2nd test ... India vs South Africa at Pune

8 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Poor decision by Kohli to enforce the follow on.

India might have to chase 100+ runs on a crumbling day 5 wicket.  Who the hell wants to bat last on a sub continent wicket??

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Lol 426+ runs hehe in second innings lolz. One wicket and two chances already in 2 overs.

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

No point flogging our attack for 200 + overs continuously. That will take its toll. Should have batted two sessions and then put SA in. 

8 hours ago, Frustrated said:

SA are scoring at 4 runs per over. 

Hitting a boundary every over. 

I wont be surprised if they score 450+ runs on this wicket (which is still very flat).

7 hours ago, Frustrated said:

SAF scored 415 in the 1st inning of the 1st test.

They are more than capable of it.

Lol :phehe:

21 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol :phehe:

Never said we won't win. I just don't see the point of enforcing follow on and our bowlers having to bowl 172 overs on the trot. That tends to take its toll  .I believe there was no forecast for rain tmrw. We could have easily batted for 60 overs and won it tmrw on a pitch which had worn out even more. 

On 10/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, Cricspin said:

Every player cant perform equally in every match. As long as we win and win well, it should satisfy us fans.

We cant just drop people who don't bowl a good spell, don't take wickets in few inn etc.. etc.. 

People dint want Umesh to play, now that Umesh did well.. Ishant needs to be dropped ..  Jadeja should not be turned into all rounder.. Drop Rahane… Why Rohit played before the first match.. Silence before second match and as soon as he failed, see he cant bat seaming ball..  

While batting we want our team to smash everything and while bowling just get them all out for nothing.. lol.. I feel we need a game.. the opposition slugging it out is good too.. Tail scoring can be frustrating but its not impacting the bigger picture in this match.

I am happy with our performance in this series so far. 

No one wanted Ishant in home tests. He is played based on his overseas exploits. Now where is the horses for courses policy of the team.  Ishant isn't someone who can be relied upon at home.

As much as I despise Bewrat, I do not think any team can beat India on Indian soil. However, the lopsided outcome of this series has been more of SA incompetence as it has been India's brilliance. This Choker-Saali Proteas team is really hurting from Graeme Smith, Amla, De Villiers and Steyn gone. Those are 4 top deck players, especially the last three. 

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

All tests are important with the Test Championship going on.  No dead rubber matches.

Yes but we can easily experiment.. infact we can bring half the side from A team and still manage to beat this proteas side.. 

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Faf,  Elgar, Markram and deKock in the top 6 should have been a decent enough batting line-up.

if markram has one more bad test, then SA may have a top 6 with only 1 batsman having an avg of 40+ (although markram, elgar & kock are close). I don't think this has happened for a very long time in SA history... possibly not since 1950s.

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

Faf,  Elgar, Markram and deKock in the top 6 should have been a decent enough batting line-up.

All these are above average batsmen at best.. no disrespect but the earlier Gen had almost everyone averaging above 50.. mid 90s team too had consistent batsman and the lower order then was probably the best lower order for ages.