How much is height the defining factor for Windies win over NZ?

sage

49 minutes ago, New guy said:

Indian average height has already increased from 5 feet 4 to 5 feet 8 in just last decade because of better nutrition 

All these average studies in India are laughable one needs to see the sample size. If one walks out in bangalore mg Road or chennai ranganathan Street and gauges average height that would be a better measure. If they grade sample it and go find some interior village in rural mp and extrapolate it to whole of India ofcourse height will be 5' 6.. 

5 hours ago, New guy said:

Average height of a current Indian (2020 study) is between 5 feet 7 to 5 feet 8. India has 1.2 billion people and not all are from Punjab 

I agree but I have seen so many tall kids from most states tbh. Telugu people are tall. plenty of tall Kannada people., Tamils. Go to some of the schools and you will see heaps of tall kids. Not just 5'9. 6 foot plus is quite normal. 

West still lives in a delusional world.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yep Punjabis & paharis around himachal & J&K are pretty tall.  I guess people in Southern India have good height as well.  Maybe the general perception is regarding UP Bihar..  That most of them are short compared to rest of the country.  I mean general assumption in the country 

That's true. Most Central Indians seem a bit on the shorter side for some reason. South and North are tall. 

Not sure about east but from what I have seen most part of eastern India are on the shorter side which skews India's average. 

Just look at the kids playing IPL these days. Fast bowlers. Hell spinners like washy, Ashwin etc. Prsidh, avesh, porel etc all 6'3. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

That's true. Most Central Indians seem a bit on the shorter side for some reason. South and North are tall. 

Not sure about east but from what I have seen most part of eastern India are on the shorter side which skews India's average. 

Just look at the kids playing IPL these days. Fast bowlers. Hell spinners like washy, Ashwin etc. Prsidh, avesh, porel etc all 6'3. 

I hope we can see a few players breach the 6'5 and 6'6 barrier. I think after 6'2-6'3 every few inches can make a big diff in terms of bounce, etc.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Well atheletes who play international sports will always be much taller than the average of their country 

Edited by New guy

Very good thread OP. Both the 70s/80s WI team and the Australian team from the 90s/00s had the highest average height in the world. This led to them having amazing depth in fast bowling department and incredible slip cordons. 

That is why we should target talent from U13 onwards and provide them with Horlicks Growth+. Horlicks Growth+ is clinically proven to give balanced (healthy) catch up on growth that is significant improvement in height & weight without an increase in BMI post 6 months, suggesting growth without an “obesogenic” effect.