Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

Pink ball at dusk is one thing, want to see how he goes on the drop in roads is Australia with the red ball. 

Looking good though. 

Banter aside, their govt aside, this is a young raw greenbro team, hard to root against. 

Banjo how I wish for "normal" Ind-Pak relations so I wouldn't have to hesitate rooting for kids like these.  Will at least have to wait a couple of decades, maybe more before greenbros finally get azaadi. If ever. 

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Pink ball at dusk is one thing, want to see how he goes on the drop in roads is Australia with the red ball. 

Looking good though. 

Banter aside, their govt aside, this is a young raw greenbro team, hard to root against. 

Banjo how I wish for "normal" Ind-Pak relations so I wouldn't have to hesitate rooting for kids like these.  Will at least have to wait a couple of decades, maybe more before greenbros finally get azaadi. If ever. 

Also Misbah, Azhar Ali are likeable guys. Even Bradman Azam seems like a down to earth humble guy unlike his family members

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Naseem Shah is probably the first Pakistani seamer in the last 10 years who has really interested me as a bowler. 

I wish we had a young pacer bowling like him.  (  Can't say it about any other Pakistani seamer of this decade. )

I was never impressed by even Amir as I knew he was more product of those pitches in 2010 in England than his ability .But this guy is quick and very smooth action.He looks mighty impressive.I don't think we have anyone this good in the system.I hope Mavi and NagarKoti become part of Indian bowling lineup soon.

21 hours ago, sandeep said:

200% agreed.  He may have "chosen" this.  But its not good for him.  Even if he can't get there in time for the burial - it is important for him to process his grief.  And to do that in a hotel room thousands of miles away? Without family? That's not right man.  He's a kid.  Even if he wasn't, this is not right.  

The adults around him - family, coach, PCB - they should have guided him and gotten him home -even if for a week or so.  

Family > work. No compromise there.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:55 AM, maniac said:

No way he is 16. I would say 20-21.  He may be genuinely talented or the next big phaaaasht bowler  but isn’t this fraud when these guys plays u-19 tournaments and make an impact? Why isn’t this a serious offense like fixing or even tampering?

He’s 19. 

15 hours ago, First class said:

People like us living in far away places from Pakistan like USA and Australia face this situation quite often and decision by Naseem Shah to stay in Australia does make sense to us.

At the time of death in family in Pakistan, it almost impossible for anyone living in USA or Australia to be in Pakistan to attend the funeral, because as per Islamic culture, burial is conducted within 24 hours, most of the time. For this very reason, people not always leave everything and take the next flight to Pakistan but take their time, take care of their most urgent matters and only then go to Pakistan to share the grief with family. Many leave weeks or months later.

Naseem , would not have attended his mother funeral, unfortunately. Considering this , I'm sure PCB would have given him option of staying in Australia and I'm sure after discussing with his family , he decided to stay, which is understandable

I've been there myself - when my grandfather passed away, and I couldn't go to India at the time.  Its a terrible time, and as a young person you can sometimes be numb to it.  But this is his mother.  He's going to have to deal with his grief and loss, sooner or later.  And I really think that being present - even if not for the actual funeral, but for the days following - being there, being present, being available to his family, would be best for him.  

Ultimately its his choice and all that.  I just hope he doesn't end up regretting it or being affected by his choice over the long term.  

I again stress what an excellent choice to send rookies to Australia. And they are proving the selection. Mighty impressed by all the pacers.

Fudging 2-3 yrs on papers is a very desi thing to do. Why are we Indian fans making such a fuss about? Lets not forget out own Shami has been under fire for same. And I am sure the older players have been guilty of the same. 

@express bowling  I have been impressed by Shaheen and Musa. They are both pretty quick and have quality. I also think in the last 10 yrs, Amir and Md Irfan were very impressive.

22 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I again stress what an excellent choice to send rookies to Australia. And they are proving the selection. Mighty impressed by all the pacers.

Fudging 2-3 yrs on papers is a very desi thing to do. Why are we Indian fans making such a fuss about? Lets not forget out own Shami has been under fire for same. And I am sure the older players have been guilty of the same. 

@express bowling  I have been impressed by Shaheen and Musa. They are both pretty quick and have quality. I also think in the last 10 yrs, Amir and Md Irfan were very impressive.

Yes, and this Aussie batting isn't too good except Warner and Smith

15 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Last time I watched Musa bowl was during the U19 WC in 2018.  He may have improved now. At that time, he lacked the extra pace needed by such a short bowler.  It would not be fair of me to comment on him since I have not seen him bowl recently.

Shaheen is good. He will end up as a solid fast medium bowler with bounce and skills. 

Amir's inability to sustain pace has been a factor that I don't like about pacers. And he has usually given the impression that he lacks focus.

Irfan started huffing and puffing in ODIs even. Never had the fitness.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Last time I watched Musa bowl was during the U19 WC in 2018.  He may have improved now. At that time, he lacked the extra pace needed by such a short bowler.  It would not be fair of me to comment on him since I have not seen him bowl recently.

Shaheen is good. He will end up as a solid fast medium bowler with bounce and skills. 

Amir's inability to sustain pace has been a factor that I don't like about pacers. And he has usually given the impression that he lacks focus.

Irfan started huffing and puffing in ODIs even. Never had the fitness.

Agreed. When they had started out, I had high hopes. 

Musa, I think you are forgetting, hit 147 in U19.

Personally, I would be happy if Pakistanis unearth some good pacers, That way, the balance is maintained and the excitement in Asian cricket will remain.