DMK protests inclusion of Bhagavad Gita in Anna University as optional subject

Gollum

4 hours ago, velu said:

crossed redline here :angry:

people here dont bother about ram or vishnu much .. but murugan and to some extent shiva are near and dear

Among main Gods Tamils also hold Perumal and Amman dear, in recent times Ganesh has made a grand entry. 

17 hours ago, raki05 said:

Hindus in trying to become liberal has screwed our contry since beginning of time and ll continue to do so till we get rid of this fake unity in diversity slogans. Liberals are  more dangerous than extremist coz they exploit the constitution, law and order and democracy time and again to dent the contry from inside. It's good to be an extremist than being a hypocrite, bloddy to do appeasement they can abuse their own mother for some petty glory, this is the harsh reality of our country. Let one muslim/Christian guy be at recieving end and see how liberals across the board including this forum would loose their sleep whereas at same time many Hindu's are dying due to religious violence which never even get reported.

Such post is why the narrative is not in our favor. So easily have you surrendered and given the opponents the “liberals” tag. They already win the battle/perception with that tag alone. 

The reality is quite different, where they are extremely intolerant, hostile towards Hinduism. Similarly, very coward for other religion discussion. This double standard, hypocrisy has to be exposed. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:36 PM, velu said:

crossed redline here :angry:

people here dont bother about ram or vishnu much .. but murugan and to some extent shiva are near and dear

How do Tamil Hindus tolerate this ****? If someone ever tries these kind of stunts in North, there will be heavy backlash. 

On 10/4/2019 at 12:20 AM, Gollum said:

Opposing an elective? I remember my UG days when we had some weird 3 credit electives, mostly we chose something related to our field. Dozen odd students per batch would choose these humanities, philosophy type courses cos of interest or to reduce load from course related subjects....sometimes to improve their CGPA. If some bits of Upanishads or Gita are taught in philosophies course what's wrong? I won't mind if some useful stuff from foreign cultures is taught to complement the learning process. What's wrong with these DMK, DK guys? AIADMK, TTV, BJP are backing Anna Uni which is a relief.

We already have that. Its called computer programming.

PS: I like how you say studying philosophy is reduction of work load!

I know of a person who is doing a masters in Philosophy. I remember him mention that he took some accounting/ maths related elective to reduce his work load!

Edited by Mariyam

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

How do Tamil Hindus tolerate this ****? If someone ever tries these kind of stunts in North, there will be heavy backlash. 

mostly DMK guys do it for trolling , for all the atheist talks kanimoli went to tirpuathi after she got out of tihar ..

seyals wife almost visited all the temples in tamilnadu for her husband :lol: 

i dont have issues as long as they are not touching my favorite god :giggle:

but these DK guys goes to christian and muslim gathering and talk bad about hindu gods to make them happy assuming that minorities like hindu bashing  

Too many rice bag converts in TN masquerading as atheists and abusing others

I have heard a lot of converts have preserved their caste identities for reservations and other benefits 

Edited by diga

5 hours ago, diga said:

Too many rice bag converts in TN masquerading as atheists and abusing others

I have heard a lot of converts have preserved their caste identities for reservations and other benefits 

Same happens in Andhra but I have never seen political leaders abuse Hinduism like these folks. Problem is the DK/Periyar ideology. 

Nothing wrong in worshipping Ravana, great scholar and Shiv bhakt, many admirable qualities. This is where we are different from Abrahamics, don't have this good vs evil (light vs dark, angels vs demons yada yada) concept. We had great asuras like King Mahabali and Prahlad. Besides ordinary people don't get the privilege to be killed by Vishnu avatars, Ravana was blessed to be killed by Ram himself. People must read about Jaya-Vijaya, the dwarapalakas of Vishnu...it was their choice to be born as his enemy and get killed at his hands so that they could be with him sooner.  

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Starting to believe that the anti-Hindu dravida ideologies are for eyeballs. The Ambedkarite evangelicals worshipping Ravana in TN is a myth

Was always the case. No one can look past the fact that Tamil Nadu also houses some of the greatest Indian temples with more than 85 divya desams including the Kovil (Srirangam) along with some exemplary architecture and history.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Nothing wrong in worshipping Ravana, great scholar and Shiv bhakt, many admirable qualities. This is where we are different from Abrahamics, don't have this good vs evil (light vs dark, angels vs demons yada yada) concept. We had great asuras like King Mahabali and Prahlad. Besides ordinary people don't get the privilege to be killed by Vishnu avatars, Ravana was blessed to be killed by Ram himself. People must read about Jaya-Vijaya, the dwarapalakas of Vishnu...it was their choice to be born as his enemy and get killed at his hands so that they could be with him sooner.  

+1.. Ravana should be worshipped for his Shiva bhakti and not as an antagonist to Ram & North Indians

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Starting to believe that the anti-Hindu dravida ideologies are for eyeballs. The Ambedkarite evangelicals worshipping Ravana in TN is a myth

I am not sure of 80%.. maybe closer to 65-70% ... lot of closet cryptos in the eastern coast