Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

17 year old Rajvardhan Hengargekar also bowling quick now, did play for India u19 last year, might be a wc candidate next time.

is the concept of u-15 and u-17 squads and tourneys still around? if so, I am wondering if there are any exciting prospects for next u-19 WC like Hengargekar .

On 1/26/2020 at 8:11 AM, Vijy said:

is the concept of u-15 and u-17 squads and tourneys still around? if so, I am wondering if there are any exciting prospects for next u-19 WC like Hengargekar .

Yes u14, u16. 

There are some prospects like Aqib Khan, kunal tyagi, Golam Mustafa, Hengargekar that i know about for next  u19 WC.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

If Porel gets a International cap, I will love to read comments on speed watch thread from @express bowling bhai  @Mosher @Suhaan and mumbai bulleybaaz @vishalvirsingh bhai 

:hmm:

We don't dislike Porel at all.

He has height and bounce ... so, he is not a trundler per se.

But we want him to get quicker.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

We don't dislike Porel at all.

He has height and bounce ... so, he is not a trundler per se.

But we want him to get quicker.

Maybe he has improved but what little I saw of him in domestics + WC he looked like a trundler (even though he was supposedly carrying an injury)

He does have skills though but then again so does Chahar who doesn’t get a lot of love.

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

He does have skills though but then again so does Chahar who doesn’t get a lot of love.

Chahar and Porel are very different types of bowlers.

Actually, D.Chahar has very limited range of skills. He does not have the ability to hit the deck hard for bounce and seam movement.  Nor does he have the ability to attack the stumps with skiddy quick balls on slow surfaces. This makes him a very one dimensional bowler who is dependent on either conventional swing or slower balls. And the ball hardly swings conventionally these days, after the first 4 overs or so. Slower balls are effective mostly in T20s and end overs of ODIs. 

What is the point of such one dimensional bowlers, especially for Asian teams who play more than 60% of their matches on slower surfaces !!

Porel can hit the deck hard for bounce and seam movement  ... and this makes him a more versatile bowler.  But if he is just medium pace then even his utility would be limited once the novelty factor wears off.   

The only Asian pacer who has done well as a medium pacer has been Md.Asif. But then again he had height and bounce. And he did not have a long enough career. Played just 6 tests in Asia. So we don't really know whether he could have sustained this.