Iyer is what people think Pant is

lamellavig

If I put SKY in place of Shreyas in this match, I don't see SKY playing any better than this. So, sorry I don't buy this agenda of hatred towards him. If Indian cricket starts following the rule of Indian experts over here, the amount of insecurity in the team would be ridiculous. That is poor management of the team.

Bowling attack was top notch and Shreyas scored 67(48) after playing some proper cricketing shots while rest barely scored 55(72). I am not even sure if someone like SKY or Kishan would even score runs at 21/3 or not like Shreyas did and that's why he will be my no.1 pick for ODIs.

In T20s his only problem I can see is once set, he will not make a difference of 15-20 runs in final overs like KL, Pant, Pandya, Kishan etc would. I would like to see if SKY can make that difference in international T20s against this level of attack. Rest all his weakness are way too overblown. 

Edited by Majestic
1 hour ago, Majestic said:

If I put SKY in place of Shreyas in this match, I don't see SKY playing any better than this. So, sorry I don't buy this agenda of hatred towards him. If Indian cricket starts following the rule of Indian experts over here, the amount of insecurity in the team would be ridiculous. That is poor management of the team.

Bowling attack was top notch and Shreyas scored 67(48) after playing some proper cricketing shots while rest barely scored 55(72). I am not even sure if someone like SKY or Kishan would even score runs at 21/3 or not like Shreyas did and that's why he will be my no.1 pick for ODIs.

In T20s his only problem I can see is once set, he will not make a difference of 15-20 runs in final overs like KL, Pant, Pandya, Kishan etc would. I would like to see if SKY can make that difference in international T20s against this level of attack. Rest all his weakness are way too overblown. 

who said sky in place of iyer. sky in place of chewtiya kohli and ishan in place of dhawan is what we wanted. 

iyer can play or sit at home. no one cares. there are better players than him. samad is a better player in this format. india have plenty of talents. just dont pick them. 

Indian cricket will never thrive in current dynamics

People talk Iyers under the radar innings ,but if you put even a decent domestic batsman he would too score some without making any impact

Iyer can stay if we don't field kohli,dhawan

But Kohli won't do it,you know it why

So it is like having three featherweights competing against heavyweights of the game,you don't expect them to deliver knockout punch

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

who said sky in place of iyer. sky in place of chewtiya kohli and ishan in place of dhawan is what we wanted. 

iyer can play or sit at home. no one cares. there are better players than him. samad is a better player in this format. india have plenty of talents. just dont pick them. 

If Iyer can play then how do you not care about him lol.. Anyways, Kohli is not going anywhere.

I do agree that India's problem is that with Dhawan, Kohli and Iyer, they have 3 anchors. It just doesn't work in T20 that you play 3 anchors in top 6, add Sundar also as his batting is useless at 7. So 4 anchors in top 7. This need to be changed. Now how you change it needs to be rectified. Sundar should either play as second spinner or not play. He is not cut at no.7 either.

40 minutes ago, Majestic said:

If Iyer can play then how do you not care about him lol.. Anyways, Kohli is not going anywhere.

I do agree that India's problem is that with Dhawan, Kohli and Iyer, they have 3 anchors. It just doesn't work in T20 that you play 3 anchors in top 6, add Sundar also as his batting is useless at 7. So 4 anchors in top 7. This need to be changed. Now how you change it needs to be rectified. Sundar should either play as second spinner or not play. He is not cut at no.7 either.

When the other option is Chahal I'll play Sundar over him every single time.  At least he won't be carted around like him. 

Three Changes I'd like to see next game are Kishan in for Dhawan & Tewatia in for Chahal.  Replace Axar with Saini. 

Kolli isn't going anywhere better be used to it.  At best we can hope he gets out without wasting many balls. 

Pant, if he comes off, can single handedly win watches. He is of the caliber of those explosive batsmen in t20s and should open like they do. There is a reason Gayle, etc open innings 

Iyer can at max play these Babar Azam kind of innings and can be more consistent, but needs others to attack around him to win matches 

Edited by New guy
3 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

if a 60 of 50 ball kind of innings is your idea of a matchwinner,sure.

But let me tell you ,iyer would never play for England T20 Side and there are good reasons for that.

I ll put atleast 6 batsmen before iyer plays for india in t20s .

He is perfectly fine in Odis but not t20s.

Iyer vs lolli in T20..  Iyer wins hands down.  But when you have Top 4 comprising of Dhawan Kolli Iyer..  You will lose to top sides more often than not. 

I hope Kolli has another stinker of an IPl like last time & this lean patch continues forever. 

But pretty sure he will go to Sri lanka & Zim tour later in the year for stat padding.  Chase Master Super V rofl..  His fans will go gaga:hysterical:

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Iyer vs lolli in T20..  Iyer wins hands down.  But when you have Top 4 comprising of Dhawan Kolli Iyer..  You will lose to top sides more often than not. 

I hope Kolli has another stinker of an IPl like last time & this lean patch continues forever. 

But pretty sure he will go to Sri lanka & Zim tour later in the year for stat padding.  Chase Master Super V rofl..  His fans will go gaga:hysterical:

You can only have one of kohli/dhawan/iyer type of player in a t20 side.

We are playing all three .

Even pakistan wont be stupid enough to play 3 babars in the same x1.

I am sure if one of them fails ,we ll get in pandey and the cycle will repeat and sky might just jump of a cliff.

thats the tragedy of this team under kaptaan.