CWC Match 8 | South Africa vs India | Southampton | June 5, 2019 | Match thread

55 minutes ago, maniac said:

most of us expect us to be a dominant side like WI and Aus of yesteryears with the talent pool and other resources available. The negativity is more to with being underwhelmed than being disappointed and dejected   

Partly true, some of the tactics by Brat are more infuriating though. Over the past few years it feels like we aren't putting the best squads at our disposal, especially in LO with oldie keeping his place without merit. It also happens in tests but over there more people are at fault, especially other batters.

Edited by R!TTER
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Some people wanted to Rahul to open the innings.

What about kohli 2 wc and ct still waiting for a notable inning. Btw your atg player and best poner Latham demolished by BD fuddy bowler. Let kohli make some contribution in this wc before criticizing others.

Edited by bahubali
26 minutes ago, bahubali said:

What about kohli 2 wc and ct still waiting for a notable inning. Btw your atg player and best poner Latham demolished by BD fuddy bowler. Let kohli make some contribution in this wc before criticizing others.

Man you get twisted very easily.It is one match Kohli will show up.What has got Rahul opening with Kohli failing.I always maintained India is all about top 3.So don't get all worked up.Latham will also do well btw.

On vacation and had no access to the videos, only scores...and brief glances at ICF...this is a typical match template of these Indian team..we should not panick in any way. Crucial matches for us are now WI,BAN,PAK purely because of psychological reasons. Particularly after pak win vs eng. I still have faith on Dhawan.he forms good partnerships with both rohit and virat...and you cannot drop the only lefty in side. I dare say bumrah should be rested according as situation. He has become lionel messi/Cristiano Ronaldo level for us..without him, we are a second tier team. This is also kohli's biggest world cup,his chance to shine bright. I bet he would come good on a crucial day,win or lose cannot predict. All in all, an exciting world cup where anything can happen. Also, my calculation says even 5 wins may not be enough, but I may be wrong.

Let's be positive guys and destroy the Aussies!!

following patterns why pakistan are dangerous

-- Part of 1992 WC which Pakistan won overlapped with Ramzan. Current world cup is also overlapping with Ramzan

-- Pak was also thrashed by windies in their first match in 1992 by 10 wkts

-- Pak biggest ever win over India came in CT final came right in the middle of Ramzan. Ramzan was on June 24, 2017, CT Final was June 18

-- the spirit of imran khan 92 winner is hovering over pakistan in the form of prime minister

-- 1992 wc which pak won was also round robin format. after that this is the first time in 2019 that its round robin

so THEREFORE as per pattern, as u can see, it is  DESTINY for Pakistan to win this world cup

7 hours ago, putrevus said:

Man you get twisted very easily.It is one match Kohli will show up.What has got Rahul opening with Kohli failing.I always maintained India is all about top 3.So don't get all worked up.Latham will also do well btw.

But Rahul and pandya won't. As everytime you jumped up if they fail. Kohli is already playing his 3rd wc and other than little contribution in wc 11 final and century against pak in 15 wc he has nothing to show off.And any team can't win if their top 3 fail. Have you seen english failing against pak inspite of root and butter century as their top order failed and they never catch up with required run rate.

Good solid win in the end, way to get the rust out of the system on a wicket that wasn't the easiest for batting.

Sunday night (Melbourne time) will be massive*.

* Said in cheerleader Shastri voice.

Edited by Chalks