ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 - India v Pakistan, Emirates Old Trafford,Manchester, June 16, 2019

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

What was the ticket cost. I heard from some friends that it goes upto $1000 or something like that. I can't imagine people pay that much for a cricket game. Either they must be rich or insane. Do the Indian games cost more. How much does an England game against anyone except India cost like. Hotel prices and airline tickets must be through the roof.

And more importantly how did the Lancashire cricket ground treat a Yorshireman like you. Did you smell the roses :winky:

The tickets went upto £1000 in second hand sales sites like Viagogo. Original ticket prices started from 50 or 60, but apparently 500,000 (5 lakhs) people participated in the ballots for the 25,000 tickets. So you can imagine the demand and hence the rise of second hand ticket prices.

18 hours ago, YCCC said:

Disappointing game but my word WHAT an atmosphere. Good thing I went for the experience more than the game. Still got imaginary horns blasting in my brain!

Got an orange white and green turban to bring out at parties :--D

Saw an old Englishman dozing off with the radio commentary plugged into the ears amidst all the buzz.  Figured it might be the resident ICF user  YCCC :-D 

Rohit Sharma probably played the greatest knock in an India Pakistan game.  Even brought the sixer off point ala Tendulkar from 2003. A lot of heroes in the game, Rahul did well to see off the new ball and Kohli did what Kohli does and in the field the Kuldeep was the real star supported by Pandya/VJ.  Demolishing win for India in the end but they took it too easy after the rain break and gave away some free runs.

44 minutes ago, vice said:

Saw an old Englishman dozing off with the radio commentary plugged into the ears amidst all the buzz.  Figured it might be the resident ICF user  YCCC :-D 

Firstly I'm not old. Yes I do have a radio. Never dozed off at any cricket match.

I had my India flag coloured turban on anyway to look the part 

Edited by YCCC