Tamil Music

vvvslaxman

40 minutes ago, Detonator said:

We lost this Ajith. All we have is siruthai siva version. :((

Ajith started declining after varalaru. Only flashes of brilliance here and there but mostly the same stone faced, mundane acting and more of the action hero type. But he , in turn received a large mass crowd and following because of his action image.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:14 PM, Under_Score said:

Don't know much about recent Tamil Hit songs....This song was a chart buster during my school days...looooong time ago :winky:

i was also school at that time :hmmmm2:

probably this was the time we started moving to private channels from DD , and coincidentally i was young enough to listen to music 

I grew up listening to ARR who was quite catchy with his keyboard sound. I thought Ilayaraja was good but ARR was better. But once I grew up, I began to appreciate the music of Ilayaraja. He used very few (also simple classical) instruments for his songs. For me, Ilayaraja comes first, ARR second. He gained the title of maestro which ARR couldn't get. His music will be "ilaya" and evergreen forever

48 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I grew up listening to ARR who was quite catchy with his keyboard sound. I thought Ilayaraja was good but ARR was better. But once I grew up, I began to appreciate the music of Ilayaraja. He used very few (also simple classical) instruments for his songs. For me, Ilayaraja comes first, ARR second. He gained the title of maestro which ARR couldn't get. His music will be "ilaya" and evergreen forever

Well both are different styles. AR Rahman introduced contemporary as well as fusion music. He also did folk songs as well for his albums. Illayaraja was more classical based. 

And there is some controversy that Illayaraja used to steal songs and compositions from other struggling artists in Kodambakkam, Chennai and use them in his album. 

On 4/28/2019 at 2:17 AM, Real McCoy said:

Ilayaraja is the true composer. His orchestrations were beyond his time It has strong influence of western classical. Also ARR used to take one year to compose for one movie. Ilayaraja for some movies took just 40 minutes to compose all the songs.

Listen to this stunning orchestration in headphone.