Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of the World Cup

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

TM should proactive and get in Pant. Pandya and Vijay Shankar can finish 5th bowler quota. Middle order will be green but Virat should take the punt 

how to get in pant ??? Cant drop anyone unless they perform badly unless they really feel the need to have a leftie and changes only happens when team is loosing which isnt the case

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how to get in pant ??? Cant drop anyone unless they perform badly unless they really feel the need to have a leftie and changes only happens when team is loosing which isnt the case

that's why I said the captain has to be proactive and take a decision. Anyways it seems the captain has no faith in Jadhav's bowling or batting

Just now, SK_IH said:

that's why I said the captain has to be proactive and take a decision. Anyways it seems the captain has no faith in Jadhav's bowling or batting

actually not been needed till now which is good

To be honest even in the given chances pant didnt do much to force captain to take him . 

1 minute ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Pant in place of Kedar will be good

Kedar bowls n has improved his fielding as we saw in Aus game . Pant cant bowl or field that good and neither did he perform much which is why karthik got ahead 

For kedhar to be dropped he 1st needs to perform badly 

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

To be honest even in the given chances pant didnt do much to force captain to take him . 

I agree Pant has not done anything of note so far but he is someone the captain can take a chance with 

PS: About bowling, its not case of not being needed, the captain it seems doesn't trust him anymore. His bowling bubble burst in last series he played.

Edited by SK_IH
2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I agree Pant has not done anything of note so far but he is someone the captain can take a chance with 

U think kohli is that sought of a captain ??? i dont think so 

I doubt any captain will drop any player without failures which hasnt happened in jadhav or shankar case. Those 2 just played 1 knocks in Wc......plus they both bowl and field better then pant. On the other hand pant has come of late and without much of perfomance in given chances....so practically its difficult 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kedar bowls n has improved his fielding as we saw in Aus game . Pant cant bowl or field that good and neither did he perform much which is why karthik got ahead 

For kedhar to be dropped he 1st needs to perform badly 

Pant must get matches against minnows like Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh so that he gains in confidence and gets ready in time for the knock outs. Pant better than Kedar Jadhav any day. He is a potential game changer and we need such players if we really want to win the cup

Dhawan may not be the most technically proficient player.  But he was a vital batsman for us.  A left-handed batsman in the top order.  A guy who readily and selflessly carried the burden of setting up the innings momentum.  

The right move would be throw Pant into the team asap, against Windies/Afghanistan.   Shankar hasn't done much wrong, slightly unfair,  but I think Pant is the right move.  

2 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Pant must get matches against minnows like Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh so that he gains in confidence and gets ready in time for the knock outs. Pant better than Kedar Jadhav any day. He is a potential game changer and we need such players if we really want to win the cup

Stop clamoring to drop Jadhav.  You need Jadhav's bowling option, and his batting is consistently underrated.  The choice is between Pant and Shankar.  As we go deeper into the English summer, Vijay's bowling will be even easier to loot for 15 runs per over than Jadhav's.  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Stop clamoring to drop Jadhav.  You need Jadhav's bowling option, and his batting is consistently underrated.  The choice is between Pant and Shankar.  As we go deeper into the English summer, Vijay's bowling will be even easier to loot for 15 runs per over than Jadhav's.  

lol at Jadhav's bowling. Shankar is a better bowler than Jadhav. His submarine bazookas are not worth it any more. Imagine if Shankar wasnt there against Poyz and Jadhav had to ball 8 overs. I dont even want to imagine that

5 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

look m no fan of jadhav but im a huge huge fan of pant but reality he hasnt done anything in given chances in the format and neither he has any utility post his batting ......plus the game he has he wud be inconsistent so its not fair to drop jadhav at this point atleast when he hasnt failed. Pant on potential is better then many but thats not enough sometimes....jadhav doesnt even have 40% talent of pant but has done everything he cud- improved fielding, running, added bowling...........dropping him without failing isnt a right xample that to for someone who hasnt done anything to demand a place . 

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

lol at Jadhav's bowling. Shankar is a better bowler than Jadhav. His submarine bazookas are not worth it any more. Imagine if Shankar wasnt there against Poyz and Jadhav had to ball 8 overs. I dont even want to imagine that

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

they both are not suppose to play for their bowling or be good with it every day.....their bowling will be useful on diff days. Its good to have 7 options of bowling . They just have to bowl 3-4 overs most days ....so its not an area of worry but its a bonus 

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

As we go into July and with pitches likely to get roughed up relatively,  we may see Jadhav bowling more (or being more useful than Shankar) if in the 11 :dontknow:

Pant can come in place of Shankar/Jadhav 

Edited by zen
4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Jadhav's bowling is overrated. Shankar's bowling is not that great either but his gentle paced outswingers in English conditions would be more effective I think. Plant's batting is far better than that of Jadhav's is a no brainer.