No Time to Die (OO7)

zen

No Time to Die release postponed to April 2021 :shock:

No Time to Die,” the latest James Bond installment, will be postponed until next year, the filmmakers announced Friday.

The film, starring Daniel Craig in his final stint as the agent formerly known as 007, is expected to hit theaters April 2, 2021, a year later than initially planned. Curiously, “No Time to Die” is now set to open the same weekend as “Fast & Furious” sequel “F9.” Universal, the studio behind the high-octane franchise, is distributing the Bond film internationally.

Variety

NTTD delayed/postponed again, will release on Oct 8th now

The movie will now release in theaters on Oct. 8. It was originally scheduled to open on April 2.

It’s hardly a surprise that the Bond film has been pushed back to fall. Hollywood has been widely anticipating that “No Time to Die” would face another delay as coronavirus cases continue to skyrocket.

MGM is rolling out “No Time to Die” in North America, while Universal has international rights. Since the movie carries a massive price tag around $200 million, it relies on substantial global ticket sales to turn a profit. That’s nearly impossible to achieve at a time when most movie theaters are closed, and the few that remain open have been operating at a reduced capacity. Thursday’s announcement marks the film’s third delay in the last 10 months. In March of 2020, “No Time to Die” became the first tentpole to shift its release date amid the pandemic. Link

Amazon has purchased MGM, which is associated with Bond films ... the Amazon-MGM deal would need to go through legal approval process which could take a few months 

NTTD is slated to release in Oct iirc 

Once approved, we can expect more MGM titles on Prime though :dontknow:

Link

From Twitter: 

The World Premiere for #NoTimeToDie will take place on Tuesday 28 September 2021 at London’s 
@RoyalAlbertHall
. Producers Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and director Cary Joji Fukunaga will join Daniel Craig on the red carpet.

Hope that there are no more delays! 

Let’s ensure that NTTD gets a good opening :nod:

The Bond film producers are old now (may want to retire) and after the film was put at risk due to COVID, they may not be in the mood to make a Bond film again (to make a new film they have to find a new Bond as well which may take time) … NTTD could well be Bond’s last theatrical film (may become a series). 

Are you trolling me @zen?

Theatres haven't re-opened in Mumbai.

Adhoori adhoori si lagti hai zindagi, w/o watching movies on the big screen. :sad:

And, James Bond? Really? You want me to risk covid to watch James Bond in the theatre?

James Bond is a relic. Poor propaganda vehicle from a time when the Brits mattered.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Are you trolling me @zen?

Theatres haven't re-opened in Mumbai.

Adhoori adhoori si lagti hai zindagi, w/o watching movies on the big screen. :sad:

Oh, did not know that cinemas are yet to reopen in India ... If you happen to be flying to London, you can try - NTTD World Premier Sept 28 at Royal Albert Hall in London 

And, James Bond? Really? You want me to risk covid to watch James Bond in the theatre?

James Bond is a relic. Poor propaganda vehicle from a time when the Brits mattered.

The recent films may not be like they were in the past but still enjoyable for a series churning out its 25th film :nod: 

I like Craig as an actor but have lost intrest in Bond movies. The character tof 007  does not come across as professionsl to me. Shows no respect for women and kills people casually.

I will take Matt Damonin Bourne Identity or Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible anytime.