Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

17 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I is quite clear,these mediocre selectors have very very low IQ

Yes

17 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

And they have a perception slow low pace gives control and batsmen these days can be controlled even if you fail to pick wickets:phehe: ,this is no English conditions

How does control work in test cricket, if no wickets are picked   :phehe:

Raj , Bihar, UP, MP and JK looks to be hot bed for high pace bowlers.

So many of them coming from these states,  they should look to move to other states' teams.

Other state boards (Teams from NE and few other with no such high pace bowlers) should be open to play them as professionals may be for 2/3 seasons depending upon their needs, this will help local talent pool as well with the competition and doing this will automatically weed-out the trundlers 

I liked the move made by Arjun Tendulkar rather than warming the benches he is able to play some cricket at highest domestic level. I think Sarfaraj did the same when he move to MP I believe.

7 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Man I hv got addicted to this thread..keep checking every now and then..

why cant we producing 145+ bowler every day in a country of billions..haha

We can produce, problem is with lack of motivation.

When the team is filled up with Trundlers and Trundlers are promoted even in domestics.....why would someone hurt their body by trying to bowl fast.

Pakistan promotes their quick bowlers, infact they first choose their quick bowlers and then work on increasing their skill set. However in India, we first focus on line length accuracy and then on pace. Even likes of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are backing whatever pacers they have instead of Trundlers.

See the pages on ESPNcricinfo or Cricbuzz, everyone is covering Indian batters but you will hardly find an article on the quicks. When a Tilak Verma or Sai Sudarshan (Hypothetical scenario) scores a 100, it will be immediately highlighted...but when a bowler takes 5fer or 7fer, you won't find any article unless you check their insta feed.

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

We can produce, problem is with lack of motivation.

When the team is filled up with Trundlers and Trundlers are promoted even in domestics.....why would someone hurt their body by trying to bowl fast.

Pakistan promotes their quick bowlers, infact they first choose their quick bowlers and then work on increasing their skill set. However in India, we first focus on line length accuracy and then on pace. Even likes of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are backing whatever pacers they have instead of Trundlers.

There are  also other reasons  to Pakistan success   . First they are pretty good in spotting talent and nurturing them . For example to find Harris Rauf , they  had  taken trail of more than 5000  fast bowlers at local city level . Even then he was bowling at just 140kmh . Now he is clocking at 150kmh . So what happens in between ? . Aquab Javed mention himself that they made a diet plan for  Harris to increase muscle mass  so he can increase his pace . Then he was sent to Australia to train and play further cricket . That's how he was spotted by Melbourne stars. 

Another invention of Pakistan is tape ball cricket . Which promotes swing , bowling fast at  root level . I hardly heard anyone in India using tape ball to better grip the ball   , pace and swing . So all and all there is not that level of culture which Pakistan have in terms of bowling . 

https://youtube.com/shorts/-v9sACsB1Rg?feature=share

Akhin Sathar, 20 year fast bowler from Kerala playing u25. He is probably the best outswing bowler I have seen in domestic cricket recently. Has a very strong action. Pace looks 135ish, may get quicker. If this guy can hit high 130s to low 140s in the next two years, he can be a very handy bowler with that outswing. This is the kind of stuff i like more that makes a complete bowler, hitting 140s and swinging the ball.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-v9sACsB1Rg?feature=share

Akhin Sathar, 20 year fast bowler from Kerala playing u25. He is probably the best outswing bowler I have seen in domestic cricket recently. Has a very strong action. Pace looks 135ish, may get quicker. If this guy can hit high 130s to low 140s in the next two years, he can be a very handy bowler with that outswing. This is the kind of stuff i like more that makes a complete bowler, hitting 140s and swinging the ball.

visually he looks like his peak speed is already 140+ and beautiful outswing too. if he can up his pace by 2-3 kph, preserve outswing, and add some inswing he can be deadly.

Edited by Vijy