All jokes, and fan banter aside..

I6MTW

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

OP is a big CSK fan. This thread wouldn't exist had CSK won the finals. He has gripe about MI winning every alternate years to prove matches being fixed but has no gripe about CSK reaching playoffs every year even with crap teams. :cantstop:

I agree with him. IPL is fixed to somehow make CSK which has a large fanbase to reach the finals.Considering they choke a lot in finals I wonder how they manage to reach the finals with even a crap team.

Difference is, I agree CSK fixes matches, they have a large canvas, and when Don Srini was at the helm, he ensured that CSK would get thru. Difference is, only CSK and RR has got caught, what about the other teams? You and I both know that, every team has engaged in some form of fixing/cheating, forget the conspiracy theory that IPL is like the WWE,  if it may seem far fetched. But, other teams including MI have indulged in fixing, and it had become obvious from MI's side, there are numerous examples. The fans should just admit everything is not what it seems in this league, and should stop watching IPL all together, it will only create more revenue and ratings for the BCCI and IPL committee.

13 hours ago, I6MTW said:

BUMP

I hope my thread makes more sense now.

Every year IPL gets more and more suspicious.

The wide not called in the last over of the KXIP innings was suspect. They zoomed in on several MI players and everyone had a cheeky smile. Rohit, Boult, de Kock and one other player I couldnt recollect reacted like that. Usually those leg stump wides are called much to the chagrin of the bowler. This led to the double super over. Jordan's run out and de kock's run out could be runs if they runned like its no tomorrow. Also Jaddu bowlign the super over to two left handed indian batsmen. The no ball not called in CSK v SRH where Reiffel almost turned around but Dhoni stopping him. Weird. I don't like to go in this direction but certain things are shady. I'm not calling everything is fixed and everyone plays a part in this for example Bumrah and Shami bowled beautifully in the superovers and Rahul's run out of de kock was exceptional

It is impossible to fix a whole game like T20. This would require calculations and instructions after every over, after every wicket and to all players.  Do you think Pollard can hit 4 sixes in a row at will? Or Bumrah/ Shami were just pretending to bowl yorkers? This is laughable and Alien abduction level conspiracy theory.. Sure you can have certain players spot fix, but when a place in national team is on line, there is no way a Rohit or Pant or Rahul or an upcoming player will throw a match. Not even for crores of rupees. 

1 hour ago, kruiser said:

It is impossible to fix a whole game like T20. This would require calculations and instructions after every over, after every wicket and to all players.  Do you think Pollard can hit 4 sixes in a row at will? Or Bumrah/ Shami were just pretending to bowl yorkers? This is laughable and Alien abduction level conspiracy theory.. Sure you can have certain players spot fix, but when a place in national team is on line, there is no way a Rohit or Pant or Rahul or an upcoming player will throw a match. Not even for crores of rupees. 

This is exactly what script writers and bookies want everyone to believe.  We're not stupid enough to believe this tripe.

23 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

The wide not called in the last over of the KXIP innings was suspect. They zoomed in on several MI players and everyone had a cheeky smile. Rohit, Boult, de Kock and one other player I couldnt recollect reacted like that. Usually those leg stump wides are called much to the chagrin of the bowler. This led to the double super over. Jordan's run out and de kock's run out could be runs if they runned like its no tomorrow. Also Jaddu bowlign the super over to two left handed indian batsmen. The no ball not called in CSK v SRH where Reiffel almost turned around but Dhoni stopping him. Weird. I don't like to go in this direction but certain things are shady. I'm not calling everything is fixed and everyone plays a part in this for example Bumrah and Shami bowled beautifully in the superovers and Rahul's run out of de kock was exceptional

I thought it was very bad running on the part of QDK. He started the first run very late. Huge 'brainfade' when you need two and its obvious that the ball isn't making it to the boundary.

Nobody’s saying the whole game gets fixed. It’s impossible. Mind you I’m not saying it’s to do with Bookies... The Organisers conveys “what’s expected” to the individual team managements for each match, through proper channel. 

The key players in the team do know “what is expected”. An unwritten code is to always keep things tight. Gone are the days of outright win or thrashing... Gone are the days of under 100 all out scores.

Both the teams key players adjust time to time to guide the match towards a tight finish...

The match is like a space shuttle which is “kept on course or orbit” by small, measured jets of propulsion from various sides... 

There are many jets like this work: Examples are:

1) Rohit getting out at different times and the way he gets out.

2) Hard hand drop catches and midfields.

3) Players selections but not getting to bowl or bat.

4) Not taking DRS.

5) Umpires giving shocking verdicts.

6) Win toss and elect chasing and then “struggling” to chase after a “slow” start. Keep losing wickets playing rash shots when it’s not even required.

7) Deliberate run out by going for an impossible run or in Jordan’s case, Turn in a circle instead of running straight. There are umpteen ways of getting run out. At the most you’ll be termed stupid, panicked or inexperienced.

8) Missing to hit or score runs by swishing in air...

9) Bad acting to appear dejected or angry while continue to deliberately lose.

10) Stretch the match atleast beyond last Advert break if there’s a chance if finishing early...

Many more...

Nothing is illegal here as all sanctioned by the organiser themselves to keep the matches “competitive and interesting”...

Edited by asterix

57 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

What specific instances of play from the KxiP vs MI game, in your estimate, are dubious in nature?

1) Wide not given in the 2nd innings when Punjab were chasing. Even if the wide was touch and go,  the MI players were laughing and smiling sheepishly. 

2) Chris Jordan suspiciously running around, instead of running straight. 

3) Both Rohit and De Kock instead of playing sensibly when only 5 runs were required in the super over, randomly starts to struggle against Shami who suddenly bowls like Bumrah, even if the bowling was good, Rohit playing the sweep shot when only 3 runs off 3 balls were required was suspicious.

4) Running between the wickets when 2 off 1 was required in the super over, they were running slowly for the first run, only to pick up pace for the second, which is why the run out of de Kock looks forced. 

58 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I thought it was very bad running on the part of QDK. He started the first run very late. Huge 'brainfade' when you need two and its obvious that the ball isn't making it to the boundary.

I know but if he was playing for south africa, I don't think he would be so hesitant in running hard. I'm not saying he is a fixer but elements of that game looked shady. Also Archer's fielding and catching in yesterday's game was suspicious. He let a boundary slip through his hands and didnt even look back as he could have made a second try to stop it. Probably to put Dhoni up in giving him an extra boundary as he was struggling to get going. The catch drop could be strategic as it was of Jadhav :laugh:

4 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

1) Wide not given in the 2nd innings when Punjab were chasing. Even if the wide was touch and go,  the MI players were laughing and smiling sheepishly. 

2) Chris Jordan suspiciously running around, instead of running straight. 

3) Both Rohit and De Kock instead of playing sensibly when only 5 runs were required in the super over, randomly starts to struggle against Shami who suddenly bowls like Bumrah, even if the bowling was good, Rohit playing the sweep shot when only 3 runs off 3 balls were required was suspicious.

4) Running between the wickets when 2 off 1 was required in the super over, they were running slowly for the first run, only to pick up pace for the second, which is why the run out of de Kock looks forced. 

This. I'm glad I'm not the only one who spotted this. Game could have been over there without the double super over

@I6MTW @Real McCoy

I get what you guys are saying. For a moment, consider the save that Mayank pulled off Pollard's batting. That would have been a 6 and then the outcome could have been different. If Mayank acted against the script ( and I use this word loosely) its only logical that he will face some repercussions. Lets see if that happens. If he is dropped. Or has a fallout with the management etc.

I find it very difficult to believe that a save of that nature can be pre-decided.

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@I6MTW @Real McCoy

I get what you guys are saying. For a moment, consider the save that Mayank pulled off Pollard's batting. That would have been a 6 and then the outcome could have been different. If Mayank acted against the script ( and I use this word loosely) its only logical that he will face some repercussions. Lets see if that happens. If he is dropped. Or has a fallout with the management etc.

I find it very difficult to believe that a save of that nature can be pre-decided.

Individual brilliance’s are part of it. Many times it doesn’t works. The script was not to let MI win that match. That match was for KXIP to win...

KXIP could’ve won easily with needing the Super Over. Go through the last few overs of their innings to see how the “space shuttle guidance” works...The remit was to have a super over. 
The second super over requirement came when KXIP failed to score much and only 6 runs was the target for MI...

27 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@I6MTW @Real McCoy

It need not be. Lets say that ball was a six. KXIP innings lasted only 4 balls. Boult could bowl another "missed yorker" that is a full toss in the end and could disappear for another sixer or two consecutive boundaries. Remember Boult bowled a garbage first ball to universe boss. Even if MI wins in the end, it is still good enough for IPL viewership ratings and more ads in between. Even when I'm not watching IPL, I could hear "ulllalalalaleyo kya baat hai" ringing in my ears :mad: . Nothing can be completely scripted as @asterix says if there is actually a script.