Alcohol claimed to be key to humanity's survival

Alam_dar

On 9/15/2019 at 2:19 PM, I6MTW said:

Most philosophers arise when they are either stoned or drunk. 

True. Very true. 

Almost all the poets were inspired either by Love, or by Sharab. 

I enjoy the "Sharabi Poetry" by Ghalib and many many others.  Here is a beautiful collection of Sharabi Poetry in Urdu (link).

PS: Is Ghalib's poetry available in Hindi too?

I miss the old Bollywood movies too like Sharabi of Amitab.  Insaan Jhoomta hai without even drinking. 

Edited by Alam_dar

21 hours ago, Under_Score said:

As of now...the only fix for hangover is moderate consumption of Alcohol. I rarely get a hangover since I know my limits & enjoy my spirits but once in a while when there is a occasion when friends/relatives get together....it can go over the limit. It did happen on my previous visit to California last year. vacation time....drinking everyday but one day it got way over limit and next day was severe hangover even though I woke up late in the morning....That evening again everyone ready to drink.....I was like 'No way I feel like drinking today'.....I was suggested to have a couple of drinks to feel better....I was surprised to experience that it killed the hangover. :wp3:

Yes, a shot of whiskey works best for hangover, 

Two brothers from Nepal (during my University time) also used to drink heavily. 

One told us that he was drinking due to the girl whom he loves. 

While the other brother told us that he was drinking while he got no girl to love. 

:laugh:

I don't know for which reasons the ICF members are drinking .... for having a girl friend ... or for not having a girl friend.  
Time to open up your secrets :beer:

Edited by Alam_dar

On 9/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, I6MTW said:

Alcohol and Marijuana brings people together. Most philosophers arise when they are either stoned or drunk. 

As for living long, it all depends on genetics. The world's oldest person, Jeanne Calment lived for 122 years, she smoked , drinked, ate chocolates, till 114-115 years. 

That's a bunch of BS. People who believe this and do as this person is supposed to have done will end up in the cemetery sooner than they think. Propaganda in the name of news. Hope you don't do this. Don't believe this

On 9/16/2019 at 7:10 PM, velu said:

Myself too take mostly beer .. but when I drink , I end up drinking 2.5/3 liters. .. can't control

Once in between if I don't get high I order cocktails like mojito 

That's mostly 4-5 beers the tall ones (650 ml). I have warned you once if you remember. If you drink one of those (that will be 1-2 beers in US), its ok. Your BP will go down a little and come back. If you drink more than that your BP will go higher than normal. You can keep doing that when you are younger. But ultimately your body will crack down after a while if you keep doing it. Then you have to take BP pills. Those pills are forever. That's not the only thing you need to worry about. There are other things such as liver, kidney, so watch out. Alcohol is a legal poison

I saw that word "can't control". That's not a good sign. Next time go to a bar with a friend who doesn't drink and limit yourself to one beer. If you order another one, tell your friend to stop you. Going with a drinking friend is not advisable if you want to control this habit. He will egg you on :lol: Best thing is to take a break from drinking for a while and maybe then drink responsibly. I know the beer manufactures say it to maintain their "social responsibility" but it is up to you to take care of your health. Good luck. I'm completely sober for the past few years

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

That's a bunch of BS. People who believe this and do as this person is supposed to have done will end up in the cemetery sooner than they think. Propaganda in the name of news. Hope you don't do this. Don't believe this

Like I said , living depends on genetics. Obviously if you and me, without the longevity genes, try all this, well kick the bucket sooner than later.

Now as for the social custom, that's prove. Drinking and smoking together, really brings people together. I've know many people who've sorted out differences over a drink or two. 

Bob Marley, a stoner, was probably one of the most influential musicians of his time. His songs were very deep and meaningful. 

But like you said in the above post, It's all about moderation. Drinking in moderation ajd limit will work in the long run. If you are young, preferably in your 20s, you can afford to have a few more beers, or hard drinks, provided it is not regular. Maybe twice a month over the weekends ought to keep it under control. As you grow older, limit it to one drink or two , that too only on special occasions. 

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

That's mostly 4-5 beers the tall ones (650 ml). I have warned you once if you remember. If you drink one of those (that will be 1-2 beers in US), its ok. Your BP will go down a little and come back. If you drink more than that your BP will go higher than normal. You can keep doing that when you are younger. But ultimately your body will crack down after a while if you keep doing it. Then you have to take BP pills. Those pills are forever. That's not the only thing you need to worry about. There are other things such as liver, kidney, so watch out. Alcohol is a legal poison

I saw that word "can't control". That's not a good sign. Next time go to a bar with a friend who doesn't drink and limit yourself to one beer. If you order another one, tell your friend to stop you. Going with a drinking friend is not advisable if you want to control this habit. He will egg you on :lol: Best thing is to take a break from drinking for a while and maybe then drink responsibly. I know the beer manufactures say it to maintain their "social responsibility" but it is up to you to take care of your health. Good luck. I'm completely sober for the past few years

cant take more than 2 , 650mls of strong beers .. make it 1300ml max

these days i take draft or craft beers only .. 4 to 6% alcohol :p: 

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Exactly, the image of the smoker is always portrayed as 

brad-pitt-workout-routine-Main.jpg

while as in most cases in reality it is

old-woman-smoking.JPG

10 hours ago, velu said:

cant take more than 2 , 650mls of strong beers .. make it 1300ml max

these days i take draft or craft beers only .. 4 to 6% alcohol :p: 

half beer is good. 650 ml is the MAX. In the US, it will be 2 beers small ones. A beer or two is an american saying. It doesnt apply in India as one long beer here is 2 beers in US. Not to mention the quality of beers here is sh1t. If you are drinking regularly on the weekends, stop screwing around and limit it to 650 ml. If you drink 2 beers make that very occasional. Don't go by peer pressure or if someone challenges you. All the tough talk won't help you in the doctor's office

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

half beer is good. 650 ml is the MAX. In the US, it will be 2 beers small ones. A beer or two is an american saying. It doesnt apply in India as one long beer here is 2 beers in US. Not to mention the quality of beers here is sh1t. If you are drinking regularly on the weekends, stop screwing around and limit it to 650 ml. If you drink 2 beers make that very occasional. Don't go by peer pressure or if someone challenges you. All the tough talk won't help you in the doctor's office

650ml is very less :sad:

3 mugs of craft or draft beer is fine .. quality is not bad here 

And usually I am the one who put pressure on others @SLICKR392 :giggle:

15 minutes ago, velu said:

650ml is very less :sad:

3 mugs of craft or draft beer is fine .. quality is not bad here 

And usually I am the one who put pressure on others @SLICKR392 :giggle:

Dude BP is not caused just by getting pressure from others. It contributes probably but its also about what you eat and drink. I guess you are over 30. No matter how pure the beer is, there is a limit. You can't just go to Germany and drink gallons of beer just because it is brewed with the best quality standards. Lots of alcohol is promoted by cinema and tv shows. Even medical websites you have to take with a grain of salt

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Dude BP is not caused just by getting pressure from others. It contributes probably but its also about what you eat and drink. I guess you are over 30. No matter how pure the beer is, there is a limit. You can't just go to Germany and drink gallons of beer just because it is brewed with the best quality standards. Lots of alcohol is promoted by cinema and tv shows. Even medical websites you have to take with a grain of salt

1.3 liters done already .. 

Might take max another 500ml