Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

14 hours ago, sandeep said:

Maybe his wickets also reflect the state and quality of Pakistani batting resources, which are a complete shambles.  

The thing is, where do you set the bar for the young greenbro bowlers?  Even if they lose all the tests, which they probably will, and he bowls one or 2 good spells picking up a few wickets - that can be seen as evidence of potential and future "greatness", ATG or otherwise.  

I don't want to be negative on young new players - as a fan of the sport, all of us want to see young rookies come in and make an impressive splash.  But I honestly feel that Pakistan is not putting these guys in positions to succeed.  

Yes, standard of Pakistan's FC cricket is not the best in the world, particularly batting standard has been deteriorating for couple of decades thanks to lousy FC structure. But the recent change in FC cricket with only six participating teams and overall improvement in the whole structure has raised the hope of better outcome in coming years. Naseem's six wickets composed of  mostly Pakistan's current and ex test and ODI players including  Sarfraz, Abid ALi, Khrram Manzoor, Fawad and co, on a very flat Faisalabad wicket. He is the most exciting bowling talent emerged from Pakistan since Mohammd Amir , who seemed great in 2010. 

Edited by First class
3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Not a bad strategy at all. Expose the youngsters in one of the toughest places to tour, will help unearth one or two quality pacers among them. Pakistan anyways have got whitewashed on every Aus tour in last 20 years or so.

On a sidenote, Naseem Shah looks definitely 20+. 

Me too think so.  Do not think a 16 year old would have developed  that kind of muscles in his forearms and torso.

Looks   > 19 - 19+  for me . 

5 minutes ago, First class said:

Some folks always side track every discussion or they are obsessed with age , or they are jealous . We are not taking about age related cricket, then why be carried away with age, ridiculous. 

Jealous of what? in the u-19 wc Mavi and Nagarkoti were better than Shaheen who credit where due was an exciting prospect. However India has a proper structure through which these players come in, on the other hand Shaheen is just thrown in based on U-19 and some PSL performance.

Now obviously if PSL is the Pakistan criteria for selection that is your problem, however using the U-19 WC and other tournaments for personal use is fraud. You are clearly taking advantage.

15 hours ago, First class said:

Yes, standard of Pakistan's FC cricket is not the best in the world, particularly batting standard has been deteriorating for couple of decades thanks to lousy FC structure. But the recent change in FC cricket with only six participating teams and overall improvement in the whole structure has raised the hope of better outcome in coming years. Naseem's six wickets composed of  mostly Pakistan's current and ex test and ODI players including  Sarfraz, Abid ALi, Khrram Manzoor, Fawad and co, on a very flat Faisalabad wicket. He is the most exciting bowling talent emerged from Pakistan since Mohammd Amir , who seemed great in 2010. 

I do not understand how and why Pakistanis start making ridiculous claims of "future ATG" based on a couple of decent domestic performances.  Its the same formula - take a new bowler who takes a few wickets in a couple of games early in his career - multiply that by a "young" age - instant ATG.  Bit like maggi noodles.  

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Jealous of what? in the u-19 wc Mavi and Nagarkoti were better than Shaheen who credit where due was an exciting prospect. However India has a proper structure through which these players come in, on the other hand Shaheen is just thrown in based on U-19 and some PSL performance.

Now obviously if PSL is the Pakistan criteria for selection that is your problem, however using the U-19 WC and other tournaments for personal use is fraud. You are clearly taking advantage.

And, where they stand today, Shahaeen is one of the most sought-after young fast bowler in world cricket today , was one of the star performer in the world cup this year. And, no one has heard anything about Mavi and Nagarkoti lately, faded away already ?  hope not as they were really very talented young fastmen. 

Edited by First class
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I do not understand how and why Pakistanis start making ridiculous claims of "future ATG" based on a couple of decent domestic performances.  Its the same formula - take a new bowler who takes a few wickets in a couple of games early in his career - multiply that by a "young" age - instant ATG.  Bit like maggi noodles.  

I agree , many potential " great young sensations" came and faded away in recent years but I certainly believe this lad is special. I was a fast bowler myself,  although could not make it to the FC level , but know a thing or two about fast bowling. If he did not sustain a career threatening injury , he will be among one of the best  fast bowlers around in 2-3 years. 

29 minutes ago, First class said:

came and faded away in recent years but I certainly believe this lad is special. I was a fast bowler myself,  although could not make it to the FC level , but know a thing or two about fast bowling. If he did not sustain a career threatening injury , he will be among one of the best  fast bowlers around in 2-3 years. 

Care to elaborate what separates him from the other hyped young ones?  Top shelf fast bowlers are a rare breed, and rivalry aside, quality bowlers are to be treasured and deserve respect.  They are part of what makes the game we love so great.  

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Care to elaborate what separates him from the other hyped young ones?  Top shelf fast bowlers are a rare breed, and rivalry aside, quality bowlers are to be treasured and deserve respect.  They are part of what makes the game we love so great.  

Runup, delivery stance, follow through, swing, line, length and pace------------ you cannot find many deficiencies in his bowling. 

https://streamable.com/ndumd

Related imageImage result for naseem shahimage.jpeg.eab0f1f2e4f706c340e89c3740d66093.jpegImage result for naseem shah

Edited by First class