Wimbledon 2019

I6MTW

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sure, but that TB rule is justified after last year's farce. Should have been brought into effect post Isner-Mahut clash. Anyway Fed had enough chances to close the match out, he is the only person to blame. Won't get a weaker version of Nole in another GS meeting...even the court conditions were perfect (I was wrong earlier), not very quick lest he has ROS/retrieving troubles but very low bounce at the same time. 

If you manage to sort your head out please let me know and give some tips, yesterday was brutal. I won't be able to watch another Fed (maybe even tennis unless Rafa is losing) match, not after this. SW19 2008, AO 2009, USO 2009/10/11/15 suddenly look so much more tolerable. The Serb is well on his way to seal the GOAT status in 2 years time.

I'm still trying. One of the things giving me solace was Federer beating Nadal convincingly and keeping up with Djokovic physically for 5 hours at the age of 38 almost beating him in his second best surface, looking the fresher out of the two at the end of the match. Federer's legacy may or may not strengthen, Federer may have his records broken, remembered for his loses. But one thing Federer will always be remembered for was taking tennis to new heights, one of the most pleasing games to watch, a true all court player, a person who went from a total brat to one of the finest sportsman in the world, plus the ability to comeback from devastating losses is a trademark of Feds. Right from 2005  till now. Federer's mental strength is underrated in that part. He may choke in crucial times , but the ability to not let that affect him and to comeback stronger in the next match is to be appreciated. Other players have let devastating/close losses destroy them. But not Federer, he has suffered the most close and devastating loses but still he comes back ,able to compete with the best players at this age. 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:04 AM, Gollum said:

Congrats @kumar713, the only Noletard on this forum I guess. Better player lost, what say? 

Agree Federer was better for most part of the match but Nole was clutch when it mattered

UE's in Tie breaks

Federer 11 UE
Djokovic 0 UE

This made the real difference to the outcome of the match

I was damn nervous when Federer was serving for the Championship @ 8-7 40-15 up but the way Nole broke back made me feel it's his title.

I was sure Federer won't be recovering from that nightmare.

Federer approach @ 40-30 was full of panic.

Nole was just hoping for the final set to reach TB bcoz he knows he has the upper hand in the TB and it worked out.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:24 AM, Gollum said:

Nole played the worst major final in his career, second best throughout with 99% of the stadium treating it like a Swiss Davis Cup encounter, yet wtf was that? Fed doesn't deserve the GOAT tag after being such a mental midget. No GOAT in any sport is as unclutch as Fed especially in marquee encounters with top tier rivals. I regret the day I became a hardcore Fed fan, should never have been so much attached to him. Better to be a detached fan of the sport. This day will haunt me, can't imagine the effect it will have on Fed and his family/coaches. 

One of Federer's worst choke. I can understand your disappointment :hug:

Edited by kumar713

3 hours ago, kumar713 said:

One of Federer's worst choke. I can understand your disappointment :hug:

Still, in hindsight, a lot of positives to take out of this match if you are a Federer fan. Negatives as well, but the positives were there as well. I mean nobody expected him to dominate the match against Djokovic in the first place. Everyone thought it would be straightforward victory for Djokovic especially after the mentally exhausting SF against Nadal. But Fed did well, except in key moments such as the TB and the 8-7 game in the 5th. Most of the Federer fans, including me are disappointed because of that. Otherwise Federer played well tactically. Not like his prime years, but the best in recent years against Djokovic.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, I6MTW said:

I sense a decline from Djokovic. Still enough to beat almost everyone else in the tour. But his level in Wimbledon was nothing special. On HCs there are a lot of players who do well there unlike Grass where the current generation struggles. RBA and Wawrinka on HCs are nightmares to Djokovic. Even Thiem does well in USO. 

Yeah djoker is declining 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:10 AM, Real McCoy said:

Fed and Nadal go for the winners whereas Djoker just keeps the ball in play. I can still picture the SF against Agut where he played 40 shots back and forth without moving much. Is it any wonder that he doesn't get the same respect as the other two. He will be forever remembered as the unforced error king and the guy that bores the audience. RIP tennis :rip:

:facepalm:

Man go get a life