Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

That's the big caveat.   Taller pacers can be effective in the mid-130s, due to trajectory and bounce.  And sheer physics dictates it will be harder for shorter pacers to keep bowling in 140s as opposed to their longer limbed counterparts...

5 foot 8 inch Shami says Hi. height has nothing to do with pace. Pace depends on lean fast twitch fibers. Jacob Oram, Jason Holder are great examples of big guy, gentle pace. Pankaj Singh 6 foot 6 gentle giant, Abey Kuruvilla.

Edited by rkt.india

Good decision.

Pakistan has always lost In Australia. I think it could be a good tour as players will gain confidence if they play good cricket although I don't believe Pakistan can win. As for age I think max you can add 1 year to them and that's it. Naseem is 17 and Musa is 19.

Edited by Mirpur express
On 10/25/2019 at 1:35 AM, rkt.india said:

5 foot 8 inch Shami says Hi. height has nothing to do with pace. Pace depends on lean fast twitch fibers. Jacob Oram, Jason Holder are great examples of big guy, gentle pace. Pankaj Singh 6 foot 6 gentle giant, Abey Kuruvilla.

Pace has got nothing to do with height.But height certainly help in getting bounce.When used properly bounce is the greatest weapon for a fast bowler.Guy like Garner is best example, he was not express but he could generate steep bounce which made it so hard for batsmen to play him.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:53 AM, Shaz1 said:

I see this as a way for Misbah to show people these kids are nothing special. We need oldies back cause there is no talent in Pakistan. 

Its not upto misbah to show ppl....he selected them now its upto these kids.

Misbah job now is to give them fair run, give them a secure enviornment . If they are good they ll show it in some way. Its upto pak public now to forget result for sometimes n jst be patient with youngsters nyways when they had senior in last so many years they still werent winning in australia . Many of our players debut in aus n did well - irfan pathan, mayank, kl rahul 

Good he realised in a series and didnt waste long.

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

Pace has got nothing to do with height.But height certainly help in getting bounce.When used properly bounce is the greatest weapon for a fast bowler.Guy like Garner is best example, he was not express but he could generate steep bounce which made it so hard for batsmen to play him.

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 foot 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

Edited by rkt.india
32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 goofy 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

True.

12 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Have you seen the bounce Shami gets? If you have pace, bounce isn't a problem. Garner was quite quick. He wasn't in the category of Oram or Holder. If you lack pace, height hardly matters. Have you seen holder troubling batsmen with bounce despite being 6 foot 7? Bounce is about how well you can hit the seam on the deck. Ishant at 6 feet 6 doesn't get more bounce than Shami and Bumrah.

Shami bowling bouncer once or twice every over  and Garner getting bounce every ball from good length are totally different .I never said Garner didn't have pace, but I would take a Garner over Akthar everyday as a captain.Pace is a must for any fast bowler but you don't need to be Bret Lee or Akthar if you have height.

Akthar with more pace is nothing infront of Garner.Garner was more difficult to face to any batsman.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Shami bowling bouncer once or twice every over  and Garner getting bounce every ball from good length are totally different .I never said Garner didn't have pace, but I would take a Garner over Akthar everyday as a captain.Pace is a must for any fast bowler but you don't need to be Bret Lee or Akthar if you have height.

Akthar with more pace is nothing infront of Garner.Garner was more difficult to face to any batsman.

Garner was 6"6 or 6"7 . He used to deliver the ball from around 10 feet. There was one match when the sight screen was shorter than the level at which he delivered the ball from. It caused a stoppage because the batsmen had trouble sighting it. Play was held on for at least few minutes. Garner indeed was one of the best bowler in history of cricket.

22 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shami is an exceptional bowler, in true sense. Generally,  fast bowler of his height not expected to be successful at international level but he not Shami. He has a great , rhythmic runup, perfect delivery action, good pace, exceptional control over his line and length and skill to bowl inswinger and outswinger. So for a short fast bowler to be successful, he has to be as good as Shami is , which almost impossible. 

Similarly, Bumrah does not have classic run up or action for a fast bowler, actually a very odd one, but he surely going to be an all time great Indian, due to his exceptional skill. 

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

icult

Who you pick isn't in your control. You can only pick what you have. If i have, garner, Lee, Akhtar, i will pick all three. We don't have any such bowler in India.

The original post was short bowlers will find it difficult to bowl 140 plus which isn't the case. Some of the fastest bowlers in history have not been the tallest.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Who you pick isn't in your control. You can only pick what you have. If i have, garner, Lee, Akhtar, i will pick all three. We don't have any such bowler in India.

The original post was short bowlers will find it difficult to bowl 140 plus which isn't the case. Some of the fastest bowlers in history have not been the tallest.

Sorry about that then. I agree with you, Dale Steyn and Marshall were short but they were very fast.

Name:  ebc98772-1196-43ed-966c-7a51c5b2b1ef.jpg Views: 228 Size:  159.6 KBI have seen many hyped up "talented: youngsters came and faded away quickly  in Pakistan and I don;t get excite too soon on anyone new , but this lad Naseem Shah possesses the potential to be a future Pakistan great, hopefully . Just finished a 6 wicket haul in first inning ,  in ongoing QeA Trophy for Central Punjab on one of the flattest wicket around. Lets see how he does in Australia . 

Edited by First class
5 hours ago, First class said:

I have seen many hyped up "talented: youngsters came and faded away quickly  in Pakistan and I don;t get excite too soon on anyone new , but this lad Naseem Shah possesses the potential to be a future Pakistan great, hopefully . Just finished a 6 wicket haul in first inning ,  in ongoing QeA Trophy for Central Punjab on one of the flattest wicket around. Lets see how he does in Australia . 

Maybe his wickets also reflect the state and quality of Pakistani batting resources, which are a complete shambles.  

The thing is, where do you set the bar for the young greenbro bowlers?  Even if they lose all the tests, which they probably will, and he bowls one or 2 good spells picking up a few wickets - that can be seen as evidence of potential and future "greatness", ATG or otherwise.  

I don't want to be negative on young new players - as a fan of the sport, all of us want to see young rookies come in and make an impressive splash.  But I honestly feel that Pakistan is not putting these guys in positions to succeed.