Hindus are forced to leave village in West Bengal

sergio04

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i dnt comment on 100s of post here........kuch zabardasti hai

I dnt feel like

now ull tell me what to comment n what to feel......chaudhary mat ban 

Kal ko tu mujeh ye batayega ki mujhe khaana kya aur pehn na kya hai 

now ull suppose i wud be feeling happy that hindus are forced to leave.....to kar na suppose....aur bhi kar.....after all im inhuman . Tum aur kar kya sakte khudh ki soch nhin chale dusre ko batane......this why their needs to be change in govt....coz sabko adaat pad gayi hai certificate bantne ki ......when i didnt comment on many post on cricket forum....u never tagged n asked me......

Meri marzi men jaha marzi marzi comment kru.....dnt tell me what to post where.... 

Bro...you are free to comment where ever you want. I am just highlighting the hypocrisy. You are going all bonkers on Modi's thread regarding clouds and emails but keeping a pedestrian silence and 10 feet distance on threads where hindus are targeted. I thought secularism is all about equality, no? Tell us how differently we should perceive things?

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Bro...you are free to comment where ever you want. I am just highlighting the hypocrisy. You are going all bonkers on Modi's thread regarding clouds and emails but keeping a pedestrian silence and 10 feet distance on threads where hindus are targeted. I thought secularism is all about equality, no? Tell us how differently we should perceive things?

When m free to my comment its my choice

Hypocricy is something else, 1st be sure of what i think then call me that........are u sure what i think ????

Modi is not a religion . Is he ?? so how are u comparing modi n hindu??? Calll me one when i make fun of him n justify rahul stupidity coz they are in competition

Samjha hypcoricy ka matalab ???

Equality - so u think i feel happy of them thrown out of their homes....If ur sure then also call me inhuman  not hypocrite 

I repeat i dnt comment on 100s thread .......n i wnt in future but that doesnt give u liberity to decide to make calls for me ...if u wanna then stop saying ur free coz thats hypocrisy - talking of freedom...at the same time forcing me 

1 hour ago, sergio04 said:

haa haaa :hysterical::hysterical:

but ur masters are out on bail

Haha.. Uske pass Modi ke upar special thread kholne ka time hai lekin aise incidents to criticise karne ka time nahi hai. Pakka aaptard hai ye Ankit. Ignore him. He is clearly frustrated and is suffering from Bhakt Phobia 

1 minute ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Haha.. Uske pass Modi ke upar special thread kholne ka time hai lekin aise incidents to criticise karne ka time nahi hai. Pakka aaptard hai ye Ankit. Ignore him. He is clearly frustrated and is suffering from Bhakt Phobia 

bhaai maja aata hai mujhe :aha:

5 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Never trust them.

Another myth that Hindus and Sikhs propagate is that Bangladeshis are not as bad as Pakistanis.

They are just as bad, if not worse.

Whilst the number of minorities post partition has remained relatively stable in Pakistan, the number of Hindus has decreased drastically in Bangladesh.

Drastically reduced ? In 1947, Bangladesh had 12% Hindu population, now its 9%. In 1947, West Pakistan had 8% non-muslim population, now its 1%. 
The fact that Bengalis are less communal than Punjabis is also borne out in the partition death toll - Bengal, despite being a more populous province than Punjab, saw less people movement and far less deaths due to it. So how are they worse, exactly ??

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

When m free to my comment its my choice

Hypocricy is something else, 1st be sure of what i think then call me that........are u sure what i think ????

You are right, its not hypocrisy. Its bias. When you comment 100x on one side of the spectrum and 0x on the other, it isn't hypocrisy, its bias. 

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Drastically reduced ? In 1947, Bangladesh had 12% Hindu population, now its 9%. In 1947, West Pakistan had 8% non-muslim population, now its 1%. 
The fact that Bengalis are less communal than Punjabis is also borne out in the partition death toll - Bengal, despite being a more populous province than Punjab, saw less people movement and far less deaths due to it. So how are they worse, exactly ??

IMG_20190515_012120.jpg

According to various sources,  the Hindu population in Bangaldesh after the partition was around the 25% mark and was later reduced to half of the earlier percentage due to mass migration to India during the 1971 War period.  

Edited by rageaddict

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You are right, its not hypocrisy. Its bias. When you comment 100x on one side of the spectrum and 0x on the other, it isn't hypocrisy, its bias. 

since u hve decided ull say things from my side....go ahead say anything 

do let me knw what to wear tomm....im a lil confused 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

since u hve decided ull say things from my side....go ahead say anything 

do let me knw what to wear tomm....im a lil confused 

I am not saying anything from your side. I am simply pointing out that if you will lambast hindus for the time they victimize muslims (which you have) but not utter a word when muslims do the same, it makes you biassed. 

Just now, Muloghonto said:

I am not saying anything from your side. I am simply pointing out that if you will lambast hindus for the time they victimize muslims (which you have) but not utter a word when muslims do the same, it makes you biassed. 

kindly ref the post ur talking about 

50 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Mulo the whole killing started in Bengal. Bengal was the epicenter of all communal violence. Direct action day killed over 2000 people in Bengal. It was called Great Calcutta killings. I remember seeing the pics of vultures eating the dead. That was gruesome. This event paved the way for partition. So it correct to say partition was born out of happenings in bengal. 

Edited by gattaca

23 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Mulo the whole killing started in Bengal. Bengal was the epicenter of all communal violence. Direct action day killed over 2000 people in Bengal. It was called Great Calcutta killings. I remember seeing the pics of vultures eating the dead. That was gruesome. This event paved the way for partition. So it correct to say partition was born out of happenings in bengal. 

Yes, because Bengal was the epicenter of the independence movement in the first place. The total number of revolutionary Bengalis is almost equal to the total number of revolutionaries in rest of India put together. This isn't an empty claim, but borne out by sedition imprisonments in Kalapani itself - the list of Bengali dissidents is overwhelming. 

Its also the bengali muslims why Pakistan exists in the first place - they were the main driving force for Pakistan, not the Punjabi muslims. The Muslim League memberships also bear out this fact. 

Having said that, it is also objective fact that once partition was set, the violence in the western front was orders of magnitude greater than in the eastern front. 

7 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Never trust them.

Another myth that Hindus and Sikhs propagate is that Bangladeshis are not as bad as Pakistanis.

Whilst the number of minorities post partition has remained relatively stable in Pakistan, the number of Hindus has decreased drastically in Bangladesh.

Pakistan would not exist if not for the activism of the Muslim Bengalis.  

17 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

I was born and attained adulthood in a WB subdivision with 75% peaceful population. Have first experience of their double speak and hypocrisy.

During my teenage years (mid 90s) I used to have a close friend from peaceful community. Even by that time any Hindu Muslim thought never crossed my mind.

This friend of mine used to even come my home at times. We used to watch TV,  movies together and he used to freely talk to my sisters as well. I never felt any discomfort and we were all like group of friends.

One fine day there was something we had to pick  up from his home. I offered to accompany him to pick up the stuff. He flatly refused saying he has sisters at home and  his dad will get mad if he brings over any of his friends and more so guy from other 'mazhab'. That's my brush with Islamic hypocrisy.

After this I started observing his behavior closely. When ever we used to have boys talk about Hindu girls, he would have all ears and opinions and similar talk for Muslim girls would make him uncomfortable and he would try to change the topic. Since then I observed same behavior in all Muslim boys. Slowly I cut them off from my life altogether. 

Bottom line it's difficult to coexist beyond a point.

Edited by speed_thrills

9 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Actually mulo, I think you got the numbers wrong. Post 47 partition Hindus were roughly a quarter of the population in East Pak and now they are <10%. 1971 took a heavy toll but even after accounting for that, the population is declining pretty alarmingly. Post 71, the years under military rule and BNP reign of terror were brutal for all minorities.

From a Dhaka University prof/researcher/author:

‘No Hindus will be left after 30 years’

I will add some food for thought. While partition era violence focuses a lot on Punjab, there was a different dynamic at play in the eastern border.

1. Punjab saw almost complete population transfer in a very short time. In contrast, the Bengal border was far more porous and migration continued till many years post 47, it can be argued that it is still an unfinished business. You are aware of the enclaves in Bangladesh right, only in 2015 Modi and Hasina came to an agreement, our constitution was amended to exchange the enclave territories. Earlier we had these kind of arrangements, many more like the one below.

Image result for india bangladesh enclavesNow Punjab side didn't have this level of craziness. In eastern front it wasn't uncommon to have a family living in Bangladesh side but work/school being inside mainland India. Just to highlight how much more easier migration has been here, unlike Punjab which saw unimaginable level of violence for a couple of months and then borders sealed permanently. Hence violence in East Bengal was less but spread over many years. 

2.  Violence in Punjab was highly organized and carried out with surgical precision. Because of British recruitment policies majority of our military was in NW India, both sides of the border. Some 35% of British Indian army went to Pak, probably explains why military always had a big role to play in their politics, the staggering numbers in a new country having population <1/6th of India...I mean military domination was a logical outcome there. In Bengal the minority political class both sides of the border discouraged migration, sold utopian dreams about living in harmony with the other community. This is especially true when you consider how many Bengali Hindus esp low castes joined the Muslim League, for instance Jogendra Nath Mandal who foolishly believed Jinnah's promises. In the succeeding years they were proved wrong and either perished or fled to India having lost everything. So not much of an army in Bengal and politicians too decided to discourage migration...OTOH in Punjab the military personnel actively participated in the violence and hence the swift exchange of population. 

3. Presence of a third player, the Sikhs further complicated the process. Another community over-represented in the military and an additional jigsaw piece in the puzzle. Also many princely states in NW/W side who encouraged violence to safeguard their interests.

4. Rehab by Nehru and friends was near absent in Bengal. The refugees that came had to self rehabilitate, they weren't provided Muslim evacuee properties. So another dampener for prospective migrants, not nearly as much incentive to make the tough journey and start from scratch. 

I won't comment on your opinion about difference in communalism between the Bongs and Punjabis. But there are multiple factors we need to consider while analyzing the difference in partition death toll. 

Edited by Gollum

16 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

This friend of mine used to even come my home at times. We used to watch TV,  movies together and he used to freely talk to my sisters as well. I never felt any discomfort and we were all like group of friends.

One fine day there was something we had to pick  up from his home. I offered to accompany him to pick up the stuff. He flatly refused saying he has sisters at home and  his dad will get mad if he brings over any of his friends and more so guy from other 'mazhab'. That's my brush with Islamic hypocrisy.

LOL I had the same experience.

Edited by Gollum

14 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Never trust them.

I think Bangladeshis are better than Pakistanis, our Bengali Muslims too far better. Seen them participate in Vishwakarma/Durga/Kali Puja, exchange greetings, share food, intermarry sans conversion etc...try that in Pakistan and you're a dead person. Some Bangladeshi Muslims know how to co-exist, that's an alien concept in Pak...read about the Bangladesh atheist movement, secular bloggers, Shahbag protests etc. Bengali Muslim society is changing for the worse in this respect but there will always be a minority sane population there. Secularism is one of the main pillars of their constitution and their SC backed it. In Pakistan an attempt to insert 'secular' anywhere in their constitution will result in civil war, guarantee. 

Bihari Muslims (Urdu speakers) in both Bengals however, different matter....they are like Pakistanis. They even collaborated with Pak army in 71 to kill their Bengali co-religionist neighbors, almost all Bengalis are very suspicious of this minority community...they are treated badly in Bangladesh even today, probably worse than Hindus for what they did in 71. 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, gattaca said:

Muslim League was founded by the Dacca Nawab Khwaja Salimullah in Dacca. Majority of their cadre were Bengali Muslims, Direct Action Day and Noakhali both took place in Bengal province. Good luck telling a Pakistani all this.