Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umran Malik has been dropped from.thd 2nd Unofficial Test match for trundler Porel.

I think we should close all these Speed threads and Fast bowling threads and start selling bananas to the monkeys who are taking these decisions. There are so many such monkeys that we will be rich in no time.

I raised this point just today, if the fast bowler doesnt get results, he is easily replaced by a trundler who can give control & 1-2 wickets here and there.. Exactly what has happened here, this puts a lot more pressure on fast bowlers to take wickets & in the process go for runs.. Support system & culture should change with respect to managing quick bowlers.. 

On 11/30/2021 at 2:14 PM, express bowling said:

Umran Malik has been dropped from.thd 2nd Unofficial Test match for trundler Porel.

I think we should close all these Speed threads and Fast bowling threads and start selling bananas to the monkeys who are taking these decisions. There are so many such monkeys that we will be rich in no time.

Best option for him is to perform really well in IPL, his team has retained him. So most probably will get to play max matches. Show the world what ur capable of. And then get into the white ball team and finally in tests 

1 minute ago, Sgattick10 said:

Best option for him is to perform really well in IPL, his team has retained him. So most probably will get to play max matches. Show the world what ur capable of. And then get into the white ball team and finally in tests 

Problem is Umran is very inexperienced with leather ball. He was a tennis ball bowler. How quickly he learns is important. He has been prone ygo for lot of runs in the little domestic cricket he has played. They have retained looking at the long term future as this might be the last big auction in IPL history.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Problem is Umran is very inexperienced with leather ball. He was a tennis ball bowler. How quickly he learns is important. He has been prone ygo for lot of runs in the little domestic cricket he has played. They have retained looking at the long term future as this might be the last big auction in IPL history.

One thing I really like about Umran is that he does not spray the ball like many tearaway quick does.

He gets hit sometimes because he is short for a fast bowler. His height is probably 5'10" or 5'9". The way out is to bowl hard lengths and hit the splice of the bat ... and combining with yorkers, bouncers and slower balls. (  talking about non-death overs )

Edited by express bowling
44 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One thing I really like about Umran is that he does not spray the ball like many tearaway quick does.

He gets hit sometimes because he is short for a fast bowler. His height is probably 5'10" or 5'9". The way out is to bowl hard lengths and hit the splice of the bat ... and combining with yorkers, bouncers and slower balls. (  talking about non-death overs )

It's difficult for round arm bowlers to get extra bounce from hard length.

On Tue Nov 30 2021 at 2:14 PM, express bowling said:

Hasn't been dropped I think but they will rotate him with Saini I think for 3rd game.  May play limited overs one day games as well.   But this ideally was a pitch which had some pace in it for him.  Nagwaswalla looked useless here. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hasn't been dropped I think but they will rotate him with Saini I think for 3rd game.  May play limited overs one day games as well.   But this ideally was a pitch which had some pace in it for him.  Nagwaswalla looked useless here. 

Because Umran Malik has the highest ceiling, he should have played all 3 games and the other 3 rotated. 

Moreover, like you said, this pitch was ideal for Umran.

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Because Umran Malik has the highest ceiling, he should have played all 3 games and the other 3 rotated. 

Moreover, like you said, this pitch was ideal for Umran.

Don't think he has fitness to play back to back four day games.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

The trick is to bowl on the shorter half of good length for short pacers or round arm pacers with high pace ... while bowling with the white ball which is not moving much. 

I have noticed most of round armers basically sc ones bowling with crossed seam to further limit themselves from extracting any bounce

[mention=3751]rkt.india[/mention]
 [mention=8417]express bowling[/mention]
 [mention=21046]Mosher[/mention]

I think [mention=3751]rkt.india[/mention]
ou may have posted it before,who is he? His action is little dodgy ,what do you see here?

Vasu Vats, that’s one of the balls, in other videos his action seems fine, the video quality is not great and is shaky too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk