Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

Min hight for US -Army is same 5 or 5'3 but that for mainly tech. staff and Armymen from certain region/corps.

Generally foot soldier has to be nearly 6 

I don't think so. I have some relatives of 5'6 or so who entered the actual corps

On 2/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, tapandrun said:

Min hight for US -Army is same 5 or 5'3 but that for mainly tech. staff and Armymen from certain region/corps.

Not really. My family most are all tall. My uncle is in the Indian army and he is 6'4 but average height he said is 5'8 in the army and this common in India and even in Australia 5'9 is average for army. 

America around the same. 

Edited by speedracer
2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I don't think so. I have some relatives of 5'6 or so who entered the actual corps

Agreed. Seen plenty of midgets. Been to my kids school though and I have seen so many tall INDIAN kids. Taller than Aussie kids too. Not even lying. On average the Indian kids especially punjabi, tamil and Telugu ones I see in schools are much taller on average in Australia. Could be different in India but I am certain many are taller these days 

Edited by speedracer
1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Agreed. Seen plenty of midgets. Been to my kids school though and I have seen so many tall INDIAN kids. Taller than Aussie kids too. Not even lying. On average the Indian kids especially punjabi, tamil and Telugu ones I see in schools are much taller on average in Australia. Could be different in India but I am certain many are taller these days 

Kids are taller these days,quite taller in India

On 2/24/2023 at 5:59 PM, tapandrun said:

I am in the us army . No height restrictions in any core except pilots . Many women are barely 5 feet . Dunno where you are getting your stats from . 

On 1/16/2023 at 7:13 PM, Mesky99 said:

He had similar skill set to Ishant, probably needed to get a bit stronger, but he should have played ahead or picked ahead of Mithun for the sl series in 2010, this was about the same time when Abu nechim ahmed was doing well, dinda to should have played test cricket, parwinder Awana another, so tyagi, Awana, nechim, natu Singh, pankaj Singh, Kamran Khan all these potential international quality pacers were destroyed, we went with trundlers pk, Vinay, munaf.

Abu Nechim was 140 to 145K with good control over line n length- he was way faster than all trundlers and used to get wickets regularly as he was accurate too- on Merits , no one could stop him playing for INDIA ( at least a few games) , even he did well in IPL for a short time.

DINDA was good for 1 year or so when he was consistently 140K and getting lot of domestic wickets - he had to play tests and i guess ishant and shammi were picked ahead of him- he should have also got few tests atleast. Ganguly rated him highly.

kamran was called for throwing and i guess that spoilt his career.

Awana was played in a few t20's for India and he flopped.

sudip tyagi had fitness issues which spoilt his career.

i feel Prasidh is very talented but his fitness is not good , i feel he is a bit weak and so i guess he wont make it big in international cricket.

not sure about Mohsin's fitness but some thing is wrong with his fitness too otherwise he would have been playing in IPL regularly.

ONly fast bowler who looks one level up is Umraan

He is genuinely truly talented.

what is happening to him. why cant BCCI hire a ZAK or a NEHRA or a steyn to coach him with extra focus and ensure he gets a little more control over his line n length,

i have seen his 148K balls which look 153K ..i mean he looks faster than he is recorded. 

whats hapening to him or IS he becoming another Varun aroon.

On 5/15/2023 at 1:28 PM, singhvivek141 said:

Avinash Singh from RCB...has same runup and action like Umran.
Not yet measured on speed guns but he seems "genuinely fast" as per the limited videos available.

he has been measured on speed gun by RCB coaches and is supposed to be clocking 145+ on the handheld speed guns. 

Edited by rkt.india
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

he has been measured on speed gun by RCB coaches and is supposed to be clocking 145+ on the handheld speed guns. 

Even Rajan Kumar from Haridwar is pacy 140+ left arm pacer is with RCB..I am assuming RCB mgmt is grooming him and Avinash for next year's IPL...though it depends all on their progress..he is taller than ABD from the pic:

https://khelnow.com/cricket/exclusive-rajan-kumar-hopeful-rcb-ipl-2023