Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Not a trundler. He is 18 and one of the quickest u19 pacer currently.

I am going by the video posted. There were no speed guns and it looked like the ball was sitting up nicely. All shots were wild mistimed slogs due to ineptness of the batsmen, didn’t look like they were beaten by pace or bounce. The last wicket that was bowled was a clear hoick by probably the tailender. May be he has had other good spells

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I am going by the video posted. There were no speed guns and it looked like the ball was sitting up nicely. All shots were wild mistimed slogs due to ineptness of the batsmen, didn’t look like they were beaten by pace or bounce. The last wicket that was bowled was a clear hoick by probably the tailender. May be he has had other good spells

Ball was sitting up because of the sluggish pitch. 

I don’t go by speed gun readings unless someone is genuinely 145+ on an average.

good bowlers have that zip which you can spot. Someone like Broad is a more dangerous bowler than say a Kane Richardson and he bowls 4-5 clicks slower. Would a batsman face an Anderson or a Dinda bowling 140ks.

I noticed this zip in only 3 bowlers last w-t20, Mavi, Nagarkotti and Afridi.

I still have some hope for Khaleel is because I still see he has that ability, needs guidance and mentoring.

Deepak Chahar despite being a trundler in pace has got that too.

I really fear we are going to come crashing down soon. While there are talented pacers out there there is no transition or backup plan.

Siraj and Saini should have been playing against Bangladesh and even WI. 

I guess it’s a double edged sword, I mean Ishant and Umesh deserved to get their averages up and everyone deserves a good stats padding. 

However Bumrah could have been rested for one test in WI and Shami could have been rested a couple of games here and there.

Edited by maniac

SHIVAM MAVI

The real deal !

Combining pace, bounce, big inswing and away seam movement  !

https://www.iplt20.com/video/127134/castled-mavi-s-perfect-yorker-to-munro

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/vivo-ipl-2018/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-delhi-daredevils-m186514/match-clips/young-mavi-ends-gambhirs-stay/2002003468

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Don’t forget the fact he is a gun fielder and handy with the bat. Now that’s a 3D cricketer 

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

I don’t go by speed gun readings unless someone is genuinely 145+ on an average.

good bowlers have that zip which you can spot. Someone like Broad is a more dangerous bowler than say a Kane Richardson and he bowls 4-5 clicks slower. Would a batsman face an Anderson or a Dinda bowling 140ks.

I still have some hope for Khaleel is because I still see he has that ability, needs guidance and mentoring.

No one bowls 145 plus on average. Not even Starc or Archer.

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

Regarding pace comparison, Anderson isn't slow. In his youth, he was 90 mph. Regarding Kane Richardson, he isn't quicker than Anderson. You are comparing 37 year old Anderson to young bowlers which does not work in ideal world. Same way broad is as quick Richardson. A young Anderson was as quick as any in the world. A young Broad bowled 90 mph as well. You dont become current broad and Anderson at 20 years of age. They have a dozen years of experience behind them. At a young age, it is the pace that helps a young pacer survive and there is no substitute of pace.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, maniac said:

True  !

I too look for atleast 3 factors regarding zip and bounce.

1)   Zip off the deck ... for all lengths ... good, fuller, short of a length and short.

2)  Ability to get the ball to rear up from just short of a length.

3)  Having a good bouncer ... with zip, steep bounce and direction.

Bumrah and Shami have all 3 qualities.

Umesh has developed points 1 and 3 in 2019 ... hence this success.  Point 2 is still not there most of the time.

Saini has 1 and 3.  But, even within 1, he usually lacks zip off his fuller balls.

Prasidh has 1 and 2.  Not sure about 3.

Avesh has all 3 points.

Mavi probably has all 3 qualities mentioned in bold above.

Nagarkoti has 1 and 3.

Khaleel has points 2 and 3.  

Point 1 is there too but he often lacks zip off his fullish deliveries.

Only off his good length balls. That too, not consistently.

Edited by express bowling
24 minutes ago, S_pace said:

@rkt.india How do you get these videos? Do you follow each one of them on Instagram or they appear on your explore page.

And can you find the videos of Sabir khan - Bihar pacer who played for India u19.

Some on explore, some I followm I try to follow all potential fast bowlers. I actually track them through u23, u16 and u19 domestic tournaments.