Vedic astrology

Real McCoy

Just now, sandeep said:

How about Ketu?

Maybe he's on a Keto diet?  And you ought to know there's no space for no Rahu in my domain.  Contrary to strawmen accusations I do not support Pappu!

ketu will be always 7 houses from rahu ..

I was told that I would be an administrator in a public sector setting in my birth nation.

I am a professor at a private college in a land that is 10,000 miles away from my birth nation.  

When this happened, I was told:

(1) The person who made your first kundli didn't do it correctly, so the premise for the initial prediction was wrong.  So let's retroactively change your kundli to fit your current situation and make all future predictions from the new one.  

OR

(2) The prediction was obviously correct - you administer a college-wide academic program (administrator) at a college that receives federal grants (public sector-ish) and feel at home in your job (your birth nation).

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka

Moon in vedic astrology represents the mind, thinking, feelings and emotions, the person's mother, motherly figures, milk and dairy products, creativity, memory, fickle mindedness. If you see all of these things that the moon represents have an ebb and flow on a regular basis just like the waxing and waning of the moon and the high tides and low tides which are caused by the moon. Moon is a feminine graha even though the anthropomorphic figure of Soma the mood good is always depicted as a male with several wives. These 27 wives are the nakshatras. But the energy of the graha is feminine. Moon owns the sign of Cancer and its exalted in Taurus @velu :two_thumbs_up: and debilitated in Scorpio. It receives the most directional strength in the 4th house

The vedas didn't differentiate between Astrology and Astronomy. It was all Vedic philosophies. Indic civilizational advances in this field is astronomical (pun!).  Jyotisya is considered part of Vedas (Vedanga). These days Jyotisya is considered all mumbo-jumbo nonsense by the likes of western educated nincompoops. Buddhists and later astromenrs who came with Siddhanta (like Surya Siddhanta) has a lot of verses that now reveal what they knew what medieval era western scietists discovered. That earth was round and helio-centric as early and 3rd century CE.  The panchang predicts when solar and lunar eclipses happen to the exact date and time, that means they knew how earth, sun and moon rotated. The size of earth was also established. The issue is all these discoveries are in vedic religious texts that were orally passed by generations. 

https://explorable.com/indian-astronomy

The Rigveda shows that the Indians divided the year into 360 days, and the year was subdivided into 12 months of 30 days. Every 5 years, two intercalary periods were added to bring the calendar back in line with the solar year, ensuring that years averaged 366 days. However, the Indian year still migrated four days in every five years, and Indian astronomers constantly tweaked and adjusted their calendars over the millennia. The text also shows that the Indians used four cardinal points for ensuring the correct orientation of altars.

The Jyotisa Vedanga, the first Vedic text to mention astronomical data, records events going back as far as 4000 BCE, although many archaeoastronomers believe that this text may include observations from as early as 11 000 BCE. They point out that some of the records may have been copied from earlier manuscripts, but this is an area where more research is needed, as many of the references are unclear and couched in religious terminology.

The first properly recorded Siddhantic astronomy began in the 5th Century CE, where Indian astronomers such as Aryabhata (b476 CE) began to adopt a more rigorous, mathematical approach to astronomy, directing it away from mysticism and its emphasis on the calendar. Aryabhata added to the heliocentric theory, proposing the idea that the moon reflects the light of the sun, a theory also proposed by some Greeks but not widely adopted. He also proposed that the earth rotated rather than the skies, although this theory lay undiscovered until the European Renaissance and Copernicus.

Brahmagupta (b 598 Ce)

The Siddhantic astronomers also understood that the earth was spherical and attempted to calculate the circumference of the planet. In the 7th Century CE, the astronomer Brahmagupta arrived at a figure of 36 000 kilometers for the circumference of the earth, very close to the actual figure.

In modern era, some of these beliefs are morphed into mumbo-jumbo astrology and a matter of personal faith. I don't believe in it as I know very little of it's impact. It doesn't mean, I will laugh about.

Edited by coffee_rules

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

TVhe edas didn't differentiate between Astrology and Astronomy. It was all Vedic philosophies. Indic civilizational advances in this field is astronomical (pun!).  Jyotisya is considered part of Vedas (Vedanga). These days Jyotisya is considered all mumbo-jumbo nonsense by the likes of western educated nincompoops. Buddhists and later astromenrs who came with Siddhanta (like Surya Siddhanta) has a lot of verses that now reveal what they knew what medieval era western scietists discovered. That earth was round and helio-centric as early and 3rd century CE.  The panchang predicts when solar and lunar eclipses happen to the exact date and time, that means they knew how earth, sun and moon rotated. The size of earth was also established. The issue is all these discoveries are in vedic religious texts that were orally passed by generations. 

https://explorable.com/indian-astronomy

In modern era, some of these beliefs are morphed into mumbo-jumbo astrology and a matter of personal faith. I don't believe in it as I know very little of it's impact. It doesn't mean, I will laugh about.

Vedic astronomy was seriously advanced, and yes co-mingled with astrology.  In fact, it was the desire for accurate data to drive more accurate "predictions" that served as the driving force and motivation behind the significant discoveries and calculations made in Ancient India. 

Astrology formed the basis of astronomy. There is a clear distinction. In some of the books I have read, these grahas have a physical layer which can be seen outside as planets but its underlying gist of why its there is captured in the texts. Thats why I make the distinction between grahas and planets. The signs were determined to be 30 degrees to the tee and whatever they saw in the sky in that 30 degrees became the emblem. For example, the stars in Scorpio looks like the letter J with the wings at the top and the Sun passes through the constellation for only 15 days. This is the atheist argument that its inaccurate. But they don't get the basic idea about astrology. Astronomy as a science originated from astrology. Its basically an atheist startup lol

14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Astrology formed the basis of astronomy. There is a clear distinction. In some of the books I have read, these grahas have a physical layer which can be seen outside as planets but its underlying gist of why its there is captured in the texts. Thats why I make the distinction between grahas and planets. The signs were determined to be 30 degrees to the tee and whatever they saw in the sky in that 30 degrees became the emblem. For example, the stars in Scorpio looks like the letter J with the wings at the top and the Sun passes through the constellation for only 15 days. This is the atheist argument that its inaccurate. But they don't get the basic idea about astrology. Astronomy as a science originated from astrology. Its basically an atheist startup lol

All of this is great, but it seems implausible that your time of birth and corresponding planetary positions dictate your individual attributes and can predict your future. 

17 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

All of this is great, but it seems implausible that your time of birth and corresponding planetary positions dictate your individual attributes and can predict your future. 

Read my OP. I don't believe in predictive astrology. Some people believe in it and these are the gemstone wearing people. Your time of birth can give you some insight into your own personality based on the graha positions. But nobody knows the exact time of your birth to the second. That can give you variations. That is the reason I don't believe in prediction. And you know what life shouldnt be predictable. Otherwise it would be boring.

27 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Your time of birth can give you some insight into your own personality based on the graha positions. 

I have a hard time with this.  Even assuming we can record the time of birth accurately to the millisecond, how can the position of planets (or grahas) physically affect your neurological attributes that then dictate your personality - at that instant you were born?  Second, shouldn't it apply more to time of conception than time of birth?  

If astrology does not explain personality nor is it predictive, what good is it?

27 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

I have a hard time with this.  Even assuming we can record the time of birth accurately to the millisecond, how can the position of planets (or grahas) physically affect your neurological attributes that then dictate your personality - at that instant you were born?  Second, shouldn't it apply more to time of conception than time of birth?  

If astrology does not explain personality nor is it predictive, what good is it?

Same concept as the Sun sign that you belong to , those 30 odd days,  will decide if a person is romantic, brave, born leader, has a sense of humour etc.

38 minutes ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

you are mixing science and belief 

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Same concept as the Sun sign that you belong to , those 30 odd days,  will decide if a person is romantic, brave, born leader, has a sense of humour etc.

Does it, really? I have the same problem with the Zodiac signs.  I posted the following earlier:

3 hours ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

So, how many of you believe in the Zodiac? 

You know ... the "Dec 23 - Jan 22 is Capricorn and they are smart, stubborn, stupid and flexible" kind of astrology?