Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

9 hours ago, AKane said:

Man ... I get where all you guys are coming from.

However I am also getting tired about crying about the pitch used in the WC final. Who made the pitch? Us. All of us - including the players and even including - god forbid - Shami and Bumrah.

Who made the Cape Town pitch? SA. They dug a ditch and fell in it themselves. Serves them right. 

Who made the WC finals pitch? India. We dug a ditch and fell in it ourselves. Serves us right.

That’s exactly i am saying and its not bowlers its Dravid and Sharma precisely ever since they took charge they are doing this shitty business. Its not crying its blatant corruption carried out by TM which cost us wc final. I can guarantee had aussies batted first they would have crumbled much worst than the first encounter and whole world , gora media would have cried since eternity like they started crying before sf till final.

Edited by raki05
13 hours ago, AKane said:

Man ... I get where all you guys are coming from.

However I am also getting tired about crying about the pitch used in the WC final. Who made the pitch? Us. All of us - including the players and even including - god forbid - Shami and Bumrah.

Who made the Cape Town pitch? SA. They dug a ditch and fell in it themselves. Serves them right. 

Who made the WC finals pitch? India. We dug a ditch and fell in it ourselves. Serves us right.

They were playing an elaborate game in which they were counting on opposition sides to falter at the toss.

Pakistan batted first after the thrashing in the Asia Cup and the backlash after bowling first and losing by 220 odd runs. 

Australia have a reputation of batting first in finals .

I think they were counting on Aussies looking to bat first if they won.

Unfortunately , unlike past Aussie sides , the Cummins-McDonald duo are a very process driven pair believe in meticulous preparation and had analysed the pitch to a T and were not easily spooked unlike England and Pakistan. 

Backfired massively. 

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Unfortunately , unlike past Aussie sides , the Cummins-McDonald duo are a very process driven pair believe in meticulous preparation and had analysed the pitch to a T and were not easily spooked unlike England and Pakistan. 

This they certainly did... Cummins was not just looking at the pitch but taking pictures at intervals - like in the morning, afternoon etc the day before the match  and prolly sending it to curators in Aus who were looking at the pictures and figuring out the pitch character. Oh yes they were prepared for shenaningans like this. They might even have had a strategy to bat/bowl on this pitch figured out if they batted first.

15 minutes ago, AKane said:

This they certainly did... Cummins was not just looking at the pitch but taking pictures at intervals - like in the morning, afternoon etc the day before the match  and prolly sending it to curators in Aus who were looking at the pictures and figuring out the pitch character. Oh yes they were prepared for shenaningans like this. They might even have had a strategy to bat/bowl on this pitch figured out if they batted first.

They didn't need any external advice,the SF pitch gave them adequate practice .

Was just going thru Ranji scorecards in cricinfo..found Suraj Sindhu Jaisawal…Bengal player..24 years..very small sample size but looks like cud be good AR with the numbers given..just got 6 wkts..

they hvnt even kisyed whatbtype of bowler he is..but seems to me a medium fast bowler..

is anyone aware about him?

Edited by Need4Speed
19 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Was just going thru Ranji scorecards in cricinfo..found Suraj Sindhu Jaisawal…Bengal player..24 years..very small sample size but looks like cud be good AR with the numbers given..just got 6 wkts..

they hvnt even kisyed whatbtype of bowler he is..but seems to me a medium fast bowler..

is anyone aware about him?

https://www.bcci.tv/video/5561559/ranji-trophy--202324-uttar-pradesh-vs-bengal-day-1-match-highlights

Check here,looks medium pace.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Did not look quick in this video.

Similar clip of Mayank Yadav. It's difficult to gauge unless a batsman is batting or under speedometer. But I found bowling in that clip quite sharp.

Edited by rkt.india
10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Did not look quick in this video.

yes, looks like a typical fast-medium bowler, maybe on the faster end of fast-medium but not fast as such

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

Hope he plays for India..very smooth run up and action.How tall are you bro @rkt.india hoping he also gets good height.

Height is what I am also looking for. I will only pursue his cricket seriously further if he has good enough height. He is 13 and a half now with about 1 inch shorter than me. Next two years are important for height growth. 13-15 is when kids grow the highest. I am 175 cm. I want him to be at least 180-185 which is quite possible.

Edited by rkt.india
10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Height is what I am also looking for. I will only pursue his cricket seriously further if he has good enough height. He is 13 and a half now with about 1 inch shorter than me. Next two years are important for height growth. 13-15 is when kids grow the highest.  am 175 cm. I want him to be at least 180-185 which is quite possible.

Good luck bro. Good luck to your child. Hope he achieves his dream

Don't stifle his dream for height reasons alone.