Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bro, Aquib Khan looked slow visually too. 

Don't think he will cross 130 k as of today ... but he is young.

I don't know...the last couple of wickets of his were damn quick on the eye but registered just 124, ...even many deliveries of Rajput was in the range of 118-125. I wouldn't take those speeds for gospel

Just now, Vickydev said:

I don't know...the last couple of wickets of his were damn quick on the eye but registered just 124, ...even many deliveries of Rajput was in the range of 118-125. I wouldn't take those speeds for gospel

The speed guns used for Ranji Trophy are clocking much lower speeds compared to those used in international matches.

Pacers who bowl 135 k to 145 k are bowling around 130 k to 140 k. 

This may lead us to assume that speeds shown are lesser by around 5 kph or thereabouts.

But a ball shown as 124 k won't be higher than 130 k in all probability.

Rajpoot used to regularly clock upto 137 k or 138 k under these slower speedguns. Now bowling much slower.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:46 PM, rkt.india said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B76SDHKnJ-XySTIYJFcM487TJjklsEA34InUWU0/?igshid=1sus8zh8b6onf

Andhra has found another good pacer, 21 year old Mohd Rafi.

Just saw highlights of Andhra vs Gujarat. This guy looks good. Tall fast bowler hits the pitch hard and gets good bounce. 

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/ranji-trophy/gujarat-vs-andhra-m700198/match-clips/replay-gujarat-vs-andhra-day-4/1440006602

Don't know why Instagram videos are not being embedded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8l26IMHLXjG5ZV1rCvIO6R5u5kDUyvib1kWOA0/

4 hours ago, Mosher said:

Just saw highlights of Andhra vs Gujarat. This guy looks good. Tall fast bowler hits the pitch hard and gets good bounce. 

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/ranji-trophy/gujarat-vs-andhra-m700198/match-clips/replay-gujarat-vs-andhra-day-4/1440006602

Don't know why Instagram videos are not being embedded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8l26IMHLXjG5ZV1rCvIO6R5u5kDUyvib1kWOA0/

Not embedding recently

Wanted to discuss Nagarkoti's bowling action and the changes he made. I will post screenshots.  Some said he has become more front on which isn't the case as this screenshot from DY patil will show.

His backfoot is parallel to the crease, back knee is bent making angle 45 degrees or more. It makes him a knee dominant bowler. In short, he is side on, so not front on.

Screenshot_20200410-232656.png

Edited by rkt.india

He is knee dominant so he will not become a front on bowler. Front on or semi front on bowlers are all hip dominant bowlers. Example Bumrah and Saini are  hip dominant. Ishant, Umesh and Shami are knee dominant.

Edited by rkt.india
On 11/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, maniac said:

I really fear we are going to come crashing down soon. While there are talented pacers out there there is no transition or backup plan.

Siraj and Saini should have been playing against Bangladesh and even WI. 

I guess it’s a double edged sword, I mean Ishant and Umesh deserved to get their averages up and everyone deserves a good stats padding. 

However Bumrah could have been rested for one test in WI and Shami could have been rested a couple of games here and there.

Umesh was a big disappointment in New zealand , not bcos he did not take wickets but bcos he was under 140K all the time.

They played Umesh ahead of Saini probably thinking that Umesh will replicate his success he got in India, where as again , it was proved that as on today Umesh does not need to be among INDIA 5 pacers going abroad as he is good on indian pitches only. Siraj and Saini should probably be ahead of him in the team priorities.

jasprit , shammi are good though jasprit is not at his best. Ishant was also brought back  earlier than expected from Injury. ishant bowled well in the first test and in second he was rested.in the first test  he played he was under 140K but deadly accurate and so he got few wickets. I think ishant is in his last year of Test match fast bowling and he wont be playing for india in 2021.

except for ishant(who is in his last year), shammi, bumrah and saini-( i dont think umesh is worth it now)

Prasidh and kamlesh nagarkoti looked the best ...but siraj could be ahead ( not sure if he is at his peak), Mavi can also scale up and compete.

Shardul is considered now as a back up for Hardik Pandya and that's correct way to look at Shardul. indian selectors have dumped the would be all rounders Vijay and dubey- which is a correct decision( as they were not genuine pace bowlers , though both batted very well). Shardul is likely to Succeed as he is a Medium Pacer for Sure and he can bat- Many of you would be against this call but I would play shardul when ever Hardik is unfit or hardik is not bowling well.

I am not too impressed with the SLIM SPinner chahal...his fielding is average and his batting is not even a no 11. 

Kuldeep bats better than him and as a spin bowler also , due to his unorthodox action he may be better.

for me Indian selectors should look at dumping CHAHAL from international cricket. Indian selectors have dumped ashwin from odi and t20- which is the right decision. India has to find out a wicket taking spinner who is as good as chahal as a bowler and bats and fields better. Indians should persist with jaddu in odi and t20 and play kuldeep in tests  and may be odi too. 

shammi and ishant should only play in Tests and bumrah could play tests and odi.

we should have good pacers in odi ..deepak chahar and bhuvi ( one of the two who ever is better) looks ok for odi and t20. One genuine fast bowler like Mavi/kamlesh / prasidh should be selected to play for odi and t20. Saini is already ready  and he has to play for tests/odi/t20 as he is at his peak now.

for me umesh/chahal/ashwin/shivam dubey ( till he regains his pace)/vijay/dinesh karthik should be DUMPED from international cricket as of now.

umesh and ashwin are pretty good for tests in INDIA and can be played in Indian tests.

On 4/10/2020 at 11:43 PM, rkt.india said:

He is knee dominant so he will not become a front on bowler. Front on or semi front on bowlers are all hip dominant bowlers. Example Bumrah and Saini are  hip dominant. Ishant, Umesh and Shami are knee dominant.

I will explain this with another fast bowler Brett Lee. He had same issue as Nagarkoti in 1997. 

Will post screenshot. Check this first pic how similar it is to Nagarkoti's second pic which I posted above. This one

Screenshot_20200412-165844.png

Screenshot_20200410-233733.png