Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Vasu Vats, that’s one of the balls, in other videos his action seems fine, the video quality is not great and is shaky too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Ball looked quick but need to see a better video to judge his action. 

59 minutes ago, express bowling said:

His arm rotation is so fast that it is difficult to gauge whether the action is dodgy from this video.

The ball is very fast though.

Yes,video quality is not outright best ,if he's Vasu he did look extremely different to what he looka here

@Mesky99 posted the video in the VHT thread

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/158605/mukesh-choudhary-s-4-67-against-chhattisgarh

Mukesh Choudhary is impressive.

Looks sharp to me.  Gets zip off the deck.

He has a quick arm action and I am getting the feeling that batsmen are finding it difficult to pick the trajectory of the ball.

Moves the ball both ways and decent height too.

It may not be easy for batsmen to play him.

Much better than Nagaswalla.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

@Mesky99 posted the video in the VHT thread

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/158605/mukesh-choudhary-s-4-67-against-chhattisgarh

Mukesh Choudhary is impressive.

Looks sharp to me.  Gets zip off the deck.

He has a quick arm action and I am getting the feeling that batsmen are finding it difficult to pick the trajectory of the ball.

Moves the ball both ways and decent height too.

It may not be easy for batsmen to play him.

Much better than Nagaswalla.

I hear you man and agree with most of what you say.

But is there any way to get ACTUAL changes in Indian cricket team and culture vis-a-vis fast bowling? I doubt it. They frankly don't care what the fans think.

We can sit and wax eloquent about prospects but at the end of the day the bowling will be Bumrah/Shami/Ishant with Umesh next up. Everyone else a distant choice. Eventually Siraj will get older and slower and then he will be an automatic choice. India is the land of the Ishants until we see actual changes.

Problem is even the ex-cricketers seem to vacillate between leery/cynical of Indian fast bowling to outright hostility/hatred to it. People like Srinath who are maybe - maybe - maybe - amenable to pace have been sidelined. I honestly think that if there is an imaginary choice between say peak Thomson, peak Holding, peak Shoaib, peak Donald and peak Bhuvaneshwar to open attack for any  Indian test team- most Indian selectors/ex-players will choose Bhuvaneshwar.Or maybe go out of the box and select ........ Ishant.

50 minutes ago, AKane said:

I hear you man and agree with most of what you say.

But is there any way to get ACTUAL changes in Indian cricket team and culture vis-a-vis fast bowling? I doubt it. They frankly don't care what the fans think.

We can sit and wax eloquent about prospects but at the end of the day the bowling will be Bumrah/Shami/Ishant with Umesh next up. Everyone else a distant choice. Eventually Siraj will get older and slower and then he will be an automatic choice. India is the land of the Ishants until we see actual changes.

Problem is even the ex-cricketers seem to vacillate between leery/cynical of Indian fast bowling to outright hostility/hatred to it. People like Srinath who are maybe - maybe - maybe - amenable to pace have been sidelined. I honestly think that if there is an imaginary choice between say peak Thomson, peak Holding, peak Shoaib, peak Donald and peak Bhuvaneshwar to open attack for any  Indian test team- most Indian selectors/ex-players will choose Bhuvaneshwar.Or maybe go out of the box and select ........ Ishant.

Although we are not giving young fast bowlers sufficient chances and not making optimal usage of the fast bowling resources we have ... one big change we see is that, atleast we have been able to develop top quality international quicks like Bumrah, Shami and now Siraj. 

Till 2014, even this was not happening. 

But the way we have wasted Saini and now wasting Prasidh, during their quickest years, is tough to digest too.