Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

10 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

If Porel gets a International cap, I will love to read comments on speed watch thread from @express bowling bhai  @Mosher @Suhaan and mumbai bulleybaaz @vishalvirsingh bhai 

:hmm:

No comments on speed watch thread haha.

Porel is a good talent. He is no short trundler. What he lacks in pace he makes it up by getting good bounce. Can seam the ball both ways. But hope he adds a bit of pace and bowls around 135-140. Skillful bowler.

11 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

If Porel gets a International cap, I will love to read comments on speed watch thread from @express bowling bhai  @Mosher @Suhaan and mumbai bulleybaaz @vishalvirsingh bhai 

Porel is a nice prospect baba,i have seen him use his height to his advantage with his current pace,so it tells he uses his brain while bowling,as many of them have said just needs to increase his pace by a yard or two to be more effective

If someone like Porel can bowl 135 k to 145 k then he can be an awesome all condition bowler with his height, bounce, seam movement and knack of picking wickets.

He is still young and this is what he should aim for ... rather than squeeze into the side bowling 130 k ... and then have his position questioned the moment he has a couple of bad games.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If someone like Porel can bowl 135 k to 145 k then he can be an awesome all condition bowler with his height, bounce, seam movement and knack of picking wickets.

He is still young and this is what he should aim for ... rather than squeeze into the side bowling 130 k ... and then have his position questioned the moment he has a couple of bad games.

He knows this and wants to improve his pace. This is what he said in a interview with CI,

"For a year, he worked on his fitness in his own way. Running. Not in air-conditioned gyms, but from his home in Chandannagar to the railway station, a 30-minute journey, with his kit resting on his shoulders. From there, he'd board a train to Howrah and then take a bus to Salt Lake or Eden Gardens. On his way home, he'd repeat the run back.

"For one year, I worked on my fitness without going to the gym. Just running, some hand and shoulder exercises, good diet," Porel says. "I wanted to prove I could bowl fast. In my first year at NCA, batsmen used to hit me all over the park. It hurt me that I was classified as medium-fast. I wanted to be 'Ishan Porel, fast' or Ishan Porel, fast-medium'. That was my goal."

"Ranji Trophy teaches you patience," he says. "I have been in the circuit for three years. No two wickets have been the same. You can't bowl the same way in Eden like you do in Bangalore or Hubli. I hadn't figured this out earlier, but playing domestic cricket allows you to learn on your own and figure things out.

"Back of a length isn't something you can bowl on good tracks in India, and that is my natural strength because of my height. So I've learnt to bowl up, swing the ball. Earlier, I used to do it at 130kph. Now, I'm close to 140. That has also made a difference."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28408022/how-ishan-porel-medium-fast-became-ishan-porel-fast

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

No comments on speed watch thread haha.

Porel is a good talent. He is no short trundler. What he lacks in pace he makes it up by getting good bounce. Can seam the ball both ways. But hope he adds a bit of pace and bowls around 135-140. Skillful bowler.

He looks a bit showoff to me.....he celebrate after taking wkts as if he is getting out atg on every ball and that cringy john cena celebration. What's up with this cringy celebration now a days why can't they react normal like shami/bumrah. 

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

He knows this and wants to improve his pace. This is what he said in a interview with CI,

"For a year, he worked on his fitness in his own way. Running. Not in air-conditioned gyms, but from his home in Chandannagar to the railway station, a 30-minute journey, with his kit resting on his shoulders. From there, he'd board a train to Howrah and then take a bus to Salt Lake or Eden Gardens. On his way home, he'd repeat the run back.

"For one year, I worked on my fitness without going to the gym. Just running, some hand and shoulder exercises, good diet," Porel says. "I wanted to prove I could bowl fast. In my first year at NCA, batsmen used to hit me all over the park. It hurt me that I was classified as medium-fast. I wanted to be 'Ishan Porel, fast' or Ishan Porel, fast-medium'. That was my goal."

"Ranji Trophy teaches you patience," he says. "I have been in the circuit for three years. No two wickets have been the same. You can't bowl the same way in Eden like you do in Bangalore or Hubli. I hadn't figured this out earlier, but playing domestic cricket allows you to learn on your own and figure things out.

"Back of a length isn't something you can bowl on good tracks in India, and that is my natural strength because of my height. So I've learnt to bowl up, swing the ball. Earlier, I used to do it at 130kph. Now, I'm close to 140. That has also made a difference."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28408022/how-ishan-porel-medium-fast-became-ishan-porel-fast

It's good that he wants to be fast ... but is Porel getting proper guidance  ?

His action has a few issues which will be difficult to rectify later ... and is he training his fast twitch muscle fibres enough  ?  Long distance running, as mentioned above, won't achieve this. 

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

He looks a bit showoff to me.....he celebrate after taking wkts as if he is getting out atg on every ball and that cringy john cena celebration. What's up with this cringy celebration now a days why can't they react normal like shami/bumrah. 

Yeah it's extremely childish and cringe worthy.

Coming to his bowling, as others have said he gets extra bounce from length and has that zip on his fuller deliveries. So even if he may not be fastest he causes problems, especially due to his accuracy he is always at it. Good new ball prospect but needs to work on death bowling for LOIs.

20 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

That's good dear.

He is shrewd medium pacer and I love his bounce too but his pace skills are not most impressive.

I like tushar and mohd asif..they are pacy but not tall so they need to be 145k to make impact at highest level.

To play for any one format for india one has to be among best 6 pacers. 

It's tough as even umesh and Deepak chahar have done well apart from shammi ishant saini bumrah ...bhuvi can also come back. Shardul n dube are competing with hardik ..its tough competition going on.

Prasidh and siraj could be better than him.

21 minutes ago, Mosher said:

I saw a bit of highlights and Aaquib was clocking 111-124 on these speed guns. The left arm fast bowler Dayal looked a lot quicker and was clocking around 125-130. He bowled a few good short balls.

Bro, Aquib Khan looked slow visually too. 

Don't think he will cross 130 k as of today ... but he is young.