Abdul Samad- Power hitter & Wrist spinner

2 minutes ago, nsareen said:

lets bring the topic back to Abdul Samad than Yusuf.

Any bowling videos of him, head he bowls leg spin too..

I'm still wondering why was he not selected in U19 tournaments earlier..

I saw him bowl and we did mention about his bowling above but his state side isnt bowling him much, they need to give him regular bowling if they wanna develop him as all rounder and thats how he ll get ahead.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i liked his bowling for a batting all rounder anyways irfan mentioned he is part timer and for a part timer his bowling looks good....

I also saw him bowl a faster one also.....he has the potential to be 5th bowling option. All he needs to do is bowl a lot in domestic n work on flight n variation.

For him next 2-3 yrs in domestic wud be very important......im not sure how good J&k setup is with all the issues. 

yea doesnt look 18 but i wont be surprised if their are still many out there who have fudged their age 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:42 PM, Mosher said:

Yeah just saw it. Bowls flattish fast leg spinners and has a googly. Not much turn. Bowling looks better suited for shorter formats.

He looks older than 18 though. What do you think?

14 hours ago, nsareen said:

I got the feeling that he is strictly a part-timer....just like steve smith

22 hours ago, nsareen said:

Probably age question marks.  Add to that he's from J&K, not a place with established infrastructure and tournaments at the younger levels...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28764071/abdul-samad-tragic-hero-karnataka-great-escape

For those who haven't watched him bat, Samad isn't an agricultural slogger. He has a stable base and excellent hand-eye coordination. He cuts well, loves to use his feet to spin and has a penchant to make big runs at a furious pace. Both his hundreds this Ranji Trophy season came at better than a run-a-ball. Could he play another defining knock in the quarter-final, against a heavily favoured Karnataka

1 hour ago, Stutter said:

It was a good performance by him against Ronit More & Suchith for the most part, but with also Krishna bowling later on. 

In the initial interviews after he was picked up by SRH, his mom stated his aspirations to play for India. He seems to be doing the right things thus far.

Was doubtful about his batting against pace but the way he batted against Aaron before and now Prasidh shows that he can handle pace. Looking forward to his batting in IPL. 

Off topic is that Skid Row in your dp?

Edited by Mosher