WC squad selected, DK n Jaddu selected.....no rayudu, pant

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why do you want him to have different gears. Did Sehwag have any different gears.He has played just handful of odis. I can accept if more talented or players with more upside had been selected. How is DK better than Pant? Didn't he lose his WK role in tests to Pant.

DK's SR is 75, how is DK better than Pant. 

Neither of them were needed at this point. I would have gone with another seamer.

7 hours ago, chewy said:

Big innings from Pant, high SR

India making big mistake.not having him in WC squad

Definitely a better choice than DK/Jadhav. I have said it before purely on potential he should have been part of the team as it is clear the team lacks explosiveness

11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Definitely a better choice than DK/Jadhav. I have said it before purely on potential he should have been part of the team as it is clear the team lacks explosiveness

Only two guys he can replace is Jadhav and DK.  Jadhav with his side spin will keep his spot despite being a woeful fielder. KKD will keep his spot for his nidhas trophy exploits. He couldn't even convert starts against Hongkong, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Got out in 30s even against them. Only reason you can keep KKD over Pant is because of his fielding ability. Otherwise he is no less unreliable than Pant. Infact Pant is slightly more reliable than KKD.  Having said that i very much doubt KKD will even play even one innings unless Dhoni is rested against lesser teams.

55 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only two guys he can replace is Jadhav and DK.  Jadhav with his side spin will keep his spot despite being a woeful fielder. KKD will keep his spot for his nidhas trophy exploits. He couldn't even convert starts against Hongkong, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Got out in 30s even against them. Only reason you can keep KKD over Pant is because of his fielding ability. Otherwise he is no less unreliable than Pant. Infact Pant is slightly more reliable than KKD.  Having said that i very much doubt KKD will even play even one innings unless Dhoni is rested against lesser teams.

As I said Pant has also done nothing to excite in LOIs so far but these are the kinds of punt you take for a big event but obviously can't expect that from a inept captain like Virat who dotes on experience

20 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

As I said Pant has also done nothing to excite in LOIs so far but these are the kinds of punt you take for a big event but obviously can't expect that from a inept captain like Virat who dotes on experience

He has a disorganized thought process. He doesn't show the same patience with batsmen which he shows with bowlers. You could see right there with RCB.  Dubey just 3 outings dropped. Hetmyer  3 outings dropped. Almost all Indian players except Dhawan and Rohit had to go through this merry go round madness of  Kohli. He was right there with  all the selectors in the room. He could have put his foot down and said "This is what i want". Althought mSK prasad is the face of the selection committee it is actually Kohli that has the full authority to select his squad.