Whats the point of Kedar Jadhav and Shardul Thakur?

5 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Jadhav is not even bowling in past 12 months what the point of palying him ?
Give chance to Pant, Manish or even Gill at 6. At gill will get some experience.

Kohli wants to phase him out i think. But that guy keeps his place safe with cameos lol.  I think he is deliberately not giving overs to him. May be shastri wants Jadhav in the side and he doesn't want him? 

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Only a kannada quota and Dravid can explain that hijra kannada Patil in the team ahead of Purnank. Hope it's clear. :)

You have a grouse with kannadigas... doesn't mean you demean a cricketer or his state. 

You can accuse RD of lot of things including pussilaminity but don't  think bias.

Thakur needs to go. He isn't international standard. I can't believe that Virat & TM are playing him for just some 20 odd runs he can score with the bat. Kedar isn't bowling anymore which makes his selection baffling as well. Yesterday someone was defending his selection saying that he provides India with a 6th bowling option but again when Kuldeep was getting hammered, Virat did not have the confidence to even bowl him for one over. So I don't understand why we are playing him. Kedar is 34 years now and will be 37 during 2023 WC, India needs to seriously think if he has a future in the ODI team. These are some poor selections. 

Thakur keeping Saini out is another gross injustice to the latter. I just hope after yesterday's bashing we don't select Dube in the X1 to provide "Balance".

Someone explains this memory loss of kohli

Saini was excellent against SL

Thakur played 1st game against aus ..in one game they gave up on him

Saini plays n performs

Nz t20 series starts thakur is again no.1 choice. 

Saini gets games due to rotation and he performs.

He gets benched again despite performing on every occasion.

Ye har series ke baad kohli bhool kyun jaata hai

Saini will only play ahead of shardul when we lose or when Kohli gains some confidence in our batting. He is perpetually planning for batting collapses but weakening the bowling in the process. 

If the spinner was bowling well or bumrah was at his best they would bail Kohli out but they are not firing either 

26 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

Saini will only play ahead of shardul when we lose or when Kohli gains some confidence in our batting. He is perpetually planning for batting collapses but weakening the bowling in the process. 

If the spinner was bowling well or bumrah was at his best they would bail Kohli out but they are not firing either 

How many failures of this plan will make him realise that its a bad plan. 

This plan failed in wc semi

Failed many times with shardul

Also ash jaddu were always better batsman them kulcha so it failed then also thats why they were dropped. 

Just becoz shardul 1-2 cameos came off he can screw 98% games. Coz tail ended cameos will come in handy in max 2% of games.

Both Pandey and Jadhav are useless but I would take Pandey’s fielding any day over Jadhav’s non existent bowling.

Pros of Jadhav are: can go from ball 1 and play some cameos . In emergency scenario can roll his arm over.

Pros of Pandey are: when in rhythm scores freely but when stuck in a rut looks worse than a tailender. However even in those situations he somehow can make runs even if it is a useless selfish 50. World class fielder.

Cons of Jadhav: Pathetic fielder, useless bowler and cannot play stabilizing knocks.

Cons of Pandey: capable of playing selfish match losing knocks. Cannot bowl atleast as far as I know