The Sarabjit Singh affair|Sarabjit Singh dies in Lahore: TV reports

Tapioca

Don't know what Sarabjit singh had done for sure. But it just doesn't feel right. If an Indian was punished through due course of judicial process than it is one thing even if that process is sham. But killing an Indian using goons in custody of government is outright despicable and disgustig

It is a matter of shame for Pakistan that a foreign national died in their prisons due to unnatural causes. But, this incident shows how easy it is to point fingers and "talk" rather than execute. Here's some perspective + Four Pakistan women (2 minors) are incarcerated in Indian jail for 10 years without trial + A Pakistan national was languishing in Amristar jail even after completing his 1 year jail sentence + 3 Pakistani nationals have been languishing in Indian jails for 46 years w/o proper procedures + 2 Myanmar nationals have spent 9 extra years in Indian jails + 1 Ukranian has spent 12 extra years in jail + 88 deaths have taken place to due to unnatural causes in Indian prisons according to 2011 data This is to no way condone the death of Sarabjit Singh and the grief caused to his family but to show that we are the last ones to point fingers at improper procedures as we don't follow them ourselves. The problem with us is that - We want rules for others but exceptions for ourselves.

It is a matter of shame for Pakistan that a foreign national died in their prisons due to unnatural causes. But, this incident shows how easy it is to point fingers and "talk" rather than execute. Here's some perspective + Four Pakistan women (2 minors) are incarcerated in Indian jail for 10 years without trial + A Pakistan national was languishing in Amristar jail even after completing his 1 year jail sentence + 3 Pakistani nationals have been languishing in Indian jails for 46 years w/o proper procedures + 2 Myanmar nationals have spent 9 extra years in Indian jails + 1 Ukranian has spent 12 extra years in jail + 88 deaths have taken place to due to unnatural causes in Indian prisons according to 2011 data This is to no way condone the death of Sarabjit Singh and the grief caused to his family but to show that we are the last ones to point fingers at improper procedures as we don't follow them ourselves. The problem with us is that - We want rules for others but exceptions for ourselves.
there are many indians who have been through this too. our judicial backlog is one of the worst in the world. plus, corruption in judiciary is more prevalent at the lower level and law process is lengthy, so its not just a problem for foreigners, but indians too

there are many indians who have been through this too. our judicial backlog is one of the worst in the world. plus' date=' corruption in judiciary is more prevalent at the lower level and law process is lengthy, [b']so its not just a problem for foreigners, but indians too
Exactly my point - I was merely pointing out to the people who were making conspiracy theories for a personal agenda push. It is easy to lose objective on these things just because it is Pakistan. My point was that such instances have and will occur in Indian prisons as well (reasons aside). A French diplomat is now land locked in Bangalore (I guess he can't even move outside Bangalore). Also, I guess we have lodged a few Israeli nationals in Indian prisons. It is also important to note that India has prison transfer agreements with 18 countries (including Israel, UK etc.) where Indian prisoners can serve their sentences in India.

We allow Italian Marines to go and vote, celebrate Christmas, but for one of our own, even if he was an Indian spy, the govt kept quiet. But after he is no more, the talking heads of the govt are on channels to show how much they care! Pathetic indeed. I do believe he was an Indian spy (whether he was involved in the bomb blasts or not is questionable), time for our govt to recognize this and without any shor sharaba ensure a decent living for his family and kids.

Exactly my point - I was merely pointing out to the people who were making conspiracy theories for a personal agenda push. It is easy to lose objective on these things just because it is Pakistan. My point was that such instances have and will occur in Indian prisons as well (reasons aside). A French diplomat is now land locked in Bangalore (I guess he can't even move outside Bangalore). Also, I guess we have lodged a few Israeli nationals in Indian prisons. It is also important to note that India has prison transfer agreements with 18 countries (including Israel, UK etc.) where Indian prisoners can serve their sentences in India.
point taken, but i believe for a death row prisoner to be killed by another prisoner in a prison riot is dubious. it is usual practice for death row convicts to be kept in a special cell away from other prisoners. even we kept kasab in an "anda" cell. he was on 24-hour suicide watch. Something just isnt right

I hope this is a lesson for our government who treat their terrorists as a national guest. And it wasn't even proved that Sarabjit is a spy. RIP Sarabjt
IDK what "spy" means but Sarabjit was convicted by the Pakistan SC for string in bomb blasts in 1990 which killed 14 people.

point taken' date=' [b']but i believe for a death row prisoner to be killed by another prisoner in a prison riot is dubious. it is usual practice for death row convicts to be kept in a special cell away from other prisoners. even we kept kasab in an "anda" cell. he was on 24-hour suicide watch. Something just isnt right
Absolutely I agree - no denying that but saying that it is state inspired conspiracy fait accompli is jumping the gun.