'Australia, England scared of India's rise'--Gavaskar

Laaloo

I think Gavaskar started well and has written few very good points which had made me angry at the Australian and English media media as well, but somehow he become too angry to lose a bit of perspective here: His article could have done without the above point. But all in all I agree with him and am happy that at least there is someone to expose the hypocrisy of Australian and English media. In fact Gavaskar has been doing it since a long time. I remember some of his articles in '99-00 when India had put up a shameful show in Australia. Of course much of the ire was directed at the spineless performance of the Indians but Gavaskar never failed to highlight some of the lop sided Australian views there too.
Chandan You are spot on but having followed him for decades now I can observe and at the same time vouch for SMG's going overboard as a deliberate ploy
MM' date= Anakin, Suraj, Donny, Can we start posting our views on the article alone?
Sorry Chandan, I didnt start a thing. If you feel I was directly responsible for the degradation of this thread, feel free to hand me an infraction.
Here comes the " Mr. Oh-I-have-an-iPod-And-type-at-1am" guy... :haha: And how are your fingers your highness ? Hope they arent too hard on the all-too-precious iPod that you are so proud of owning, that too at 1 am in the night ! :haha:
you do really need help maybe emigrate to Australia and be treated like a scond class southie Indian you will love that life worshipping your white masters
you do really need help maybe emigrate to Australia and be treated like a scond class southie Indian you will love that life worshipping your white masters
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: The Mask is finally off. :haha:
Here comes the " Mr. Oh-I-have-an-iPod-And-I-type-at-1am" guy... :haha: And how are your fingers your highness ? Hope they arent too hard on the all-too-precious iPod that you are so proud of owning, that too at 1 am in the night ! :haha:
Thanks for displaying ur superb comprehension ability, why do I even bother, it is indeed my mistake.
"Once again, it is a misplaced belief that they are the only ones with honesty, integrity and have the welfare of the game at heart, while the 'sub-continentals' do not. "Every controversy in international cricket has shown that no country has the monopoly on honesty and integrity, and so should not be looking down upon others. "Still, it is a habit that is hard to get over, and so it is anathema to think that those who were the ruled can one day become the rulers."
Really superb stuff by Sunny. He regularly confronts the sterotypes and racism in cricket. MM take note, you maybe happy with the staus quo but things are changing and changing for thr better.
If u keep on claiming grassed catches or keep on bowling beamers it is not an accident anymore, it is cheating
By the same standards, Sachin is a cheat, for he was caught on LIVE TV tampering with the ball...same with Dravid and we all know about Azhar, Mongia, Prabhakar,etc. and the fact that they were absolute cheats...sorry, but i think India fans should show a bit of moderation accusing other teams of being cheats when their own record with cheating is so spotty.. It is also well known that the mecca of matchfixing is India and Dubai..... Oh and another thing Anakin, your comments such as :
It is impossible to teach anatomy now, but whatever u think ur using is not the brain, if u or ur ancestors did, u wouldn't be where u r now.
is quite indicative of how racist you are.
MM take note, you maybe happy with the staus quo but things are changing and changing for thr better.
India and BCCI assuming the role of ECB/CA of the pre 90s is not 'change for the better', its basically swapping out one bunch of racist jerks for another, really. Oh and lastly, Gavaskar has a massive chip on his shoulder regarding white nations, simply due to the fact that he sucked against white nations- his record against England is mediocre, his record against NZ is mediocre and he only dominated Australia when they fielded their third class bowling attack lacking Lillee-Thommo and/or a an over-the-hill 80-85mph Thommo only. It is also noted in several biographies/autobiographies that Gavaskar isn't really rated as highly as Boycott/Barry Richards, because not only did he chicken out of playing county cricket for most of his career or WSC, he never really dominated an awesome pace attack except against the west Indies in one series in India in 1983/84 i believe. I am not commenting about Gavaskar's ability as an opener, which i think is top-notch, but on the fact that he holds a grudge against the 'white' teams coz he was mediocre against them by and large and never got the recognition a Viv Richards, Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Greg Chappell, etc. got. He is also an insanely racist git from what i can tell- he can't actually give a single categoric evidence that these 'white nations' have screwed with us in the past- the only thing he can say is how their umpiring was terribly biassed, but then he conviniently forgets the fact that the most biassed umpiring India has faced in the days of home umpires is in Pakistan. Ofcourse, this is because it will throw a spanner into his 'white conspiracy' diatribe. As for his point about ' its so-bad when the nominated ICC chief is an Indian to these whiteys but its okay when OZ has 2 top officials' diatribe, Sunny is speaking directly from his rear end. Its not the fact that brown nations cannot safeguard the better interests of cricket, for none of the sources he quoted criticised a Pakistani or Sri Lankan chief. however, its a very basic and common sense related fact that when the largest and overwhelmingly dominant market also controls the regulatory body in an international sport, there is no checks-n-balances to ensure fairplay. Right now, the executive powers of Aussie-led board is contrasted with BCCI's pure dadagiri 'dollar' power and more or less, this power struggle can balance itself out....but with a desi chief of ICC ?!? Sorry, but thats like giving the BCCI license to do whatever the f*ck they want. Infact, given Indian cricketers' record with cheating, its corrupt politicians and its corrupt board-members who don't even know the ABCD of fiscal management, i myself don't want a BCCI official to be in the ICC post. Because one thing is certain- Dalmiya apart, each and every single desi honcho of BCCI has been a total ninny and are nowhere as qualified as Speed and his buddies in managing a corporation. Powar, Bindra etc. have zero qualifications in this regard compared to Speed and i'd hate to see these nincompoops further sully India's reputation and ruin the game of cricket just because it suits some jingoistic guys with an inferiority complex to see a desi at office in ICC.
Breaking news MM classified as supertroll of the year begging others to ignore him/her/it
No, not really. Try "One of the most well informed and passionate posters, who cares to make a convincing argument for the POVs he puts forward, rather than resorting to one liners or insults directed at a particular community". Your "Southie" comment was way out, BTW. You should apologise.

What a rubbish post by CC! Sunny chickened out of county cricket:hysterical:Yeah but he was brave enough to play test cricket. Typical love of the gora and buying in to their cr#p by you actually thinking county cricket is better then tests. Faced and tamed the lethal windies attack, but you claim is scared of county cricket. He averages over 50 as well against the aussies which you have tried to spin. So actually he batterd them, so no idea why you claim he did so poor against the WHITE nations. O and so what Boycott and Barry dont rate him. Richards for one never played against India so he can STFU. Why do you value their opinon so highly. Is it cos they are white? Quote me from their autobiographies that they dont rate him please!

Sunny chickened out of county cricket
And isnt that a fact! He refused to play much county cricket despite repeated requests to him to play! I don't find it a coincidence, given that most county attacks back in the 70s and 80s boasted of bowling quality several pegs higher than domestic cricket in India or even Indian test team!
Typical love of the gora and buying in to their cr#p by you actually thinking county cricket is better then tests.
no, i never said that, i said that i find Sunny's refusal to play county cricket, plus his mediocre record against the gora teams leading to the fact that he isnt rated very highly by gora nations being the main reason for his gripe.
Faced and tamed the lethal windies attack,
In only one series did SunnyG face a fearsome WI attack,that too on far deader indian pitches in 83-84. He bombed spectacularly, getting a ton only on the flattest pitch in the WI (Guyana), on a rain-affected, foregone conclusion of draw in the only other time he played against a fearsome WI attack in their backyard. In all other series, he faced a pretty mediocre WI attack that he beat to a pulp ( one great and rest no-namers like WI of 71 & 78-79 against newbies such as Marshall and Garner, who were debutants and nowhere close to being great bowlers). His record against the WI, as crickinfo once showed, is massively overrated, a bit like Dravid's record against Australia, where except for basically one series, he's been a total failure against McWarne.
He averages over 50 as well against the aussies which you have tried to spin.
Not spin, its a fact that Gavaskar did exceedinly poorly in matches where Lillee-Thommo both played and the only scored heavily when either both were missing or Thommo in 79,when he was far past his fastest best.
O and so what Boycott and Barry dont rate him.
You read that incorrectly- i have found, in several WI, English,Aussie,Kiwi,etc. biographies/autobiographies where Boycott & barry were rated higher than Gavaskar by the authors, who themselves are/were test level players.
Is it cos they are white?
This kind of speculation only exposes your own inferiority complex and chip-on-shoulder attitude, nothing more. You will find that these views on Gavaskar are held by the likes of Lillee,Holding, Boyc, Roberts, etc- nothing 'white' about the group.

ya ..they r scared of indians.indians have performed well throught down under series..bt it has been unfair to ganguly..he is sitting out..there wasnt any good opening partnership in whole one day series ..so we need ganguly as aan opener..

Where does Gavaskar's preferance for spending time with his family instead of participating in some county cricket come from, while discussing his column which is largely directed to western media--so biased that even insane persons could see/read it? Where does Gavaskar's record against WI come here? Where does any other person praising him or rubbishing him in his autobiography come from while discussing a column which is highlighting the thinkings that have been there for some time in Australian and English media? WHY CAN'T YOU DISCUSS THE ISSUES RAISED IN THE COLUMN??????

@CC, thanks for comparing apples to coconuts, not even oranges and making them the same and it's not the first time. I don't wanna get into arguments with you because I know it'll go on for 100s of pages. That was a jab in response to his jab at me, and if you look at it without just a shred of ultra pcness you'll see the funny side of it. If you don't, it's my bad. BTW, next time anyone quotes me, please bump up the thread, you'll see, at least, these oz comments were either in response to trolls, or the ultimate professional behavior by the trio of honesty integrity and sportsmanship displayed in the last tour down under. But of course, I'm racist and so is Sunny. This kind of sickening ultra pcness made me stop posting before as well. Good bye everyone, it's been fun. Hope team India keeps of getting better.

WHY CAN'T YOU DISCUSS THE ISSUES RAISED IN THE COLUMN??????
Umm..I DID! refer to this:
As for his point about ' its so-bad when the nominated ICC chief is an Indian to these whiteys but its okay when OZ has 2 top officials' diatribe, Sunny is speaking directly from his rear end. Its not the fact that brown nations cannot safeguard the better interests of cricket, for none of the sources he quoted criticised a Pakistani or Sri Lankan chief. however, its a very basic and common sense related fact that when the largest and overwhelmingly dominant market also controls the regulatory body in an international sport, there is no checks-n-balances to ensure fairplay. Right now, the executive powers of Aussie-led board is contrasted with BCCI's pure dadagiri 'dollar' power and more or less, this power struggle can balance itself out....but with a desi chief of ICC ?!? Sorry, but thats like giving the BCCI license to do whatever the f*ck they want. Infact, given Indian cricketers' record with cheating, its corrupt politicians and its corrupt board-members who don't even know the ABCD of fiscal management, i myself don't want a BCCI official to be in the ICC post. Because one thing is certain- Dalmiya apart, each and every single desi honcho of BCCI has been a total ninny and are nowhere as qualified as Speed and his buddies in managing a corporation. Powar, Bindra etc. have zero qualifications in this regard compared to Speed and i'd hate to see these nincompoops further sully India's reputation and ruin the game of cricket just because it suits some jingoistic guys with an inferiority complex to see a desi at office in ICC.
Now,whichever way you look at it, one FACT emerges as clear as daylight: ACB administrators and Malcolm Speed are FAR more qualified and have a FAR better track record of running their sports program, which is far more corruption free, far better organized and far better managed. Now, apart from Dalmiya,name me ONE, just ONE BCCI official that can match Malcolm Speed or other ACB administrators' resume. Give me one reason-just ONE- apart from paranoid 'ooh they are racist' cr@p, based on how CA is run and performs compared to BCCI, why should an Indian sit on the ICC throne and not an Aussie..

C'mon Avi, you know better than to take these kind of jibes personally. What happened to returning fire with fire?:D I personally feel, people who quit and run are implicitly admitting that they have lost the argument. If you can't be bothered to rebut, just ignore them. But saying goodbye is not consonant with the ethos of this forum, which allows free speech just short of outright abuse, and therefore takes away one of the main reasons why people give up, which is big brother censorship.

I will give you a name LALIT MODI. Now STFU! It needed an INDIAN in Dalmiya to transform the ICC and now another INDIAN is transforming world cricket. Get this guy in charge of the ICC, he will take it even higher then from when the last indian took the ICC. What the hell has your man Speed done apart from maintain the old staus quo! CC your adulation of all things white is sad and clearly is a result of spending to much time in the west. You need to take a long hard look at yourself and your hero worship of the gora.

As for his point about ' its so-bad when the nominated ICC chief is an Indian to these whiteys but its okay when OZ has 2 top officials' diatribe, Sunny is speaking directly from his rear end.
Umm.. why? Its a fact that we had Malcom Gray and Malcom Speed as ICC President and ICC CEO respectively in 2002.
Its not the fact that brown nations cannot safeguard the better interests of cricket, for none of the sources he quoted criticised a Pakistani or Sri Lankan chief. however, its a very basic and common sense related fact that when the largest and overwhelmingly dominant market also controls the regulatory body in an international sport, there is no checks-n-balances to ensure fairplay.
And how can you say that Pawar and Bindra would not have done a better job that the two Malcoms? And if it was not for India, no white nation could have been able to safeguard the interest of cricket because the game might have been sidelined enough due to lack of revenue. And what you say as the highlighted part is correct.
Right now, the executive powers of Aussie-led board is contrasted with BCCI's pure dadagiri 'dollar' power and more or less, this power struggle can balance itself out....but with a desi chief of ICC ?!? Sorry, but thats like giving the BCCI license to do whatever the f*ck they want. Infact, given Indian cricketers' record with cheating, its corrupt politicians and its corrupt board-members who don't even know the ABCD of fiscal management, i myself don't want a BCCI official to be in the ICC post.
And you're talking as if corruption is there only in India!! It is a well known fact that apart from giving the test recognition to Bangladesh, Dalmiya had done a fantastic job when he was the ICC President. No president has got as much success AS YET in ICC.
Because one thing is certain- Dalmiya apart, each and every single desi honcho of BCCI has been a total ninny and are nowhere as qualified as Speed and his buddies in managing a corporation. Powar, Bindra etc. have zero qualifications in this regard compared to Speed and i'd hate to see these nincompoops further sully India's reputation and ruin the game of cricket just because it suits some jingoistic guys with an inferiority complex to see a desi at office in ICC
What job has Speed done is for all of us see. He has been an abject failure, be it handling the issues of umpiring, taking a proactive step in the introduction of technology or dealing with utter dire state of Zimbabwe cricket. The terrible failure of 2007 WC was another feather in his so called "failure cap". In fact I can't remember anything of note that Speed has achieved during his tenure. Pawar otherwise also didn't have a competition from Speed because Pawar is already the President elect for 2010. But Bindra could have been ably replaced him because if you do not know, Bindra is a retired IAS officer and has handled many such posts in the govt of India successfully during his service period. His job is reflected in the way PCB is run, the way Mohali has the the best facilities available and the way PCB has its own website--all very professional. So I have no reason to believe that Bindra would have done badly as ICC CEO and certainly he would not have done as badly as Speed. Hence I disagree with almost your entire post!
No, not really. Try "One of the most well informed and passionate posters, who cares to make a convincing argument for the POVs he puts forward, rather than resorting to one liners or insults directed at a particular community". Your "Southie" comment was way out, BTW. You should apologise.
Calling a South Indian a southie is an insult- wow I am really dealing with some sensitive souls here Mr Dhondy go and apologize to everyone you have ever called a North Indian, a south Indian, an Indian, a Britisher, an Aussie................................. once you are done let me know and I'll think about why this is abusive anyway I didn't think anyone here needs nannies to come and take care of them so why don't you discuss rather than defend individual posters- I am not here to try and win your approval