World Cup 2019: Saffron Team India jersey in England

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Yaar come on man. You don’t get that this can’t work in LOi Cricket? 

We play loi cricket with white ball yaar, how many times its mentioned. You can’t play with white ball and wear white clothing. Can’t habe same colors as its hard to sight the ball. 

OK make it predominantly white. A team should not have two colors.

From ICC's official 'Clothing & Equipment Regulations' ...

CONTRASTING COLOURED KIT FOR HOME AND AWAY MATCHES

1) For teams participating in a televised bi-lateral ODI or T20I, it is necessary to be able to distinguish between the teams on the field of play. Teams are therefore required to wear contrasting coloured kit.

2) To be determined in advance of a series,the home team has preference in the choice of colour. The participating teams should agree in the respective MOU the colour of the kit the visiting team will wear if there is a clash of colour.

3) For televised ICC events all participating teams will be required to provide for two different coloured kits, except for the host country who has preference in the choice of colour and may, if it chooses to do so, provide only one coloured kit to be worn in all matches throughout the event. In advance of the event the teams will be notified which coloured kit will be worn in each match.

Edited by philcric
13 hours ago, Khota said:

OK make it predominantly white. A team should not have two colors.

Why not? What is the harm in having two colours?How does it effect the game or viewership?

How can a jersey be predominantly white when the game is played with a white ball?Wont the ball  'get lost 'in the bowlers predominantly white jersey?

Beside white will be second jersey so why can't it be a different color ?

Kuch bhi ?...for the sake of arguing .:wall:

Edited by beetle

Also from ICC's official 'Clothing & Equipment Regulations' for LOIs ...

"The playing kits shall be coloured other than white, cream or any light colour which is likely to make the sighting of a white ball difficult, the decision of the ICC Senior Cricket Operations Manager being final."

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Why not? What is the harm in having two colours?How does it effect the game or viewership?

How can a jersey be predominantly white when the game is played with a white ball?Wont the ball  'get lost 'in the bowlers predominantly white jersey?

You seem to be impressed by grand 'out of the box' ideas and lateral thinking.

I recommend you to check out a few hall of fame ICF threads like 'All Rounders do not exist'. Mind will be blown  :giggle:

Edited by philcric
36 minutes ago, philcric said:

You seem to be impressed by grand 'out of the box' ideas and lateral thinking.

I recommend you to check out a few hall of fame ICF threads like 'All Rounders do not exist'. Mind will be blown  :giggle:

WC is on and we will see what your golden boy Pandya does in bowling.

4 hours ago, beetle said:

Teams always have one color.

39 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

My Pakistani team mate gifted me Indian world cup replicas. He has his own jerseys design and manufacturing company and gifted me these. He also created a orange one for me when he heard India will also wear orange. He did a decent job must say

CA93D0BF-82CA-4402-A46A-B11DDB9FC2E5.jpegA81AAB7A-5ADC-44F8-9548-3290BE7D4E85.jpeg

You have Pakistani team mates and nobody hates you here for that:hysterical:

What do you play? The 40 over leagues or 20 20 ?

we played Ind Pak games in Seattle  and Toronto with tennis ball. I played with Afghans in the 40 over league. 

11 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

You have Pakistani team mates and nobody hates you here for that:hysterical:

What do you play? The 40 over leagues or 20 20 ?

we played Ind Pak games in Seattle  and Toronto with tennis ball. I played with Afghans in the 40 over league. 

I play 40 overs. and t20 both.

Regarding hating. If you be original and not fake, no one is going to hate you here whether you have Pakistani friends or whoever. Every Indian living overseas if he plays cricket or works somewhere, will have or know some Pakistanis by default. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I play 40 overs. and t20 both.

Regarding hating. If you be original and not fake, no one is going to hate you here whether you have Pakistani friends or whoever. Every Indian living overseas if he plays cricket or works somewhere, will have or know some Pakistanis by default. 

Nice. I know that. Have met them while playing.

I never got to play t20 but played some games at 40 over leagues in Arizona.

Got to meet any cricketers?

ACA used to call a lot of Caribbean cricketers. I met Joel Garner, Kallicharan, R Powell

7 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Nice. I know that. Have met them while playing.

I never got to play t20 but played some games at 40 over leagues in Arizona.

Got to meet any cricketers?

ACA used to call a lot of Caribbean cricketers. I met Joel Garner, Kallicharan, R Powell

I play with West Indian current players as they come here to play in their off-season. All these current players, including Bravo etc come and play in USA all the time.

Steve Buckner umpired our games too. 

Ranji trophy players including the highest scores last year in Ranji in plate league - Milind Kumar also played here last year. Former IPL player Sunny Sohal too plays here. Lot of top Pakistnai domestic players come here too. Its pretty competitive here. 

Rusty Theron from South Africa plays here regularly. Siddharth Kaul also came last year and Rishi Dhawan too. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I play with West Indian current players as they come here to play in their off-season. All these current players, including Bravo etc come and play in USA all the time.

Ranji trophy players including the highest scores last year in Ranji in plate league - Milind Kumar also played here last year. Former IPL player Sunny Sohal too plays here. Lot of top Pakistnai domestic players come here too. Its pretty competitive here. 

Rusty Theron from South Africa plays here regularly. 

Awesome man. Good luck. 

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Rusty Theron from South Africa plays here regularly. Siddharth Kaul also came last year and Rishi Dhawan too. 

My question regarding USA cricket, What happened to homegrown USA cricketers like Fahad Babar, Ghous, Hammad Shahid? Do they still play or they have stopped?

5 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

My question regarding USA cricket, What happened to homegrown USA cricketers like Fahad Babar, Ghous, Hammad Shahid? Do they still play or they have stopped?

They play. Shahid got injured many times and has been replaced by Jasdeep Singh of Ny who is bowling well consistently. Shahid is still a pretty good bowler and hopefully will play again. I liked Fahad Babar, he was brilliant in Dubai in one of the Qualier tournaments few years ago. I think he has been unlucky a bit, but then USA coach found Jaskaran Malhotra, a hitter who is also a wicket keeper, so that has kept Babar out and also few other wicket keepers. I think Babar will eventually land back into the team sooner or later. He is a pretty good bat. 

USA found brilliant players in Aaron Jones and Haydon Walsh who played big part in helping USA gain ODI status just now where regular teams like Canada and all failed.