RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

24 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Has any of the young talents played an Anustup like innings this season? I know Sarfaraz has scored a lot of runs but don't think they were in difficult batting conditions. Who is the next solid test bat coming through the ranks?

Sarfaraz got a good double hundred against Himachal when his team was struggling in Dharamsala in seaming conditions. Other impressive innings I have seen was from Mohammad Saif for UP against Karnataka. This guy is good technically for MO. Has had a very good season.

41 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Sarfaraz got a good double hundred against Himachal when his team was struggling in Dharamsala in seaming conditions. Other impressive innings I have seen was from Mohammad Saif for UP against Karnataka. This guy is good technically for MO. Has had a very good season.

Sarfaraz has always been technically good since u19. 

14 hours ago, Stutter said:

This is the type of back-to-the-wall efforts Team India needs right now and hope those in the team following the scores take inspiration. 

For Anustup though, the India cap was always a stretch. Given that he even compromised on job safety of Railways to pursue the dream at Bengal, he would be proud of his efforts at this stage of his career at the biggest stage in Indian domestic cricket. With his background, he does have a future in coaching.

With Paddikal out of form and Karun without too many runs to his name, this will be an interesting day tomorrow. 

Huehuehue ... if and when he does go into coaching (unless he decides to revive his clerical job at Railways, who knows), and if he then does something contrary to the opinion of armchair "experts" , ICF will be flooded with posts to the tune of "who dis guy? Played only handphul of FC matchez for Bengal and Railways, average only 37, reeeeee"

54 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Nair has been the biggest let down , had he not played for India he would have been dropped by now  . 

Nair never looked convincing beyond domestics.  He has a pretty ordinary show in multiple A tours. That triple hundred against Eng was more of a chance as opposed relfecting his first class numbers. 

37 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Nair never looked convincing beyond domestics.  He has a pretty ordinary show in multiple A tours. That triple hundred against Eng was more of a chance as opposed relfecting his first class numbers. 

Never rated him much , he did well to score big on Ranji / Irani finals in one season , but apart from that he struggles big time on helpful pitches even in domestic cricket . I still think the way he was discarded from national team was unfair , but dont think he would have been a long term option .

At this point , he does not deserve a spot even in Karnataka side 

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Never rated him much , he did well to score big on Ranji / Irani finals in one season , but apart from that he struggles big time on helpful pitches even in domestic cricket . I still think the way he was discarded from national team was unfair , but dont think he would have been a long term option .

At this point , he does not deserve a spot even in Karnataka side 

I agree with you on the mistreatment. He would have got more chances had he been associated with Mumbai or Kohli or CSK.

They let them score from 90-6 to 300 in the first innings and rightly been knocked out. Captain Nair should take the blame. 

Anyways, good season for Karnataka winning two tournaments and reaching semis in Ranjis. Devdutt and Prasidh are among the best youngsters from this season.