Why are we reluctant to develop or pick the next gen 140 k + pacers ?

17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Porel is trying to bounce out most of his deliveries are short of length intially. there are sligh lateral movement but due to early overs I suppose . However at this speed batsmens are way to comfortable to tackle it.

Porel has slowed down and trundling these days. But in his first Ranji season in one of the matches that was telecasted he was bowling some quick bouncers and had the batsman hopping around on a flat pitch. There were no speed guns in that match but I reckon he was bowling around 135 to early 140's in that match. 

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Porel has slowed down and trundling these days. But in his first Ranji season in one of the matches that was telecasted he was bowling some quick bouncers and had the batsman hopping around on a flat pitch. There were no speed guns in that match but I reckon he was bowling around 135 to early 140's in that match. 

Tendency of Indian pacers which used to bug us in the past,habit of slowing down by a considerable margin after a season or two especially after an injury layoff

Seems ,it has comeback again to haunt us or maybe they have read the recent trend where our honourable selectors had shown their blessings on trundlers,they see it as an opportunity to leap off the page

Tendency of Indian pacers which used to bug us in the past,habit of slowing down by a considerable margin after a season or two especially after an injury layoff
Seems ,it has comeback again to haunt us or maybe they have read the recent trend where our honourable selectors had shown their blessings on trundlers,they see it as an opportunity to leap off the page
There was never any speed gun reading of Porel. He was never fast.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

And Mavi has good stats in both FC and List-A.

Pakistan is going to one extreme of picking kids to the test team from U 19 level without them playing A-team games even.

And we are going to the other extreme of not giving chances to 145 k+ young bowlers in either our A-teams or Deodhar Trophy.
Pakistan is no longer an yardstick for developing pace bowlers.

They are doing what they are.....just because their first class cricket is totally screwed up....

Yes, i agree to the point that we are wasting our bowling talent......

I had high hopes on Hyderabadi young pace bowler and even the selectors backed him....but he seems to have lost it .....he could have destroyed best batting attacks on any pitches....he had pace, bounce, seam, swing and most importantly zip off the pitch....so sad..

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Unadkat  0 for 82 off 10 overs

Kaul  0 for 66 off 8 overs.

Economy rate ,  if you can call it that,  was 8.2 for both these trundling superstars.

How did I miss this match  !!

Watching this trundker spanking is more interesting than Bumrah getting fifers.    :phehe:

Edited by express bowling
8 hours ago, Mosher said:

Porel always looked like a bang average trundler whenever I saw him especially in the u-19 Wc.

I will trust your judgement that he has improved his pace recently as you follow domestics a lot more than me.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Porel always looked like a bang average trundler whenever I saw him especially in the u-19 Wc.

I will trust your judgement that he has improved his pace recently as you follow domestics a lot more than me.

No he is a trundler these days. I was talking about his 1st Ranji season 2017-18 in which he looked quick. @express bowling @rkt.india might remember watching that match too. I think he got injured in the U19 wc and has been bowling slow since then.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What happened to

Shivam Mavi

Tushar Deshpande

Ankit Rajpoot

Why are they not good enough for even the 4th team that is being picked for India  ??  ( India C is the 4th Indian team )

Add to this injuries to Saini, Prasidh and Nagarkoti .... and this has made this tournament a trundler circle jerk.

i wud have even loved to see thampi, kulwant, asif..even aaron instead of these trundlers