty good content.

Pitchers has some awesome moments. Loved it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Pitchers is my pick of the lot too. Immense repeat value and an under rated OST as well. Yeh Meri Family is a nice nostalgia trip back to the 90s. 

Reading through this thread pains me a little.. We'll never get those days back when we saw Mahabharat, Ramayan, Surbhi, Bharat Ek Khoj, Dekh bhai Dekh, Vikaram Betaal, Nukkad, Buniyaad, Neev... I think we were the last generation of pre-cell phone era, pre-300 cable channel era.. those were good days.. Now everyone and everything is divided..

Or may be its just me.. .. 

By the way. .anyone remember a college campus show called 'Neev'?

Ohh man.. i just looked up on youtube whlie typing here... and looks like its loaded there.. Pure nostalagic..

On 4/10/2019 at 12:23 AM, Mariyam said:

I like Bollywood movies from the late 80s. 

Tezaab

Parinda

Mr India

Chandni

Masoom (probably earlier)

Maine Pyaar Kiya

Qayamat se Qayamat tak

Ram Lakhan

Ardh Satya

Umrao Jaan

Saudagar

I saw most of these in the early 2000s and absolutely loved them. 

Late 80s-90s were worst where only few good movies some of them you mentioned above but mostly like laal dupatta malmal ka, phir lehraya laal dupatta, dilwaley, phool aur kantey, kishan kanhaya, khuda gawah, chor kachary shor, salami, Mashooqa, aatank hi aatank, many of Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar , Ajay Devgan and khaan movies were absolute cringe more than 80s 90s were absolute cringe.

5 hours ago, raki05 said:

Late 80s-90s were worst where only few good movies some of them you mentioned above but mostly like laal dupatta malmal ka, phir lehraya laal dupatta, dilwaley, phool aur kantey, kishan kanhaya, khuda gawah, chor kachary shor, salami, Mashooqa, aatank hi aatank, many of Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar , Ajay Devgan and khaan movies were absolute cringe more than 80s 90s were absolute cringe.

Aside of Phool aur Kaante and Khuda Gawah, I haven't even heard of the other movies.

Most of the movies from that era were popular only because of their songs. Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik, Anuradha Paudwal and Udit Narayan zindaband basically. 

On 4/9/2019 at 2:08 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

80s was the worst phase for bollywood - we made ****

90s was a lil better but not much

Standards of Indian are all time Low now 

80s n 90s tv was really good 

Have a different opinion

Amar Akbar Anthony

Sholay

Bobby

Deewar 

Don

Mera Naam Joker

Zanjeer

Namak Haram

I remember that Mera Naam Joker was not talked about much as soon as it was played in cinema halls. But I think Rishi Kapoor played a role wonderfully well in his first movie at the age he was then. What an amazing film. IMO it is probably the best direction by Raj Kapoor. One of the best movies in Bollywood. And Simi Garewal was cool.

36 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Have a different opinion

Amar Akbar Anthony

Sholay

Bobby

Deewar 

Don

Mera Naam Joker

Zanjeer

Namak Haram

these are from 70s not 80s

80s had umrao jaan, ardh satya , jaane bhi do yaaro, parinda, ram teri ganga , mr india, masoom 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03