Bollywood=cesspool

FischerTal

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@coffee_rules Of course we can.

But in such cases you should caveat your post with a " my post contains a tweet with 6 sentences out of which 4-5 are incorrect/lies. Please ignore them and focus only on _____" .

Else people will call the tweet out on its inaccuracies.

I gave a note above my post to focus on the copy, you went on a diatribe on the tweet content, very convenient. Please comment on the Gems of Bollywood thread on Hinduphobic writers of 50s - 70 s

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@coffee_rules Of course we can.

But in such cases you should caveat your post with a " my post contains a tweet with 6 sentences out of which 4-5 are incorrect/lies. Please ignore them and focus only on _____" .

Else people will call the tweet out on its inaccuracies.

Mariam but the central point stays some bollywood khan did plagiarism. Facts don't care about emotions. 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:37 PM, coffee_rules said:

I gave a note above my post to focus on the copy, you went on a diatribe on the tweet content, very convenient. Please comment on the Gems of Bollywood thread on Hinduphobic writers of 50s - 70 s

Nah I'll pass.

If the tweet you quoted is anything to go by, this handle is not averse to propagating lies and distortions. 

I've limited posting in the chit chat section. This thread was on my feed coz I'd posted on it earlier. 

54 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Nah I'll pass.

If the tweet you quoted is anything to go by, this handle is not averse to propagating lies and distortions. 

I've limited posting in the chit chat section. This thread was on my feed coz I'd posted on it earlier. 

There may be a few exaggerations, half-truths, distortions but plenty of accurate stuff as well. Videos that aren't distorted, they don't paint the film industry in good light. 

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

There may be a few exaggerations, half-truths, distortions but plenty of accurate stuff as well. Videos that aren't distorted, they don't paint the film industry in good light. 

rehne do. Sach kadwa hota hain. Focus on a small error and disregard the big message, Ok,  fine,  AK is not responsible for QSQT content. But, he is as a big star for PK. He can control the content, but it is too much to expect.   I just want to hear a clear feedback on Kufr. Isn’t it a bad thing to propagate for India?

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

This senior lejend thinks Dharma / Karma is a colonial construct and not Indian! Ignorant UP bhaiyya, in the South Indian languages, it is Dharma and Karma and it is called so, much before Brits and Hindi speaking people existed. Not expected this from Bachchsn Saab!

He is so effin wrong.  

In Hindi धर्म may be Dharam. 

But in Samskrta (where it all came from),  धर्म is Dhar-muh (like a very short "ah"), not Dharam. 

Dharam would be धरम्. 

Dharm (like Punjabi) would be धर्म् 

In Hindi, अमिताभ would be Amitaabh.  In Samskrta, अमिताभ would be Amitaabh-uh. 

More precisely, since he is male, it would have to be अमिताभः.  In Samskrta, Amitaabh would be अमिताभ् .

There is absolute precision and zero ambiguity in Samskrta.  It takes a fool or a willfully ignorant person to get it wrong.  

It really pi$$es me off when people go about strutting their "knowledge" about things they know nothing about, even the basics.  And for someone like him who should be linguistically inclined, this is like A B C.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

36 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

He seems to be losing his mind.

More than him, it is the people that are clapping, I am angry about. Why are they clapping when he says it is Ramayan and not Ramayana?

Or Himalay and not Himalaya? Himalaya is a popular brand, BTW, competing with Patanjali.

Just now, coffee_rules said:

More than him, it is the people that are clapping, I am angry about. Why are they clapping when he says it is Ramayan and not Ramayana?

Or Himalay and not Himalaya? Himalaya is a popular brand, BTW, competing with Patanjali.

He is not a generic Bollywood moron either, comes from a lineage of a well respected literary family and he seems to have had some interest in literature himself. Expect better from him when talking about Indian culture.

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

He is not a generic Bollywood moron either, comes from a lineage of a well respected literary family and he seems to have had some interest in literature himself. Expect better from him when talking about Indian culture.

I think it is a bit of laziness to do research.  He associates the use of the "a" at the end of Himalaya(a) and Dharm(a) to Anglicization, thinks he is right because he comes from a lineage of well-respected experts, and doesn't bother to consider other possibilities. 

It has also been shown time and again that people who are well-known experts in one area (e.g., acting) often think they know more than they do about other areas (e.g., science, literature) simply because of the public adulation they have received.  I think the operative term here is "arrogance."

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

42 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yep.  I'll bet there are 3 types of clappers:

(1) Starry-eyed Amitabh fans - how can Big B be wrong?

(2) Polite people - let's be respectful of a famous, old man.

(3) People who really believe what he is saying.  

On 2/26/2021 at 11:28 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

I think it is a bit of laziness to do research.  He associates the use of the "a" at the end of Himalaya(a) and Dharm(a) to Anglicization, thinks he is right because he comes from a lineage of well-respected experts, and doesn't bother to consider other possibilities. 

It has also been shown time and again that people who are well-known experts in one area (e.g., acting) often think they know more than they do about other areas (e.g., science, literature) simply because of the public adulation they have received.  I think the operative term here is "arrogance."

There is a word for the part in bold:

Agnorance.

Though I am not sure if that is the case here.