Jump to content
First class

Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

That's the big caveat.   Taller pacers can be effective in the mid-130s, due to trajectory and bounce.  And sheer physics dictates it will be harder for shorter pacers to keep bowling in 140s as opposed to their longer limbed counterparts...

5 foot 8 inch Shami says Hi. height has nothing to do with pace. Pace depends on lean fast twitch fibers. Jacob Oram, Jason Holder are great examples of big guy, gentle pace. Pankaj Singh 6 foot 6 gentle giant, Abey Kuruvilla.

Edited by rkt.india
Link to comment
On 10/25/2019 at 1:35 AM, rkt.india said:

5 foot 8 inch Shami says Hi. height has nothing to do with pace. Pace depends on lean fast twitch fibers. Jacob Oram, Jason Holder are great examples of big guy, gentle pace. Pankaj Singh 6 foot 6 gentle giant, Abey Kuruvilla.

Pace has got nothing to do with height.But height certainly help in getting bounce.When used properly bounce is the greatest weapon for a fast bowler.Guy like Garner is best example, he was not express but he could generate steep bounce which made it so hard for batsmen to play him.

Link to comment
On 10/22/2019 at 11:53 AM, Shaz1 said:

I see this as a way for Misbah to show people these kids are nothing special. We need oldies back cause there is no talent in Pakistan. 

Its not upto misbah to show ppl....he selected them now its upto these kids.

Misbah job now is to give them fair run, give them a secure enviornment . If they are good they ll show it in some way. Its upto pak public now to forget result for sometimes n jst be patient with youngsters nyways when they had senior in last so many years they still werent winning in australia . Many of our players debut in aus n did well - irfan pathan, mayank, kl rahul 

 

Good he realised in a series and didnt waste long.

Link to comment
14 hours ago, putrevus said:

Pace has got nothing to do with height.But height certainly help in getting bounce.When used properly bounce is the greatest weapon for a fast bowler.Guy like Garner is best example, he was not express but he could generate steep bounce which made it so hard for batsmen to play him.

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 foot 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

Edited by rkt.india
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 goofy 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

 

True.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 foot 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

 Shami bowling bouncer once or twice every over  and Garner getting bounce every ball from good length are totally different .I never said Garner didn't have pace, but I would take a Garner over Akthar everyday as a captain.Pace is a must for any fast bowler but you don't need to be Bret Lee or Akthar if you have height.

 

Akthar with more pace is nothing infront of Garner.Garner was more difficult to face to any batsman.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

 Shami bowling bouncer once or twice every over  and Garner getting bounce every ball from good length are totally different .I never said Garner didn't have pace, but I would take a Garner over Akthar everyday as a captain.Pace is a must for any fast bowler but you don't need to be Bret Lee or Akthar if you have height.

 

Akthar with more pace is nothing infront of Garner.Garner was more difficult to face to any batsman.

Garner was 6"6 or 6"7 . He used to deliver the ball from around 10 feet. There was one match when the sight screen was shorter than the level at which he delivered the ball from. It caused a stoppage because the batsmen had trouble sighting it. Play was held on for at least few minutes. Garner indeed was one of the best bowler in history of cricket.

 

Link to comment
22 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 foot 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

Shami is an exceptional bowler, in true sense. Generally,  fast bowler of his height not expected to be successful at international level but he not Shami. He has a great , rhythmic runup, perfect delivery action, good pace, exceptional control over his line and length and skill to bowl inswinger and outswinger. So for a short fast bowler to be successful, he has to be as good as Shami is , which almost impossible. 

 

Similarly, Bumrah does not have classic run up or action for a fast bowler, actually a very odd one, but he surely going to be an all time great Indian, due to his exceptional skill. 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, putrevus said:

 Shami bowling bouncer once or twice every over  and Garner getting bounce every ball from good length are totally different .I never said Garner didn't have pace, but I would take a Garner over Akthar everyday as a captain.Pace is a must for any fast bowler but you don't need to be Bret Lee or Akthar if you have height.

 

Akthar with more pace is nothing infront of Garner.Garner was more difficult to face to any batsman.

 

icult

Who you pick isn't in your control. You can only pick what you have. If i have, garner, Lee, Akhtar, i will pick all three. We don't have any such bowler in India.

 

The original post was short bowlers will find it difficult to bowl 140 plus which isn't the case. Some of the fastest bowlers in history have not been the tallest.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Who you pick isn't in your control. You can only pick what you have. If i have, garner, Lee, Akhtar, i will pick all three. We don't have any such bowler in India.

 

The original post was short bowlers will find it difficult to bowl 140 plus which isn't the case. Some of the fastest bowlers in history have not been the tallest.

Sorry about that then. I agree with you, Dale Steyn and Marshall were short but they were very fast.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...