Babar Azam - an ATG in making?

Austin 3:!6

31 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

He is a batsmen Pakistan needed for a long time since M.Yousaf. I can see him breaking Pakistani batting records. If he wants to be considered the best ever Pakistani batsmen he is gonna need to improve his game in Test cricket. Lets see how his journey unfolds.

It was joy to watch Hanif Mohd, Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad. All three very different styles of players. Yusuf was top class too. When i watch Babar Azam, there is lack of quality when compared to Hanif Mohd, Abbas and Miandad bat even Yusuf. Azam is nowhere in their pedigree. It will be a herculean task for him to be in their class as far as tests are concerned.

Edited by Straight Drive
56 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Which sort of quality do you feel he is missing compared to previous Pakistani greats?

I have watched Zaheer, Inzi, Yousuf and Miandad. He is head and shoulder better than those four. Time will tell how his career goes but he is immensely gifted and a prize wicket,

5 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Which sort of quality do you feel he is missing compared to previous Pakistani greats?

My post was in context of tests. Hunger for runs in test cricket. He does not has the concentration of Hanif M. Temperament wise he is not as good as Hanif as well as Zaheer Abbas in test cricket. He does not plays spin as good as Miandad used too. He needs to conert his starts and play big innings. This is test cricket. You don't gift wicket being satisifed of applause from crowd after getting test 100 and then throw wicket. Great players carry the innings further to play long innings. That is where higher levels of concentration, determination and astute shot selection comes into play.

Some of these Pakistan cricketers used to play county Championships. Whereas Azam plays T20 England domestic comps. That is another difference which he needs to balance so as to improve his test batting.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

This is a good analogy of Babar’s batting. I agree he lacks that temperament that allows a batsmen to play bigger innings in Test cricket. Not sure if he will improve on this. Only time will tell.

Those times have changed. Zaheer was a flop against pace bowling and would feast on spinners. And in those days when Zaheer was playing there was mostly one format and that was test. So the players in those era learned to graft.

Babar has to play fast paced game so 100 is a very good score.

Zaheer with his weight was a liability on the field.

Lowest SR in a T20I innings with 40+ balls for Pakistan:
(Since 2018)

91.1 - 41 (45) - Babar Azam vs Zimbabwe - Today
97.6 - 40 (41) - Babar Azam vs New Zealand - 2018
100 - 50 (50) - Babar Azam vs South Africa - 2021
100 - 41 (41) - Babar Azam vs New Zealand - 2018
102 - 45 (44) - Babar Azam vs Australia - 2018

19 hours ago, sage said:

(Since 2018)

That seems a very skewed stat. I can't imagine there are many other players who regularly play 40 balls in an innings.

On 4/20/2021 at 11:35 PM, Straight Drive said:

It was joy to watch Hanif Mohd, Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad. All three very different styles of players. Yusuf was top class too. When i watch Babar Azam, there is lack of quality when compared to Hanif Mohd, Abbas and Miandad bat even Yusuf. Azam is nowhere in their pedigree. It will be a herculean task for him to be in their class as far as tests are concerned.

He has had a terrific couple of years in test cricket. It won't be long before he would be averaging 50+ in test cricket too. Just a matter of time

19 hours ago, sage said:

(Since 2018)

His T20 game needs improvement for sure

21 hours ago, Professor said:

He has had a terrific couple of years in test cricket. It won't be long before he would be averaging 50+ in test cricket too. Just a matter of time

Yes if keep playing like hapless sl, bd and sa magala , Lizzad at home.

Just now, Professor said:

Unnecessary hate is bad for health

Lol look who is talking...did you talk to halfridi, miadada,Kaali daal and hinduon ki zehinat before preaching here. On topic gobar Azam has all in all one century overseas that too when a dead rubber game was lost. Risabh Pant is much better test batsmen than him so get a hike lol ATG in the making with one overseas century at 27 years of age.

8 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Lol look who is talking...did you talk to halfridi, miadada,Kaali daal and hinduon ki zehinat before preaching here. On topic gobar Azam has all in all one century overseas that too when a dead rubber game was lost. Risabh Pant is much better test batsmen than him so get a hike lol ATG in the making with one overseas century at 27 years of age.

Kohli had 2 hundreds and 3 fifties overseas after 30 games. Babar had 1 hundred and 10 fifties after 30 games so 11 50+ knocks compared to Kohli's 5

4 minutes ago, Professor said:

Kohli had 2 hundreds and 3 fifties overseas after 30 games. Babar had 1 hundred and 10 fifties after 30 games so 11 50+ knocks compared to Kohli's 5

Lol Kohli smashing Pakistani trndlers and ATG bowlers at age 23 . At what age Kohli chased 330 against pak and 340 in 40 overs against sl. Kohli played 30 games overseas long befor he matured. Look at same age of gobar Azam how many test 100 Kohli had overseas. He made  centuries in aus NZ and sa in his debut series. So no azam can't polish Kohli shoes in any format. He is king of soft run , minowbashers and perfect example of stats padder.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Lol Kohli smashing Pakistani trndlers and ATG bowlers at age 23 . At what age Kohli chased 330 against pak and 340 in 40 overs against sl. Kohli played 30 games overseas long befor he matured. Look at same age of gobar Azam how many test 100 Kohli had overseas. He made  centuries in aus NZ and sa in his debut series. So no azam can't polish Kohli shoes in any format. He is king of soft run , minowbashers and perfect example of stats padder.

Players get mature by playing more matches, not babar's fault if Pakistan play not even half the matches India play in a calendar year so yeah as I said earlier, unnecessary hate is bad for health. Thanda paani piyo, ghussa ziada charh gaya hai dimagh ko

1 hour ago, Professor said:

Players get mature by playing more matches, not babar's fault if Pakistan play not even half the matches India play in a calendar year so yeah as I said earlier, unnecessary hate is bad for health. Thanda paani piyo, ghussa ziada charh gaya hai dimagh ko

I knew pakistani lies and here I caught your lie again. Kohli had 5 test centuries overseas After 31 games 3 in aus, 1 in NZ, and 1 in sa. Lol at 1 vs 3. After 31 gobar has just 1 centuries so as said goabr is not fit to polish Pant shoes less said about Kohli.

30 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I knew pakistani lies and here I caught your lie again. Kohli had 5 test centuries overseas After 31 games 3 in aus, 1 in NZ, and 1 in sa. Lol at 1 vs 3. After 31 gobar has just 1 centuries so as said goabr is not fit to polish Pant shoes less said about Kohli.

I said 30 games, not 31 andhay

30 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Abey 30 games bola tha 31 nahi. Aankhon main tattti bhari hai kia?

Fifties kidhar gayen?

31 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Rizwan >>>>> Tulla Pant