Let's all laugh at the padosies

10 minutes ago, singhprakash72 said:

Pakistan needs to get over their love with more than decade old players Shehzad, Akmal,Malik, Hafeez etc. Develop talented new breed of cricketers who can add value to the team instead going back to old war horse.

Shehzad, Akmal, Malik and Hafeez did not play the 3rd T20.  Still they lost. 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

It has nothing to do with Misbah. They are this bad and not playing India has really hurt them in the pocket and cricket development.

The missing Indian revenue meant that budgets were under pressure for the last 15 years.  And PCB corrupt babus chose to starve domestic cricket.  Utter trash wickets, and locally made kachra balls translated to low scoring games, with trundlers boasting of FC bowling averages of below 20, while the batsmen were slowly trained to throw their bats around and find ways to score quick cameos instead of learning to build proper innings.  Results are there for all to see. 

I personally dont think revenue is an issue. What sandeep  said about wickets is spot on. The SLC is an equally corrupt board and their B team has beaten Pakistan at home in a format which they are supposed to be good in. 

But Pakistan have been getting good amount of revenue from ICC events. Around $17 million a year or so I believe. Their net revenue is to tune of $50 million a year.  Sure a series with India would have meant a single tour even in the UAE would be worth much more, but still its more than enough to run a decent domestic competition.

The truth is Pakistan always were reliant on natural "talent" than structure or technology.  Its just that cricket has evolved from its semi professional roots to being totally professional sport where nutrition, fitness analytics matter. Pakistan despite odd wins like the champions trophy or the T20 WC in 2009 are just stuck in the past.

it must also be said,

Imran khan has ensured that there is now a proper domestic structure modeled on Australia with around 6 teams. This means that there is quality at a highest level and the PCB needs to monitor only 6 wickets to ensure balance between bat and ball. Each domestic team has a squad of 25 players. So you are talking about 150 domestic players.

The downside to this approach is that the players are paid very poorly. So even if your one level below the best your earning like $12,000 a year. 

We will know if this approach works in 3-4 years time.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

But Pakistan have been getting good amount of revenue from ICC events. Around $17 million a year or so I believe. Their net revenue is to tune of $50 million a year.  Sure a series with India would have meant a single tour even in the UAE would be worth much more, but still its more than enough to run a decent domestic competition.

But its not enough left over after all the babus wet their beaks.  That's why Pak domestic cricket atrophied to the extent it did.  And why the PCB was so desperate to sue the BCCI. 

36 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

That is very true.

Apparently pcb went on a stadium remodeling spree despite nobody touring.

The work seems to have been very shoddy based on floodlihht failues and poor drainage at karachi.

I vaguely remember watching some Pakistan matches on tv during the 90s and 2000s before the SL attack.  most times their stands would be empty for test matches. Even for ODIs  it wouldn’t be packed unless they were playing India. Even for test matches involving India, their stands would be empty more often than not. I remember most of the crowd leaving after Afridi getting out during the Ind - Pak series.

Now compare that to India were even Ind-Zim test matches used to see full crowd. This was in  the previous decades though. Now you see a lot of empty stands for test matches even for big series.

As much as Pakistanis would deny, their cricket at home needs India. Obviously looks like the novelty of third string sides touring them is waning of too.

Whenever I see Pakistani cricket analysis, it starts and ends with “system ko badlo”, “system kharaab hai”. Now when Imran Khan tried to do a total 180 now they are complaining “what’s wrong with the existing system that produced so many stars” :laugh: .They have no clue what they want. 

India on the other hand despite all its flaws ensured the cricketers were well taken care of. Guys like Dalmiya and Srinivasan should get a lot of credit for that. 

However as much as I would like to laugh at Pakistan babus incompetence when it comes to  developing infrastructure, Indian babus are not that far behind. In fact I have brought this up before on the Ganguly conflict of interest thread, Eden Gardens the most iconic stadium in India has a piss poor drainage system. Now even if we give Ganguly a pass as he can’t change that overnight, they couldn’t even spend money to rent a helicopter that many top of the line stadiums in India can afford. I remember a match being washed away due to overnight rain a couple of years back. That Was disgraceful and shows that cricket affairs is better in the hands of guys like Srinivasan and Dalmiya than ex-cricketers.

Pakistan cricket administration  is pathetic and full of comedy material. However clearly corruption and inefficiency is not the reason because India and even Bangladesh have made progress despite having the same kind of babu culture.