Modi government likely to bring bill to prevent religious conversion in next Parliament session

vayuu1

3 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

But what if i want to convert myself to Buddhism?

You can if there is no coersion or enticement .I don't think individual conversion can be stopped because it comes under personal right.

Evangalism or any other form of enticement  to convert is in a way insulting to religion .

Freedom of Religion is a fundamental right of every Indian enshrined in the constitution.

4 hours ago, beetle said:

You can if there is no coersion or enticement .I don't think individual conversion can be stoppedbecause it comes under personal right.

4 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

But what if i want to convert myself to Buddhism?

many here havent read the indian constitution.It already says that no one has the right to convert another person by force as it violates their fundamental right.what the BJP is proposing will most likely require a constitutional change which will not allow any conversions at all .

Well yes & no, using the allure of money or other "benefits" for conversion isn't exactly forced conversion though obviously there are cases of the same especially from the non infidels. What you're saying also has some truth to it, however we'll let the constitutional experts sweat it out just like the abrogation incidental decay of article 370 :smokin:

On 8/10/2019 at 5:30 PM, velu said:

I hope the law is to prevent forced conversion like there are many NGOs in TN coastal areas who have monetary incentives to convert Dalits to Christianity .

There should be no law to prevent  anyone from following their religion of choice .

High time TN is brought back from the clutches of evangelists.. lot of BS peddled by these evangelists in the name of Dravidianism and easily consumed by the gullible 

38 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

LOL.

You guys realize that missionaries will simply re-spawn as 'environmental activists' or 'feminists' right?

This changes nothing.

This changes a lot of things, esp optics. It sends a message that they can't openly come now for proselytizing and they will have to come for some "other" purpose. When caught , they can be taken to task. This is the first step.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Finally, some TJ and Christian missionaries banned to enter India . Can’t imagine this happening in UPA sarkaar, @Stradlater you have no other hope other than BJP to push Dharmic causes. One day, even Javedkar  will announce History textbook revisions  dekh lena...

Should be banned for life 

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This changes a lot of things, esp optics. It sends a message that they can't openly come now for proselytizing and they will have to come for some "other" purpose. When caught , they can be taken to task. This is the first step.

They already misrepresent their purpose of visit by claiming to be tourists. This is something they've been doing for a long time.

You have to understand, these guys are always one step ahead. They always plan for a 'tightening' of regulations.

I can even show you a bunch of youtube videos with american 'christians' 'vlogging' in india and engaging in what they themselves call 'soft' evangelism. I don't think it works, but they do it to represent themselves 'fairly'.