Modi government likely to bring bill to prevent religious conversion in next Parliament session

vayuu1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:16 AM, diga said:

They are called Crypto christians.

There is a lot of inducements to convert... may be cash or better social standing but mostly its by brainwashing into believing something that's not in the realms of reality

I have no issues with their reasoning for conversion. Just curious about their reluctance to embrace their new faith in public. Have they been instructed to maintain a low profile or is it just a matter of person choice.

16 hours ago, Ranvir said:

I say let the country develop, get everyone literate and then allow people to convert. Otherwise people will simply be tricked into conversions.

Most Delhi based parties are the reason why the country isn't educated and will continue to do so.

3 hours ago, donkey said:

I have no issues with their reasoning for conversion. Just curious about their reluctance to embrace their new faith in public. Have they been instructed to maintain a low profile or is it just a matter of person choice.

One needs to reach a critical mass to assert themselves publicly.. till then shadow practice

On 1/10/2021 at 8:41 AM, Lannister said:

So forcefully keeping someone within their cult? A typical response from right wing fascists. 

Yep. But one right wing fascists are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the other right wing fascists, as history shows us. The christians and muslims come en masse with foreign state agenda embedded in their denominations. So its a threat to the motherland. 

On 1/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, Lannister said:

So forcefully keeping someone within their cult? A typical response from right wing fascists. 

Actually the right wing fascist thing would be to allow only conversion to a chosen religion. 

Religions conversions and attempts to change demographics have been cause many a wars and conflicts.

Especially when it’s asymmetric ie only proselytising Abrahamic religions converting and the other side not. 

29 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Yep. But one right wing fascists are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the other right wing fascists, as history shows us. The christians and muslims come en masse with foreign state agenda embedded in their denominations. So its a threat to the motherland. 

welcome back Mulo.. hope you are keeping well in these covid times

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Actually the right wing fascist thing would be to allow only conversion to a chosen religion. 

People will make that choice. States need to butt out and remain secular.

Religions conversions and attempts to change demographics have been cause many a wars and conflicts.

A shift in demography is already happening through Hindi monopoly and weakening of federal structure. We should be more worried about that than these delusions that you speak of. 

Especially when it’s asymmetric ie only proselytising Abrahamic religions converting and the other side not. 

All religions are asymmetric with one another. So it's good that atheism is gaining popularity all over the world.

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

You are a Bengali and you are more foreign to me than the muslims and christians from my state. 

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

You are a Bengali and you are more foreign to me than the muslims and christians from my state. 

You say that coz you are a Christian and a Dravidian supremacist. Most in your state are not and they see a Hindu Bengali as closer kin than their opposing religion ones.

Thankfully our govt cares for the Indian interest over that of Vatican’s, unlike you

19 minutes ago, Lannister said:

People will make that choice. States need to butt out and remain secular.

nope. Secular in Indian constitution means equal interference, not hands off. We know the aggressive prostelyzing abrahamic s want a neutered state so they can bring their foreign moolah as the decisive event for conversion racket. Thus state needs to make sure that you don’t get a conversion advantage.

A shift in demography is already happening through Hindi monopoly and weakening of federal structure. We should be more worried about that than these delusions that you speak of. 

good. Hindi speakers are the majority and it needs to be the national language.

All religions are asymmetric with one another. So it's good that atheism is gaining popularity all over the world.

Atheism that is gaining traction is the abrahamic western rejectionist atheism, not the atheism of Buddhism or Daoism. We promote our own, not western ideology.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

You say that coz you are a Christian

haha.. I was expecting this from you. No, I am not a christian. I am a Kannadiga.

52 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Most in your state are not and they see a Hindu Bengali as closer kin than their opposing religion ones.

This may be the case in west bengal. But thankfully we are not like that. We care more about our linguistic identity, irrespective of one's religious beliefs.

You are foreign to us. Not our muslim and christian brothers and sisters. They are Kannadigas. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

nope. Secular in Indian constitution means equal interference, not hands off.

It's not equal interference when you are picking and choosing one religion over the other. 

good. Hindi speakers are the majority and it needs to be the national language.

No. 

Atheism that is gaining traction is the abrahamic western rejectionist atheism, not the atheism of Buddhism or Daoism. We promote our own, not western ideology.

Atheism is a non-belief in god and faith based religions. There is no western or eastern aspect to it. 

7 hours ago, Lannister said:

It's not equal interference when you are picking and choosing one religion over the other. 

No it is levelling the playing field. Hindu shrines are under government control, muslim and christian ones are not. so either they too come under government control or the government finds other ways to interfere in their affairs to level the playing field. 

No. 

Yes.

Atheism is a non-belief in god and faith based religions. There is no western or eastern aspect to it. 

Except that ALL philosophies and ideologies show their dogmatic tendencies and western atheists have their own set code of belief system they display, distinct from eastern atheist/agnostic schools.