Bollywood=cesspool

FischerTal

Farah Khan says she ensured Main Hoon Na villain was not a Muslim

Main Hoon Na director Farah Khan also chose to make the villain’s henchman, who ultimately proves his loyalty to the country, a Muslim.

Suniel Shetty played the villain, a former army officer-turned-militant named Raghavan, in Main Hoon Na. 

she did not want the villain of her film to be a Muslim. She also chose Khan as the name of the antagonist’s right-hand man, who realises he was being misled all along and ends up choosing his country over terrorism.

Raghavan's plans to derail a peaceful operation to strengthen bilateral ties between India and Pakistan.

Edited by Gollum

31 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Why can't they move Bollywood to Delhi and Punjabi,fits in well with the ethos there...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Better yet let them shift to Karachi, that way they can be closer to their godfather Dawood. 

Brothelwood is :wp90:

Hate how they are presented as India's main movie industry when folks in Malayalam and Tamil industries make far better content. 

Edited by Gollum

On 2/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, FischerTal said:

if you are an outsider, its nearly impossible to establish a name in this industry. Thats why you see many talented actors either stuck doing TV serials their whole life or now they start doing web series

One can even forgive the nepotism that exists in the industry because its a problem all over India in different fields, but what annoys me is their constant preaching and grandstanding morality.

I recently watched family man and jamtara, much better watch than any hindi movie i have watched in the last few years. 

On 2/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, Stradlater said:

Ditto. I have had a total Bollywood boycott policy for some years now. These days I even try to avoid the garbage music they churn out. A bunch of self-centered, narcissistic, no talent jackasses who made a fortune by fooling the gullible public. 

The entire film industry is sh1t not just bollywood. My parents and grandparents used to hate the tamil cine industry even though its somewhat better than bollywood. They say its a dirty business and all kind of wrongdoings happen in it. If you think about it, they used to be mobile caravans of stage artists. In Tamil, there used to be a phrase for begging "kenji koothadi panam vangarathu" which means "beg and dance to get money". This is their aukaat. Since they have fooled many with the modern cinema, they have become arrogant and powerful.

Its time to show that they have no nation building skills in their entire industry and only spoil the nation with obscenity and lack of morals. What you are doing is the right thing to do. I have been doing the same for a long time. Spread it to your relatives and friends so that they can know and make informed decisions. Tell them they are a virus to the nation and to not watch them. Hurt them where it hurts - their pockets. They will be back to the begging bowls of days past. I can even show from an astrological point of view but don't want to take it on a tangent.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, Mariyam said:

Sounds like the dynasts we've been voting into power for ever. The Gandhis, the Thackerays, the Rajes, the Gehlots, the Pilots, the Abdullahs, the Muftis, the Yadavs and so on.

@FischerTal You'd be surprised to know that some of the most difficult industries/trades to get into in Mumbai are Diamond trade and stock market (the big time players). Especially the diamond trade is an exclusively Gujarati dominated sectors where outsiders (even other Gujjus) are absolutely not given any entry.

Aside of the service sector, almost every major sector in India is nepotistic.

an other whataboutism attempt at diversion lol 

On 2/20/2020 at 9:09 AM, Yoda-esque said:

Why can't they move Bollywood to Delhi and Punjabi,fits in well with the ethos there...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Punjab already has a movie industry.

Bollywood can be used as a proxy to promote the stolen Punjabi songs which are then 'remixed' and 'Hindified', losing all their natural flair.   Win Win :dance:

Haven't watched a bollywood movie in ages. In fact, don't watch movies any longer but catch if they are outstanding be it English or others.   Punjabi movies are good for their romcom value.. But TV shows is where it's at.  Have binged tons of shows. 

Some good Bollywood movies I recall:

3 Idiots

Manorama Six Feet Under

Swades
Sultan
Chakde India
Lagaan

Dangal

Rang De Basanti

Can't recall others now.

P.S All you virgins out there and married ones will get schooled by your partners and made to watch Bollywood movies.  It's not if, but when...

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

once i see that an artist is anti national and has pseudo liberal social media presence, i make sure i never see any movie or video they make. Simple, just play your part. 

Everything is rigged in that filthy industry, anti-national and anti-dharmic to the core.

Recently there was the Filmfare awards, this song's lyrics lost to that Gully Boy trash (also its director Zoya Akhtar shamelessly copied a Hollywood movie and the usual skullduggery, another trait of that industry )

"Apna Time Aayega"
(from "Gully Boy" soundtrack)

Kaun bola mujhe na ho payega?
Kaun bola, Kaun bola?

Apna Time Aayega!

Uth ja apni raakh se
Tu uth ja ab talaash mein
Parwaaz dekh parwaane ki
Aasmaan bhi sar uthayega
Aayega, apna time aayega

Mere jaisa shaana lala
Tujhe na mil paayega
Ye shabdo ka jwaala
Meri bediyan pighlaayega
Jitna tune boya hai
Tu utna hi toh khaayega
Aisa mera khwaab hai
Jo dar ko bhi sataayega
Zinda mera khwab
Ab kaise tu dafnayega

Ab hausle se jeene de
Ab khauf nahi hai seene mein
Har raaste ko cheerenge
Hum kaamyabi cheenenge
Sab kuch mila paseene se
Matlab bana ab jeene mein
Kyun?

Kyunki apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega

Apna time aayega
Apna time aayega
Apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega
Apna time aayega
Apna time aayega
Apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar…

Kisi ka haath nahi tha sar par
Yahan par aaya khudki mehnat se main
Jitni taakat kismat mein nahi
Utni rehmat mein hai
Phir bhi ladka sehmat nahi hai
Kyunki hairat nahi hai
Zaroorat yahan marzi ki aur jurrat ki hai
Taakat ki hai, aafat ki, himaakat ki, Ibadat ki
Adaalat yeh hai chaahat ki
Mohabbat ki, amaanat ki
Jeetne ki ab aadat ki
Yeh shohrat ki, ab laalach nahi hai
Tere bhai jaisa koi hard’ich nahi hai
Hard, hard, hard, hard…

Iss harkat ne hi barkat di hai
Kyun?

Kyunki apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega
Apna time aayega
Apna time aayega
Apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega
Apna time aayega!
Apna time aayega!
Apna time aayega!
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega

Kal nanga hi toh aaya tha
Kya tu ghanta lekar jaayega
Apna time aayega!
Apna time aayega!

Apna time aayega na
Tu nanga hi toh jayega na…

No standards, no decency, no sense of fairness, nepotistic and morally depraved assholes. I don't follow Brothelwood or its shitty awards ceremonies but millions do and they are so gullible. 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, vice said:

Haven't watched a bollywood movie in ages. In fact, don't watch movies any longer but catch if they are outstanding be it English or others.   Punjabi movies are good for their romcom value.. But TV shows is where it's at.  Have binged tons of shows. 

Some good Bollywood movies I recall:

3 Idiots

Manorama Six Feet Under

Swades
Sultan
Chakde India
Lagaan

Dangal

Rang De Basanti

Can't recall others now.

P.S All you virgins out there and married ones will get schooled by your partners and made to watch Bollywood movies.  It's not if, but when...

Check the movies thread bhai. Some good recommendations from South industries. I was sceptical at first but damn they surprised me in a good way. 

Edited by Gollum

Bollywood is gutter trash. Don’t know how watched this tripe when I was a teenager. Haven’t watched a masala movie for over a decade. Only watch serious movies and only when recommended by reliable sources. 

I am sure there are many self-entitled aussholes like this cunt Farrah Khan. Despite all these self-entitlement, they are begging for Hollywood recognition.

On 2/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, Gollum said:

No standards, no decency, no sense of fairness, nepotistic and morally depraved assholes. I don't follow Brothelwood or its shitty awards ceremonies but millions do and they are so gullible. 

Whoa!

Your words here are a lot less 'decent' than the song you quoted.

When you clamour for decency, is it only from others?

With all due respect to you; 

1) Everyone and his/her uncle knows that these awards are rigged/sold on the basis of who performs/comperes at the events. 

2) Its a private function and they can give the award to whoever they(sponsors) wish. You can feel free to start your own award show and hand over the awards to whoever you deem fit. That's how it works. These aren't the national awards. There isn't a specifically selected jury for this.

3) The lyrics of this song are supposed to be that of a rap number. They are likely to use street lingo.

4) You seen to have such a low opinion of the millions. I don't get this " I'm aware but the millions of them are duds who are gullible" attitude. Gullible to what? This is an award show.