CWC Match 8 | South Africa vs India | Southampton | June 5, 2019 | Match thread

SA are a tough bunch. We will bear the brunt of their frustration and we have to be prepared for that. I don't see any strategy from the TM with a coach like whiskey breath and kaptaan Kohli. Hope our bowling clicks Bumrah, Shami, Kulcha and our batting doesnt suck as usual

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

According to accuweather rain is forecast at around 2 pm on Jun 5 at Southampton. That would be during the fag end of the first innings. Chances of rain gradually decreases after that. It will be cloudy though.

The toss will be a tricky call. The mid match rain may render our spinners less effective in the second innings. Also cloud cover predicted is extremely high throughout the match with temperatures hovering around 17-18 degrees. I just get the feeling that Kohli might play all three seamers and Pandya in this match.

Beautiful:no:. If spin is rendered ineffective there goes the chances of winning as well. Kul/cha took nearly 30 wickets in the last tour in SA.

Pandya has to play every match. We don't have that luxury of leaving him out.

26 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Beautiful:no:. If spin is rendered ineffective there goes the chances of winning as well. Kul/cha took nearly 30 wickets in the last tour in SA.

Pandya has to play every match. We don't have that luxury of leaving him out.

Well it may not be totally ineffective against players like Markram, Morris or even Miller if he plays. My point is the weather situation may make the choice of bat/bowl first very tricky for India. SA will surely bat first if they win the toss after two losses while chasing.

7 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Rain predicted for whole next week. We'll be lucky to get 50 overs in all those matches as a whole

As we know in England, the forecast is unreliable for 24 hours ahead let alone 7 days. What you'll find at this time of year is that rain won't last too long. Chances of shortened matches, yes. Washouts will be few and far between. 

I want Amla to play so we can bounce his ganja sar again. Another reason is to stick a finger up at the phoren commies. Because when Archer is bowling 87 mph, the commies are screaming very fast delivery 87 mph, I want them to see our power and have no choice but to comment positively. Bumrah and Shami are equally quick and I  want this thinking eradicated "phoren pacer, phaaast, indian medium or fm. 

We'll select Jaddu at 8 I am confident or at least BK. Some on ICF want to see Kuldeep or even Chahal at 8 which is laughable. Literally everyone has a long tail and if our number 8 can't hold a bat we may as well declare after 6 wickets fall. Already our number 10 and 11 are bad.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo