All They Were Doing Was Getting Anushka Sharma Cups of Tea at World Cup: Farookh Engineer

38 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

First of all, chivalry is dead. Even if rat is chivalrous he should give her jewels, chocolates or flowers instead of the whole team posing for her. rat resembles stalin and lenin of ussr and anushka marx and engels

Not talking about Virat. I am talking about whoever brought her that 'cup of tea figuratively speaking 

Edited by jf1gp_1
1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Not talking about Virat. I am talking about whoever brought her that 'cup of tea figuratively speaking 

I do think theres a difference. Difference between being nice to someone and behaving like a servant. Also, this gorgeous lady is married, and ideally within the circle of gentlemen, such niceties should be left for the husband. He can serve tea to his wife and thats totally acceptable!

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

huh... so all the men criticizing Anuskha are telling me never in their life have they done anything chivalrous for a beautiful woman ?

Not about chivalry here.

It is about yielding power and chamchagiri ....and what is believed to be the route to the the powerful .

Did they bring tea for the other ladies present? Anyone offered chai to anyone else's wife?

I guess not.

38 minutes ago, Lannister said:

This old man just made sure Anushka will not be part of dressing room from now onwards, unless she's looking for a trouble again. We need more such statements from former players, though he cowardly backed down after the initial statement. Puss. 

The old man probably got some heat.

But ex cricketers don't just say things like this out of the blue. There has to be some basis to this .

This is one thing one admires about Dhoni. He never let wife or wives club influence things.

4 hours ago, beetle said:

Not about chivalry here.

It is about yielding power and chamchagiri ....and what is believed to be the route to the the powerful .

Did they bring tea for the other ladies present? Anyone offered chai to anyone else's wife?

I guess not.

You think anyone offering chai to nupur is news ?

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I do think theres a difference. Difference between being nice to someone and behaving like a servant. Also, this gorgeous lady is married, and ideally within the circle of gentlemen, such niceties should be left for the husband. He can serve tea to his wife and thats totally acceptable!

Lovely. So basically no one can offer your wife a seat in a public gathering or transport BUT you ?

40 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

You think anyone offering chai to nupur is news ?

But did they offer her?

Why not if the other one was offered?

How is virat's wife any different from any other players wife for the selectors?

Why should they even be getting tea for someone in the team or their family?

The selectors may not be of the same stature as virat...but they are higher in hierarchy.  

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Please understand the context! 

I do. Yes i also understand bringing tea was a figure of speak.  My point is what farookh saw as flattery could have been interpreted very different than say you or me.  Anushka will always get a raw deal because she is a well known independent woman.  

6 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I do. Yes i also understand bringing tea was a figure of speak.  My point is what farookh saw as flattery could have been interpreted very different than say you or me.  Anushka will always get a raw deal because she is a well known independent woman.  

When you are a man of position, you need to maintain your body language and behaviour. There are ethics to be maintained. A selector serving tea to the team captains wife sends out very wrong signals, whether you want to believe or not!

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

But did they offer her?

Why not if the other one was offered?

How is virat's wife any different from any other players wife for the selectors?

Why should they even be getting tea for someone in the team or their family?

The selectors may not be of the same stature as virat...but they are higher in hierarchy.  

See there is the bias.

One is choosing to believe a masala news article then Anushkas reponse and farookh's explanation. 

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

When you are a man of position, you need to maintain your body language and behaviour. There are ethics to be maintained. A selector serving tea to the team captains wife sends out very wrong signals, whether you want to believe or not!

Have you even been invited with family by your boss or bosses boss to any kind of social event ? what is your interpretation of situation when he is courteous to your spouse or you to his ?

10 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

See there is the bias.

One is choosing to believe a masala news article then Anushkas reponse and farookh's explanation. 

That is because it is highly unlikely for an explayer to say something like this out of the blue.

As for Anushkha....this is not the first time time she has been in such a controversy. It is for Virat and her to make sure it does not happen.

Besides it is  not for Anushka to answer...but the selectors to answer why they felt they needed to serve tea to the Indian captain's wife.....if they actually did that.

Edited by beetle
44 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Have you even been invited with family by your boss or bosses boss to any kind of social event ? what is your interpretation of situation when he is courteous to your spouse or you to his ?

A cricket match is not his personal party or invitation. You have got it all wrong. I see no point in discussing this when your basic context is so off. 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:33 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

there is more intent under him then before 

no arguments there...compared to the listless test cricket we played under Dhoni post 2011 WC onwards, Kohli is a 100x improvement. But problem is that Dhoni had set the bar so low that i am willing to wager that ANYONE would have been an improvement after him.

Kohli is mediocre as a test captain - we need to aspire for better if we have to become a dominant world beating team. Both Rohit and Rahane strike me as more measured, inspirational figures (Kohli intimidates, which is different from inspiring) who can get more out of players and nurture youth -> a critical aspect of any captain's job where Kohli is a failure thus far.