Bollywood=cesspool

FischerTal

On 2/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, Stradlater said:

Ditto. I have had a total Bollywood boycott policy for some years now. These days I even try to avoid the garbage music they churn out. A bunch of self-centered, narcissistic, no talent jackasses who made a fortune by fooling the gullible public. 

Sounds like the dynasts we've been voting into power for ever. The Gandhis, the Thackerays, the Rajes, the Gehlots, the Pilots, the Abdullahs, the Muftis, the Yadavs and so on.

@FischerTal You'd be surprised to know that some of the most difficult industries/trades to get into in Mumbai are Diamond trade and stock market (the big time players). Especially the diamond trade is an exclusively Gujarati dominated sectors where outsiders (even other Gujjus) are absolutely not given any entry.

Aside of the service sector, almost every major sector in India is nepotistic.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Sounds like the dynasts we've been voting into power for ever. The Gandhis, the Thackerays, the Rajes, the Gehlots, the Pilots, the Abdullahs, the Muftis, the Yadavs and so on.

@FischerTal You'd be surprised to know that some of the most difficult industries/trades to get into in Mumbai are Diamond trade and stock market (the big time players). Especially the diamond trade is an exclusively Gujarati dominated sectors where outsiders (even other Gujjus) are absolutely not given any entry.

Aside of the service sector, almost every major sector in India is nepotistic.

agree, but I don't find diamond merchants constantly preaching to rest of India about every issue going on in the country.

1 minute ago, FischerTal said:

agree, but I don't find diamond merchants constantly preaching to rest of India about every issue going on in the country.

Before the incorporation of production houses, people like Bharat Shah financed a lot of movies and had them declared flops to launder all that $. :--D

13 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Before the incorporation of production houses, people like Bharat Shah financed a lot of movies and had them declared flops to launder all that $. :--D

Nowadays, money is being laundered through fake BO collections, every movie is making 100+ crores, but our economy is supposed to be in doldrums!

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Nowadays, money is being laundered through fake BO collections, every movie is making 100+ crores, but our economy is supposed to be in doldrums!

I don't follow. How do you launder money if the movie if the movie is declared a hit and you aggrandise collections?

17 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't follow. How do you launder money if the movie if the movie is declared a hit and you aggrandise collections?

If you have lots of black money, you can jack up collections and pay GST on it and convert to white. Fake ticket sales at the gate, nobody checks if those who bought tickets are filling up seats in the theatre

Edited by coffee_rules

38 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Well isn't that how money laundering works? buying up struggling businesses and "cooking" books to show cash flow and launder black money to white?

Obviously not basing this on my Finance background but based on shows like breaking bad and Ozark :giggle:

20 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Well isn't that how money laundering works? buying up struggling businesses and "cooking" books to show cash flow and launder black money to white?

Obviously not basing this on my Finance background but based on shows like breaking bad and Ozark :giggle:

Makes sense. The cases/case studies I've come across involve producers declare their movies to be flops when they aren't and in essence hide their true income. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Are they making Love Aaj Kal again? It is hardly a 10 year old movie, they are rehashing the same old trash even in songs, dearth of talent, south India is making better content 

They did a remix of a song Jaani Teri Naa that came out two years ago recently lol

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Makes sense. The cases/case studies I've come across involve producers declare their movies to be flops when they aren't and in essence hide their true income. 

What’s the use?  they are creating more black money.  This was how income was hidden in the 70s and 80s (Movie Ref RAID), to avoid taxes that were like upwards of 70%. Showing flops as super hits can launder those kept in black to legit money although you pay tax on it, but money is earned in legit ways

Just now, coffee_rules said:

What’s the use?  they are creating more black money.  This was how income was hidden in the 70s and 80s (Movie Ref RAID), to avoid taxes that were like upwards of 70%. Showing flops as super hits can launder those kept in black to legit money although you pay tax on it, but money is earned in legit ways

These are cases from the 80s and 90s!!

The modus operandi: the black money is fuelled back into the system through fake holding companies to buy land/property/commercial land. Sometimes even agricultural land and then books are fudged to show a lot of income (non taxable!) through agricultural produce. 

On 2/4/2020 at 8:18 PM, Global.Baba said:

:confused::confused::confused:

You work in the field of finance? 

I thought you were some type of a hybrid between Osho and The Guru who moved to the West to save the decadent Westerners from complete spiritual collapse by making them sing paens to Rohit Sharma's batting.

27 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

:confused::confused::confused:

You work in the field of finance? 

I thought you were some type of a hybrid between Osho and The Guru who moved to the West to save the decadent Westerners from complete spiritual collapse by making them sing paens to Rohit Sharma's batting.

Used to. Now a full time Neem- Munching global.guru (don't forget the dot) :p:

On 2/3/2020 at 12:29 AM, FischerTal said:

apart from some genuine talent, whole industry is filled with nepotistic, arrogant, and just plain disgusting fellows. 

one example. here i dont mind the crass language because its become symptomatic of the kind of language spoken in most urban centers of India nowadays, but what is quite stark is the way she is treating the poor man serving her in the blue checkered shirt. 

These are Gen Xers, millenials like us are even worse.