2020 ATP World Tour

I6MTW

53 minutes ago, Gollum said:

10th Rome final for Nole, could win his 36th Masters 1000.

Singles[edit]

Titles #
1. Serbia Novak Djokovic 35
Spain Rafael Nadal
3. Switzerland Roger Federer 28
4. United States Andre Agassi 17
5. United Kingdom Andy Murray 14
6. United States Pete Sampras 11
7. Austria Thomas Muster 8
8. United States Michael Chang 7
9. United States Jim Courier 5
Germany Boris Becker
Chile Marcelo Ríos
Brazil Gustavo Kuerten
Russia Marat Safin
United States Andy Roddick

Not yet, Diego still has a chance against Djokovic in the final, if he wins his SF against Denis. Schwartzman has everything to beat Djokovic except the serve, but since it's on clay BO3 serve can be less of a factor.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Diego is a gritty guy, has always been. Just look at the amount of games he plays and his ranking has been in the top 30s consistently now. I agree, this is Different RG environment and the lead up. Its much colder and conditions being different will also go against him. I think Thiem and Djokovic again would have better chance of clinching this slam. 

Just hope Thiem lands in Nadal's half, don't want Fed's record equaled anytime soon. Let Nadal get the toughest possible draw, apart from those 2 I think only Diego, Zverev and Fognini can truly stretch him to the limit. 

For once the Austrian has made a smart scheduling choice of resting till RG, he can always play himself into form in initial rounds. Needs gas in his tank to take down Rafa, more than anything. 

1 minute ago, I6MTW said:

Not yet, Diego still has a chance against Djokovic in the final, if he wins his SF against Denis. Schwartzman has everything to beat Djokovic except the serve, but since it's on clay BO3 serve can be less of a factor.

I'd thrilled if Diego can pull it off. Such a big heart he has!!!!

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Just hope Thiem lands in Nadal's half, don't want Fed's record equaled anytime soon. Let Nadal get the toughest possible draw, apart from those 2 I think only Diego, Zverev and Fognini can truly stretch him to the limit. 

For once the Austrian has made a smart scheduling choice of resting till RG, he can always play himself into form in initial rounds. Needs gas in his tank to take down Rafa, more than anything. 

Actually anyone with a serve as well as a great 2HBH and great rallying game can keep up with Nadal . Medvedev despite the lack of clay results can also be a threat against Nadal. Zverev, is another one. If Murray was in 2016 form he'd be the no 1 favourite but sadly gone are those days. Fognini currently is not yet in form and coming back from surgeries. Tsitsipas might have had a chance if the USO choke didn't happen, now he is extremely low on confidence and playing awful. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I'd thrilled if Diego can pull it off. Such a big heart he has!!!!

Right now he's struggling against Shapovolav. I like Shapovolav but that guy has no chance against Djokovic. Shapo doesn't have much of a clay game and its not his natural surface. He still needs to learn how to play on it. If he plays DJ tom, he'll struggle big time even against this version of Djokovic. Schwartzman has the better chance.

12 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Actually anyone with a serve as well as a great 2HBH and great rallying game can keep up with Nadal . Medvedev despite the lack of clay results can also be a threat against Nadal. Zverev, is another one. If Murray was in 2016 form he'd be the no 1 favourite but sadly gone are those days. Fognini currently is not yet in form and coming back from surgeries. Tsitsipas might have had a chance if the USO choke didn't happen, now he is extremely low on confidence and playing awful. 

Med is yet to beat Nadal on HC, chokes a lot against him, like last year's USO and ATP finals. 

No I don't think 2016 Murray is better than even an out of sorts Nadal on clay, esp at RG....93-2 come on!!! Nadal is the #1 favorite, just that others have a better chance this year. Only in 2011 and 2015/16 was someone not named Nadal a clear favorite at RG....and that was peak Nole. 2012-14 Nadal was a marginal favorite, remaining years clear favorite. 

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Med is yet to beat Nadal on HC, chokes a lot against him, like last year's USO and ATP finals. 

No I don't think 2016 Murray is better than even an out of sorts Nadal on clay, esp at RG....93-2 come on!!! Nadal is the #1 favorite, just that others have a better chance this year. Only in 2011 and 2015/16 was someone not named Nadal a clear favorite at RG....and that was peak Nole. 2012-14 Nadal was a marginal favorite, remaining years clear favorite. 

I am talking about this year's RG, different conditions, roof, night session, diff temperature, newer balls are going to be used ,which are bigger than usual. So many factors put Nadal at an uncertainty. Murray in 16 would've had a chance, not saying he's a favourite but he would've fared better than the rest of the field. Especially since Nadal has no clay practice for the first time in his career. He usually played 3-4 events of clay before RG as preparation. He now only has to hope he plays himself to form until the second week of RG. 

And 2015 Nadal was the worst version of him. He didn't even win a single tournament during the clay season. He lost a set to Jack Sock in RG. Any top clay player in decent form could've taken Nadal out that year, and yes even Wawrinka, Murray, and Federer. Such wad Nadal in 2015. He was reasonably better in 16(not by a huge margin) but was starting to get more confidence. I figure had he not withdrawn he would've won RG that year. Djokovic would still be FO-less till this day. His 2016 form on clay wasn't that impressive and he wasn't going to beat a healthy Nadal at RG. 

39 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

And 2015 Nadal was the worst version of him. He didn't even win a single tournament during the clay season. He lost a set to Jack Sock in RG. Any top clay player in decent form could've taken Nadal out that year, and yes even Wawrinka, Murray, and Federer. Such wad Nadal in 2015. He was reasonably better in 16(not by a huge margin) but was starting to get more confidence. I figure had he not withdrawn he would've won RG that year. Djokovic would still be FO-less till this day. His 2016 form on clay wasn't that impressive and he wasn't going to beat a healthy Nadal at RG. 

Agree to disagree. 

36th Masters, 10th on clay, well done King:hatsoff:

Whilst I hope Fed keeps the GS record, I want Nole to win 50 M1000 by the time he retires. 

Real winner of this tourney is Thiem. While he will be well rested and mentally recovered after that emotional high.....Nadal's confidence dealt a blow, Nole further exhausts himself.