Abdul Samad- Power hitter & Wrist spinner

6 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Surprised that he is not playing for india U19...

U19 tournaments will make him mature fastly....

Dravid is an ideal guy to nurture yound talents...

One good IPL season will get all the attention he needs...

Btw....now that article 370 is taken away.....can this guy play for pakistan now??

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Maybe he's not u19.  

Doesn't matter.  If he's good, he'll rise up through the ranks to the A team soon.

37 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

So after all the praise on this thread I saw the highlights and there is no denying the fact this guy looks special. Looks quite elegant as well, no slogging there. I hope he gets games at right number for SRH.

Thanks. Just watched it this kid is brutal. SRH have to play him. 

On 1/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What's the story?

Former Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan has opened up on how he spotted the talent in Sunrisers Hyderabad's new signing Abdul Samad during his early days. Pathan mentioned that Samad's big-hitting abilities caught his eye and so, he picked him to play for Jammu and Kashmir in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2018-19.

The background

Samad became only the fourth player from his state to earn a contract in the Indian Premier League. The wrist-spinning all-rounder joined Parvez Rasool, Manzoor Dar and Rasikh Salam in the elite club of Jammu and Kashmir cricketers to become a part of the cash-rich league.

Also see - India Sri Lanka head to head 

The heart of the matter

Talking to TOI on Monday (30th December), Irfan Pathan revealed he first saw Samad at the Science College Ground in Jammu. Pathan said:

"What caught my eye was his ability to bat on the up and also along the ground on a dry surface, where senior batsmen were struggling. The ball was keeping low, but here I saw a rookie batting without any trouble. I immediately checked his scores in the junior circuit. I was very impressed. I wanted to test him in the shorter format of game. So, during Syed Mushtaq Ali 2018-19 season, he debuted against Nagaland and smacked an unbeaten 76 of 51 balls, helping us win the match comfortably."

He further spoke about the talent possessed by the youngster and continued:

"There is no doubt he is a work in progress but a couple of things make him an exciting prospect. First, he can bat anywhere and can hit sixes at will. He is a good wrist spinner too. He has got a sharp googly and bowls very accurately for a part-timer."

Picked by SRH this season

He hits clean and doesnt loose his balance as well , looks to have a more then decent technique....not even one ugly hoick  . Looks tall as well

In the video he smashes rahul chahar, chawla, axar n karn sharma n smashing chawla round the wkt for a youngster isnt easy.

He is just 18 year old.....definitely can be someone to look out for in future . 

He seems to have a knack of meeting the ball at the last possible perfect instant.  That square of the wkt shot at the ~ 3:52 mark was my favorite.